Link for Brake Light Mod - Sedan Style - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 01:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Axion@Jan 23 2005, 06:17 PM
Well alrighty then, after a few hours of headaches and kicking myself for being an idiot, i got it done and it looks pimp ill post some pics later tonight, camera battery needs a charge.

first mazda, thanks for those pics btw.. i went ahead and tapped into the spoiler light connecter behind the left inner light, took about 3 min's once i got down to it
[snapback]352504[/snapback]
Hi there guys , i am really into doing this , but need some guidance here!
i got the japanese M6 version , and the only thing that lights up , are the outermost lights , which are 2 filaments like ur version right? turn on with the lights , then brighter when brake is applied! then , the inner ones , i have nothing in there?! the lamp is sealed!!! there are no bulbs , no connections , it is blind!!
but in ur version , there are bulbs right??? that turn on just with the lights ,but they are 2 filaments , so the mod is basicly , getting the other filament to light with the brakes!???? am i correct??
if so , how could i do mine? i know , i gotta drill the rear light , and get some sockets and bulbs! where could i get those online???
thnx !!

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Optima][B]
JDM Mazda 6i Black Mica 2005

Santo Domingo , Dominican Republic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
yeah you pretty much nailed that, your exactly right about our light setups..

as far as yours, im not sure how you could go about getting bulbs, wiring setup and whatnot, i would think you could just tap into the 2 wires that are going to your outer brake lights, and just extend each side up to the inner, then both lights would have the same effect. I think you can get some tail light matrix led bulbs from that autolumination website, theres a list somewhere here that shows the bulb #'s and such

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Axion@Jan 24 2005, 02:57 AM
yeah you pretty much nailed that, your exactly right about our light setups..

as far as yours, im not sure how you could go about getting bulbs, wiring setup and whatnot, i would think you could just tap into the 2 wires that are going to your outer brake lights, and just extend each side up to the inner, then both lights would have the same effect. I think you can get some tail light matrix led bulbs from that autolumination website, theres a list somewhere here that shows the bulb #'s and such
[snapback]352698[/snapback]
thnx for the real fast reply man! then again , what i was thinking , how the hell will i get those wires around , i mean , the outer ones , are on the sides , but the inner ones , are on the trunk gate , so , i have to tap the wires to the outer ones , get them to goo up into the trunk lid , then back down again to the lights?!
urs is not that hard right , cuz u already have a wire going there to turn that bulbs on when the lights are on!
then , where can i get the sockets??? , that;s the biggest issue , cuz then, cables and bulbs , can get them anywhere!!!
thnx again Axion

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Optima][B]
JDM Mazda 6i Black Mica 2005

Santo Domingo , Dominican Republic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Hmm i don't know if you guys have any junk yards there, thats the first place i would check, from a wrecked 6, me and some friends did this for sockets for his eclipse once

then, theres a link at the top of this thread that shows how to run the wire down and fish it through the gasket area..

you could run one set of wires up that way to the lid, then across under the trunk lid to the other side?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 12:30 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Ahh, I love free mods! This should make for a fun weekend project (providing it's not cold as hell outside this weekend).

I can't believe I've never noticed this before.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MZBuckeye@Jan 26 2005, 01:30 AM
This should make for a fun weekend project
Don't free up too much of your schedule! Took me about 10 minutes.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

lol yeah, doesn't take but a few minutes once u figure out what ya need to do..

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 08:33 PM

I finally got up and did it. It took me half an hour because I did it alone. I set my tool box over the brake and used the power seat to apply pressure during my tests. I was kicking myself in the butt too because I tapped into the solid white wire instead of the black and white striped wire under the spoiler. It took me a while to unfasten the wire tap and relocate it. I was happy as hell when it finally worked !

One question: Has anyone's wire work its way out of the light? I'm sure it would look silly if one of your inner brake lights didn't work and people will laugh and you won't know why until you tested it out yourself. I taped up the slack so that it wouldn't move but I am concerned about the vibration when closing the trunk lid. Will it eventually work its way out or am I just trippin? I need inflammation!!!

I'm so roundhouse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page