LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
i realize that i cant use the h1 bulbs in my fogs.....i plan on buyin the replacement h3's in order to do so.....that colour mod sounds neat....gotta read more posts about it tho, but ill lett you know if im intrested Tim..........

Mazda6s, ya that wider beam is what im goin for......pointless??? ya maybe... but its better than just havin the hid's sit in the closet....
[/b]

wider does help though so u know what goes on on the far left and right. Are you gonna retro fit osme Bosche projecotrs in palce of the fogs?

Mazda 6s GT MTX | Steel Grey Metallic
Magnaflow Exhaust | ECE HID Retrofit | Eibach Sportlines | RX8 18's
Pioneer | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:08 AM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Quote:
fogs only illuminate about 2 feet in front of the car and spreads the beam wider. HID fogs are useless unless you replace the fogs with a driving beam projector.
[/b]
well true indeed, they are quite useless in a way of spending money for H3 hid kit... they look nice, but aint worth the money where you can sell both of your HID kit and retrofit your low beam....

Quote:
i realize that i cant use the h1 bulbs in my fogs.....i plan on buyin the replacement h3's in order to do so.....that colour mod sounds neat....gotta read more posts about it tho, but ill lett you know if im intrested Tim..........

Mazda6s, ya that wider beam is what im goin for......pointless??? ya maybe... but its better than just havin the hid's sit in the closet....
[/b]
ok, confirmation, you just have to bend the shield for the bosch fog.... and i m going to do that this summer.. and i m going to try swapping my bosch low beam's lens to our stock lens... they are the same diameter, and i like how their cutoff is sharper than my bosch.... i confirmed this with my friend's 6.... i'll take a picture of both beams when i've finished....

Quote:
wider does help though so u know what goes on on the far left and right. Are you gonna retro fit osme Bosche projecotrs in palce of the fogs?
[/b]
lol mazda6s, u drunk or just typed too fast??? our stock halogen is DOT (which produces wider output than ECE), so i guess it really doesnt matter a lot especially after you put HID kit in it....

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:22 AM

there are some Boshce mini projecotrs that might fit the fog location

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
all this seems like alot of work, so are you sayin i can bend the stock FOG projector and get the sharp Cutoff, or will i have to replace the projector with a boshce one and then do the modding?.......for now i thinki imjust goin to go with installing both hid's.....I mean if it gets to bright and ppl start high-beamin me i can always turn the fogs off....

come summer time......ill do this mod with u.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 02:33 PM

Quote:
there are some Boshce mini projecotrs that might fit the fog location
[/b]
Quote:
all this seems like alot of work, so are you sayin i can bend the stock FOG projector and get the sharp Cutoff, or will i have to replace the projector with a boshce one and then do the modding?.......for now i thinki imjust goin to go with installing both hid's.....I mean if it gets to bright and ppl start high-beamin me i can always turn the fogs off....

come summer time......ill do this mod with u.
[/b]
our stock integrated fog IS the bosch mini prj.... if you are going to install DDE, you have to bake open your headlight anyway... and if u r interested, then you could bend the shield while you have ur headlight apart...

back to the topic, you cant install the H1 into the foglight.... u need to get H3....

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 03:42 PM

Quote:
our stock integrated fog IS the bosch mini prj....
[/b]

I knew that

so its pretty much this one? :

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 03:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to CLTatenza
I've got HID only in my foglights. while they dont light up the road like they did when i had them in my low beams, they still do a much better job than my stock fogs ever did. Plus I have a much cleaner cutoff, and much less rattling, and I can also turn them on and off independently of the headlights so I can pass inspections now!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 02:10 AM

Quote:
I knew that
so its pretty much this one? :

[/b]
Yep, that's the one.....

Quote:
I've got HID only in my foglights. while they dont light up the road like they did when i had them in my low beams, they still do a much better job than my stock fogs ever did. Plus I have a much cleaner cutoff, and much less rattling, and I can also turn them on and off independently of the headlights so I can pass inspections now!
[/b]
Hmm i c.... so the bulb didnt touch the shield at all? which kit r u using?

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 04:47 AM

Since I gave up in the search for lights that will match my Low beam HIDs, I decided to get my fogs also to be HIDs. I was planning to do it this weekend, but weather and wife did not let this happened. So most probably I'll try to see if later on today I can do it. If I do, I'll post pics for you guys to see.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 11:26 AM

ya i have both, Low n Fog HIDs...and noone has ever complained, been pulled over few times by cops, noone complains at all...

and ther is a big difference when drivin with just the low's on...when u put the fogs on...u can see the sides much much better, not much in front, but the sides are illuminated a lot...it really helps out on twisties n hilly roads...i especially love it when i drive down the 476 in PA...its so nice to see so far offf into the distance n into the forest on the right side of the road...

i would not go back to jsut regular halogen...it was defintely worth it for me....i enjoy drivin at nite...and i dont get tired at all...

Oil Leaks!!! Non-Sense!!! That is just sweat from all the horsepower!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page