HELP installing lower fog - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Hey guys, i've bought an OEM fog light here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7954964373

And it included everything, from switch to wire harness, but the problem is that it doesnt fit my bumper.....

I dont have the sport version, so the fog light is for my bumper alright. It has the same shape and everything, but it wont fit !!! when i tried to compare it with the black housing, it is a little bit bigger.....

Are the mazda6 for US is different than Canada's?

And any suggestion where to find a feed for REMOTE WIRE? <- like for amps.

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 03:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Those are NOT OEM foglights.

I don&#39;t know how they keep getting away with selling these things. You&#39;re probably the third person here to report they bought these and they didn&#39;t fit. Even on the non-sport, which is what these are designed for, everyone says they don&#39;t fit. I don&#39;t know if they&#39;ll fit any bumper. If I were you I&#39;d try to get a refund, suck it up and get the factory setup from Trussville or Mazdastuff.com. It&#39;s quite a bit more money, but it fits great. The install can be tricky at times, but I did a writeup that will help you. You just can&#39;t go wrong with factory parts. Also, Goofy did a writeup too for another type of foglight available on Ebay that does fit, but not quite as well as the factory, but they&#39;re much cheaper.

Remote wire? Either cig lighter&#39;s positive wire should do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Ok i m going to call the seller...

anyway, can you show me how the &#39;real&#39; OEM foglight looks like? cz in the trussville mazda, all i see is the lights. And does it include a switch like the one on ebay???

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 11:26 AM

Sure, here ya go:

The switch is a replacement turn signal stalk with the switch on it. Here&#39;s my walkthru:

Foglight Walkthru

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Wow... thanks.. i&#39;ve just looked at the walk thru.. nice... but i dont want to change my signal stalk though, cz i m in canada, and i have the integrated fog. And to tell you the truth, the kit from eBay sure has a very good quality....

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 11:48 AM

Oh okay, I forgot about that. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Learners License

Hi t mo t

Does the switch with that kit from ebay look oem from Mazda ?

If so, can you give me the part # ?

I will order later this year a factory kit from Mazdastuff.com but I also have the integrated fog light and I want to use a second switch for the bottom fog light.
I want a switch that will look oem.

Thanks for your help.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ianb@Mar 3 2005, 07:18 PM
Hi t mo t

Does the switch with that kit from ebay look oem from Mazda ?

If so, can you give me the part # ?

I will order later this year a factory kit from Mazdastuff.com but I also have the integrated fog light and I want to use a second switch for the bottom fog light.
I want a switch that will look oem.

Thanks for your help.
[snapback]372316[/snapback]
Ehmm, i got it from ebay and i dont know the part number... the switch is OEM alright.. it fits the middle switch location near our steering wheel. And by the way, the seller gave me 2 wire harness, 1 to the bulbs and battery, the other one to the switch as you can see from the pics.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by t_mo_t@Mar 3 2005, 09:08 PM
Ehmm,* i got it from ebay and i dont know the part number... the switch is OEM alright.. it fits the middle switch location near our steering wheel. And by the way, the seller gave me 2 wire harness, 1 to the bulbs and battery, the other one to the switch as you can see from the pics.
[snapback]372519[/snapback]
I had the same foglights from the same peoples,I still waiting for a refund from them.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 09:59 PM

don&#39;t buy from those jackasses. Geesh. Stick to REAL OEM stuff.

Buy from TRUSTED websites and sellers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page