Aftermarket Fog Light Install - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Retired Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Nealio Send a message via MSN to Nealio Send a message via Yahoo to Nealio
I want to install a set of aftermarket fog lights in the Kenstyle bumper I ordered. I am looking for the wiring harness or just the switch that controls the fog lights. The switch like the TCS switch that is found on the eBay kits. I have searched around for a while now with no luck. Does anyone know where I could find some? Keep in mind, I am going for a factory look for the interior.

This is the switch i'm talking about.

Also, they are 3 in 1 Lights. They have the fog light, a blue halo (which i plan on modding to amber and using as a turn signal), and a strobe which I want to either wire up to another switch next to the fog lights, or wire to a contact switch under the brake pedal, so that if anyone cuts me off, the conveniently get strobed (sort of like the horn mod seen on mustangs a while back).

So i'll need a 2 switches, the relays, and wires. The kit has the wire and AutoZone has relays. So basically its down the 2 Switches. Could the Mazda fog stalk work to control both lights?

2005 Volcanic Red Mazda6S MTX Hatch
OBX - AWR - Mazdaspeed Acc. - Injen - CP-E - Greddy - ProSport - Corksport - Medieval Motorsports - Apexcone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 10:35 AM

walmart has the APC fog harness
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Nealio Send a message via MSN to Nealio Send a message via Yahoo to Nealio
Quote:
Originally posted by 99YammieR1@Nov 30 2004, 10:35 AM
walmart has the APC fog harness
[snapback]329648[/snapback]

Well, i figured i could use the one that came with the fog lights. I am really looking for a factory looking switch(s) that can independantly control 2 different lights.

2005 Volcanic Red Mazda6S MTX Hatch
OBX - AWR - Mazdaspeed Acc. - Injen - CP-E - Greddy - ProSport - Corksport - Medieval Motorsports - Apexcone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 07:10 PM

I recall seeing someone using a switch like the ones above next to the TCS button. Just remove the fake plastic switch piece, drill a hole, and put the switch from behind. I plan on doing something like this for the set of aftermarket Mazda6 non-sports lower fog lights I got today from eBay.

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7932930956)

2007 Infiniti G35S 6MT Sedan
(SOLD!!! 2003 Lapis Blue 6s MTX non-sports, 15/30 tint, blackened chromed moustache, gray leather, xenon/UV 194s, front/rear silver signals, tail light mod, blue-lit door sills, XenonDepot 4100K HIDs, blinking side markers, OEM-like lower yellow fogs, MagnaFlow Catback, hydraulic hood lifts, cargo net, CEL Injen CAI sold, K&N air/oil filters, Mobil1 Syn, Redline, factory MP3, US Acoustics amp, CDT comps, Infinity Reference 2-ways & Basslink sub, iPaq H4155 Bluetooth GPS, CLEAR SIDE MARKER LENSES with 5-matrix LEDs!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page