Mazda6 foglights purchased on EBAY help? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ProjectM6
Quote:
Originally posted by MZBuckeye@Jan 22 2005, 08:10 AM
Yeah man that part is a real bitch.* Everything else is alright, but that part, damn I thought I was gonna lose my mind.* I stuck a tiny allen wrench in the BACK of the harness, i.e. the same direction that the wire goes in, I stuck the wrench in that side, and pushed it up against the top of the harness.* If you get it just right, there's a little spring that's holding in in place and you can get the spring to pop loose by doing this.* It took me like two hours of struggling to make this happen though.* What a pain in the ass, seems like everyone is having the same trouble on that step.* Did you see those links to some snap-on tools that someone posted in my writeup?* Those "terminal removal sets" may help, but when I was doing mine I didn't know what a "terminal removal tool" was like it asks for in the directions.
[snapback]351935[/snapback]
Alright thanks alot everybody who responded to my post. I finally got my factory foglights to work. I hope lievonspeed allows me to return my foglights back to him because he pretty much ripped me off and sold my a useless item.
Thanks,
ProjectM6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:13 PM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
How did you end up getting that wire out? Did you use the allen wrench trick?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kevin6s
If I remember correctly, an easier way for the installation is to forget about that wire and just run a wire from say the side marker to the fog light. This will also allow you to have your fogs on without having the headlights on. I forget what wire you have to tape it from the fog light though. It took me weeks to figure out the fog light when I set it up. Also, I don't recommend sticking anything in the terminal as I tried the same thing everyone recommended and ended up ripping the wire off the terminal. I'm afraid to go back under the dash to clean everything up since it all works. Maybe when it gets warmer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to ProjectM6
Quote:
Originally posted by MZBuckeye@Jan 23 2005, 09:13 PM
How did you end up getting that wire out?* Did you use the allen wrench trick?
[snapback]352652[/snapback]
While removing the green-yellow wire....i ended up ripping the wire from the terminal....so i was pretty much shit out of luck because the terminal clip was still inside of the instrument panel...i ended up breaking open and widening the hole until the terminal clip pretty much just fell out. I then soldered extra wire to the green-yellow wire then soldeered it to the terminal clip...after that i just stuck in back in the instrument panel right above and it finally worked. This job was definitely a bitch only because of thiis part, plus i wanted a garantee connection so i used solder. Only if the kit came with a "TERMINAL REMOVAL TOOL"

oh well....im just happy it came out well.

regards,
ProjectM6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page