So more on the lights thing - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Well, that's the thing about the Osrams. Since they are not tinted at all, they do not appear blue at all. In fact, they are somewhat whiter than stock, but not much. During the day, when I changed just one, I could barely tell the difference between the Osrams and stock. However, at nighttime, the lights are much brighter, and visibilty is greatly improved. Not to the point of HIDs, but definitely an improvement, especially for the $30 pricetag. Same is true for my lower fogs. When I first installed them with their stock bulbs, the lighting improvement was marginal at best, but when I replaced the bulbs with the Osrams, the difference was remarkable. Anyone driving with lower fogs should put Osram Silverstars in them; the'll be shocked by the difference.

I'm more of a "performance" over "looks" person when it comes to auto lighting, and that's why I've gone with the Osram Silverstars. Ebay is the best place to purchase them, however sometimes you have to wait for them to show up again. I wouldn't consider any other bulb aside from HID's, because I'm pretty sure the performance won't be equal. The PIAA's are supposed to be pretty good too, but I won't spend $70 on halogen bulbs.

If I ever get rid of the Osram Silverstars, it'll only be for a full e46 HID projector retrofit with 4100k D2S bulbs. I've been thinking this over now for quite some time, but I can't decide if it's worth the money ($400 - 450, plus baking the headlights, ACK!!!). For now, the Osram Silverstars are good enough for me, and at $30 a pair, they're a pretty damn good value too. Mine have been going strong now since July. I'll have to snap a picture of the lowbeams and lower fogs for you tonight when it gets dark. 4000k? No clue, but they are bright as hell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MZBuckeye@Feb 11 2005, 07:21 PM
Well, that's the thing about the Osrams.* Since they are not tinted at all, they do not appear blue at all.* In fact, they are somewhat whiter than stock, but not much.* During the day, when I changed just one, I could barely tell the difference between the Osrams and stock. However, at nighttime, the lights are much brighter, and visibilty is greatly improved.* Not to the point of HIDs, but definitely an improvement, especially for the $30 pricetag.* Same is true for my lower fogs.* When I first installed them with their stock bulbs, the lighting improvement was marginal at best, but when I replaced the bulbs with the Osrams, the difference was remarkable.* Anyone driving with lower fogs should put Osram Silverstars in them; the'll be shocked by the difference.

I'm more of a "performance" over "looks" person when it comes to auto lighting, and that's why I've gone with the Osram Silverstars.* Ebay is the best place to purchase them, however sometimes you have to wait for them to show up again.* I wouldn't consider any other bulb aside from HID's, because I'm pretty sure the performance won't be equal.* The PIAA's are supposed to be pretty good too, but I won't spend $70 on halogen bulbs.

If I ever get rid of the Osram Silverstars, it'll only be for a full e46 HID projector retrofit with 4100k D2S bulbs.* I've been thinking this over now for quite some time, but I can't decide if it's worth the money ($400 - 450, plus baking the headlights, ACK!!!).* For now, the Osram Silverstars are good enough for me, and at $30 a pair, they're a pretty damn good value too.* Mine have been going strong now since July.* I'll have to snap a picture of the lowbeams and lower fogs for you tonight when it gets dark.* 4000k?* No clue, but they are bright as hell.
[snapback]362584[/snapback]
cool man thanks....i think i might take my chances....is that them in your advatar?
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 04:17 PM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Yes, the lowbeams are. That picture was right after I installed the lower fogs and those are the stock bulbs. I don't have any pics with the lower Osrams yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page