Luminics Bulbs 5,150k VIDEO (streetunit.com) - Page 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGnu@Mar 20 2005, 11:10 AM
It may just be my computer screen, but the stock lights look brighter in the picture on page 3. The luminics are definitely whiter.
[snapback]380543[/snapback]
I agree. The pic of the headlights themselves make the blue bulbs look brighter, but the one of the output on the garage door make the stockers look brighter.

I'm still partial to the non-tinted Osram Silverstars. Performance over aesthetics IMO. These bulbs do look good, but I'll be willing to bet that Osrams are brighter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 12:47 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
From the picture on the garage door, it may look like the stock bulbs are brighter. But when actually driving down a really dark street the luminics light up the road further than the stock ones. I know thats really not the defintion of brightness, but from actually using them i think the whiteness that it outputs on the everthing makes up for the small, if any, brightness difference. Personally, I think they are brighter, and for 21 a pair, you can't go wrong especially when youre still in high school(im poor).
post #53 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:29 PM

So.. These seem to be great bulbs, at a great price, but they are not brighter than stock. Are the osrams brighter than stock? How do they compare in terms of longevity? By the way, when I say brighter, I am looking at the picture and it looks as if the stock light is putting more light onto the garage door than the luminics. I know that HID is the best, but I do not want to pay the $400 for the projector conversion parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:42 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Quote:
Originally posted by leftyrev@Mar 18 2005, 04:37 PM
your wrong , the wattage is draw of current that the bulb needs to produe light .* usually more draw means more heat produces from the bulb , it has nothing to do with made in china bulbs they plainly tell you the draw of the bulb is 100 watts .* illuminics bulbs are 55W with a light output that looks like 100watts .
i usually dont beleive the " looks like " wattage , in my opinion if its 55 watts its just 55 watts
[snapback]379620[/snapback]
well.... for 1, made in china bulbs's base is probably not a good insulator for heat, WHICH makes it more chance for the wiring to melt. BUT of course, i m not trying to say that because it's made in china, it WILL do that... i was only saying that because made in china bulbs are cheap, and that's just a "metaphor"

by the way, i tried to order this bulb on their website, and couldnt process the order because they dont have the option to choose Canada in the billing/shipping page. I tried to email them twice, but no replies now... probably it's weekend or something...

So is there any unsatisfied customer?? please tell us now...

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #55 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 04:26 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to leftyrev
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGnu+Mar 20 2005, 12:10 PM-->
Quote:
It may just be my computer screen, but the stock lights look brighter in the picture on page 3. The luminics are definitely whiter.
[snapback]380543[/snapback]
[/b]
your gonna get this because they are a 55 watt bulb that has a blue coating on it , its always the case unless you get those 100 watt bulbs and they will produce a brighter lite but will burn out your wiring harnes ,

<!--QuoteBegin-t_mo_t
@Mar 20 2005, 04:42 PM
well.... for 1, made in china bulbs&#39;s base is probably not a good insulator for heat, WHICH makes it more chance for the wiring to melt. BUT of course, i m not trying to say that because it&#39;s made in china, it WILL do that... i was only saying that because made in china bulbs are cheap, and that&#39;s just a "metaphor"*
[snapback]380640[/snapback]

well actually the base of the bulbs are all practicly the same nomatter where you get them ,i doubt that you will ever see the base of the bulb melt , what usually burns out is the stock harness wich is the lighter plastic that melts . around the metal contacts to the bulb because those 100 watt bulbs are drawing double the wattage than the stock harness was ment for . on my old car i had 100watt 9007 bulbs i had to buy the heavy duty harness for it to work as i burned the stock harness . we really cant do much about it on our cars unless you want to rewire the headlight with heavier gauge wire and connecters , i have seen people add relays to the headlight bulbs just like we do with HID&#39;s

2004 Steel grey MAZDA 6 hatchback , owned since 12\19\04
post #56 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 04:55 PM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGnu@Mar 20 2005, 03:29 PM
So.. These seem to be great bulbs, at a great price, but they are not brighter than stock. Are the osrams brighter than stock? How do they compare in terms of longevity? By the way, when I say brighter, I am looking at the picture and it looks as if the stock light is putting more light onto the garage door than the luminics. I know that HID is the best, but I do not want to pay the $400 for the projector conversion parts.
[snapback]380631[/snapback]
Osrams are indeed brighter than stock. Make sure they&#39;re Osram Silverstars and not Sylvania. They are clear bulbs as opposed to the blue tinted Sylvanias. I&#39;ve had mine since I got the car in July, so that&#39;s 8 months, no issues. I like them so much I snagged another pair for my lower fogs, and WOW what a difference. The package says something about 50% brighter than standard halogen based on some independent testing or some shit, I don&#39;t know. Here&#39;s a link for some:

OSRAMS

I&#39;m not trying to hate on these bulbs, they do look good, but I know from experience that Osrams are brighter than stock, so I bet they&#39;re brighter than these too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #57 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 07:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eatsomerice
Quote:
Originally posted by t_mo_t@Mar 20 2005, 08:42 PM
well.... for 1, made in china bulbs&#39;s base is probably not a good insulator for heat, WHICH makes it more chance for the wiring to melt. BUT of course, i m not trying to say that because it&#39;s made in china, it WILL do that... i was only saying that because made in china bulbs are cheap, and that&#39;s just a "metaphor"*

by the way, i tried to order this bulb on their website, and couldnt process the order because they dont have the option to choose Canada in the billing/shipping page. I tried to email them twice, but no replies now... probably it&#39;s weekend or something...

So is there any unsatisfied customer?? please tell us now...
[snapback]380640[/snapback]

well it is the weekend and even if you did order it it would not go out until monday. i just called him for you and he said he would check the emails tonight. silverstars are good bulbs and so are these. i work at autozone and most of the packages say brighter that oem bulbs. silverstars are known to only last ABOUT a year or so. its all based on what you like. and about them being made in china, most of the bulbs you see on todays shelfs are made in china and who knows where else. if you guys have any more questions i will try my best to answer them. btw im not the supplier of the bulbs im just friends with him.

05 Mazda RX8
post #58 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 09:51 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Quote:
Originally posted by Eatsomerice@Mar 21 2005, 12:40 AM
well it is the weekend and even if you did order it it would not go out until monday. i just called him for you and he said he would check the emails tonight. silverstars are good bulbs and so are these. i work at autozone and most of the packages say brighter that oem bulbs. silverstars are known to only last ABOUT a year or so. its all based on what you like. and about them being made in china, most of the bulbs you see on todays shelfs are made in china and who knows where else. if you guys have any more questions i will try my best to answer them. btw im not the supplier of the bulbs im just friends with him.
[snapback]380732[/snapback]
Thanks man.... by the way, could you check their website and try the billing/shipping page to see whether the page has bug or my computer is acting weird....

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #59 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 10:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eatsomerice
Quote:
Originally posted by t_mo_t@Mar 21 2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks man.... by the way, could you check their website and try the billing/shipping page to see whether the page has bug or my computer is acting weird....
[snapback]380811[/snapback]
no problem. its the website thats weird its not setup up to take orders from customers outside the US. BUt since you emailed him he will email you back on instructions on how to place the order.

05 Mazda RX8
post #60 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
Sounds like everything&#39;s going well thus far. Glad you guys are happy with the bulbs !

That side by side comparison .... DAYUM ! Man, the stockers are yellow as hell ! And at night, you guys have no idea, these things are bright, so drop the idea that they&#39;re not bright !

I&#39;ll get a short vid of me entering my edition tomorrow, there&#39;s this one straight road before I pull onto my road, and I hit my high beams today ....... dayum I could see all the way to the very last stop sign !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page