LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Personally....... I'm all for them.....

I understand that some would like the option of only turning them on when required (2 lanes, tunnels, foggy/snow storm days, dawn/dusk, etc...).

But I see way too many pre 1997 vehicle owners driving around at dusk/dawn, in snow storms, on foggy days or even in the middle of the freaken night without any lights on (In town that is). It's just human nature; people tend to think about themselves first and foremost and others as distant second... In other words, unless their own vision is impaired, for most people, the thought of turning on their lights for others won't even cross their busy little minds...

Besides I've even seen some people (Again, in pre 1997 vehicles) trying to look cool by driving around in town at night with nothing on but their parking lights. I guess they figure that since they can see fine with the street lights and all, why should they use their head lights.... Again, human nature kicking in (Thinking of oneself only)...

For those of you insisting on turning them off, a budy of mine had a "Chrysler Sebring" with the tinted head light covers. Leaving the dtl on in that situation was damaging his head lights (Creating too much heat), so what he would do is simply pull on the e-break just one notch.... Not enough to engage it but just enough to shut off the dtl.... That seemed to work for him without causing any visible damage to his breaks...... Of course at night he would simply remove the covers....

Not ranting, just my opinion....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page