Luminics Bulbs 5,150k VIDEO (streetunit.com) - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
Cullen from Squatty's shop , or www.streetunit.com sent me a few bulbs this b/c I DESPERATELY needed them, my high beams were out, and no telling how much longer the other silverstars were going to last.

So I installed the Luminics Ultra White bulbs, imported, 5,150k. H1's, 12V, 55w but output 130w (so it says on the package)

They're crisp as hell ! Extremely white with a tinge of blue at certain angles, and they have a 2 year warranty on burning out !

You can buy them / find more specs and info on the bulbs here :

<a href=\'http://www.streetunit.com/rides/albums/footage/Squatty_s_Luminics.wmv\' target=\'_blank\'>Blackmagik&#39;s Luminics Bulb Series Video : Ultra White&#39;s</a> Right Click, Save Target As

Size: 12.5 MB&#39;s
Length: 2:03

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 05:12 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to backman_66 Send a message via MSN to backman_66
wow, dam*! That&#39;s a really good deal! Too bad 3 days ago I just ordered Philips Blue Vision H1&#39;s and H3&#39;s for a total of 66$ I would have gotten these instead, hands down! 2 year warranty, wow! I&#39;ll be getting these once my philips burn out
post #3 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 05:15 PM

hey blackmagic, what bulbs do you have in your license plates, parking lights, and side markers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 06:07 PM

Someone may need to bitch slap me for this question but if I need to switch out both high and low beams then I need to order 3 H1 sets?

I just noticed yesterday when I installed my led parking lights that when my dealer replaced my driver&#39;s side headlight housing (my car had one tinted and one non tinted headlight housing when I got it) they not only didn&#39;t include a parking light but now the light closest to the edge of the car is out.

Also I had a hell of a time squeezing my hand in there to get the led light in, would I have to remove the housing to install low and hi beams?

I want to do hids eventually but this might be cool for now

p.s thanks for the video.. little dizzy now but cool nonetheless
post #5 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
You need to order 2 pairs of H1&#39;s , meaning 4 bulbs total. I installed these last night without removing the housings, just take your time and you should be ok, make sure the metal things that hold the H1&#39;s in there are clipped properly, and that the plug (harness) is clipped back onto the bulbs snug as well. Then put the dust shield thing back on, and you&#39;re golden.

Backman, I&#39;ve got the Hyper White 5-LED&#39;s in the sidemarkers and the license plate lights from superbrightleds.com

Pulszar, sorry about the dizzyness I like to keep my vids amateur and rough / sketchy, dunno why. It&#39;s got that starving artist feel (so I like to think) Straight up tri-pod style just doesn&#39;t seem like me unless I&#39;m trying to do a professional shoot or something

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 06:30 PM

I installed HID&#39;s in my low beams a few days ago. it&#39;s not that bad i didnt wanna remove bumper but i did it anyway and thats not bad at all! just a few screws, takes MAYBE 10 mins tops to get it off. really easy, then just remove headlight housings. but to replace high/low beams and fogs, i highly recommend removing bumper / housings. especially for passenger side with V6
post #7 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Makes it ALOT easier but you don&#39;t have to. you can work around it. I took it off the 1st time as well, but I installed these at like 2 am last night (morning, I dunno?) and didn&#39;t feel like getting on the ground so ... yeah.

Anyone gonna get em ? They&#39;re nice man, really crisp white! Look damn good IMO, w/ that bluish tinge

post #8 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 08:32 PM

Very nice, I like! Dont&#39; have the money right now but I&#39;ll look at that like I&#39;m waiting to see if they burn out. haha

Mike / 2004 Mazda 6s / V6 5-Speed

///
///
///
///

post #9 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leftyrev
i think im gonna get 2 sets of these to try them out , i got plasma piaas in my fogs and i hate them . how do you think these bulbs look next to 6000k hid&#39;s

2004 Steel grey MAZDA 6 hatchback , owned since 12\19\04
post #10 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 10:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leftyrev
well i looked at the video again , Black your videos are getting to be real good and these are just for bulbs lol , i like the extra effort in the intro and music . and you seem to cover every angle we can ask for nice job .

heres a better question you could probably answer how close are the bulbs compared to your matrix leds in the side marker lights . my 6000k hid and matrix bulbs look very similar in color of course the hid are brighter tho.

i already purchased mine for fogs and hi beams . i had to get rid of those Piaa&#39;s

2004 Steel grey MAZDA 6 hatchback , owned since 12\19\04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page