Lower rear reflectors into driving lights! - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Axion@Apr 6 2005, 05:43 PM
I think that pic above was just a camera flash reflection..

I posted the pic. It's from an Aussie 6er site. So you should probably go search for the thread and read it if you think it's camera flash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fragile@Apr 7 2005, 11:04 AM
if it was a camera flash, then the back of the car wouldn't lbe in the dark, clearly the picture is taken without a flash
[snapback]389490[/snapback]
Well if you scroll over in the very center of the picture between the mazda emblem and the license plate there is what seems to me a very obvious "flash" reflection, the area around the center is pretty bright too..

again, this is only my opinion, if I would have seen this picture in any other context I would have said it was flash..

nonetheless I still want to try the mod, I just dont think it will end up being as bright as shown in the pic..

Quote:
Originally posted by shellghost@Apr 7 2005, 08:39 PM
I posted the pic. It's from an Aussie 6er site. So you should probably go search for the thread and read it if you think it's camera flash
[snapback]389695[/snapback]
well I was not sure if you grabbed the pic from someone that said the actually had done the mod or you found a pic that looked like someone had done it..
either way, my vote is still flash

Car-Los

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 6S Steel Gray, Manual, Spt package, Bose, MnRf, SSU
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by shellghost@Apr 7 2005, 06:39 PM
[snapback]389695[/snapback]
WTF dude, if its that big a deal to you, since you posted the damn pic, post the thread as well? keyword in my quote being "think" ..

And for the people actually interested in this, the way my friend did it, it looks just like the tail lights do when you turn your lights on, no brighter, no dimmer..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 01:20 AM

I like the ideal of the lights on in the markr's, I was riding behind a 6 tonight and it was making a left hand turn and I couldn't really see the blinker. The bumper marker as a blinker would look good and give more blinker for the cars behind.
Just a thought

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>.
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>`..`..`...ZOOM-ZOOM!!><((MS6))>
><((((>`..`..`...><((((>.
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yeah you could probably pull it off too, depending on the bulb you used and what wire you tapped into. Same theory as the front sidemarker / blinker mod i would think

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da 6 Send a message via Yahoo to Da 6
remember that regardless if there is a bulb or not once a headlight or in this case a flash from camera that it is gonna look like that cause you just lit up a reflector

2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze Eco 6MT (DD)
2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy GT (Project)
2003 Lapis Blue Metallic Mazda 6i (Traded In)
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 12:33 AM

I played with this idea last year. It&#39;s do-able, but seems like a PITA to me. You can go out and detach that reflector if you like. It&#39;s simple to do to get an idea of what you&#39;re working with. I did it when a couple of my co-workers went to lunch with me and we spent half of lunch passing it around to play with the plausibility.

We saw two problems. One is the wiring. You can tap into your brake lights somewhere along the way but you&#39;ll have to run the wires from somewhere inside your trunk (where I would tap it) down to each side of the bumper. The other more complicated problem is that there isn&#39;t a lot of room inside that reflector assembly. Using a dremel, you could cut an opening to insert a bulb but you&#39;d have to do a good job to get a good removable seal (for replacing the lights. With that, though, I&#39;m not sure how the length of the reflector would light up with a single bulb inside - whether or not it will be bright in the middle or across the reflector.

Because of that concern and the small depth of the assembly, I was thinking an LED strip or bar would be best. It&#39;s thin and would spread across the inside of the reflector. With that, I kind of just passed on the idea and popped the reflector back in. Maybe I&#39;ll check it out again...
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Learners License

I have to get "UK" plates I will be there for 4 years and I am not sure about the fog light. That is just what I am getting told but nothing for sure till I get there..

Thanks for the info....

Quote:
Originally posted by aaman@Apr 7 2005, 02:18 AM
I don&#39;t think you will need the rear fogs if you are taking your NA car to the UK as a personal import, especially if it&#39;s only temporary. If you are going to keep your US licence plates or fit special military overseas plates their are exemptions under UK Construction and Use regulations that cover this.
[snapback]389400[/snapback]
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by texn@Apr 11 2005, 03:47 AM
I have to get "UK" plates I will be there for 4 years and I am not sure about the fog light.* That is just what I am getting told but nothing for sure till I get there..

Thanks for the info....
[snapback]390948[/snapback]
I&#39;m trying to find out for definate for you, in the meantime, it may be a good idea to partially do the 2nd brake light mod to the right hand side but connected to a seperate switch rather than the brake light switch. You definately don&#39;t need more than one rear fog provided it is fitted between the center line and the right side of the car.

Have you also been told that your car will need a M.O.T test once it is more than three years old if it has UK plates? If you&#39;ve got after market HIDs it will fail the test.

You&#39;ll have to pay approx. 160 a year for "Vehicle Excise Duty"- we call it road tax- it has to be paid if you want to use a UK registered car on public roads.

You can&#39;t get the tax without a valid M.O.T certificate and minimum 3rd party insurance, which may be difficult to obtain as UK insurance companies don&#39;t like left hand drive cars or holders of non UK driving licences.

And you have to display your number (license) plates on the front and rear, black characters on white reflective background front and black on yellow rear.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Theres a big difference between real drivers and those who just hold a licence.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 06:58 AM

Here&#39;s one I did

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page