4,100K Polarion HID install - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will be installing a 4,100K Polarion kit (for off-raod use, of course) in my 6i in about 2 weeks. I am just checking to see if there is any interest in me posting an extremely detailed tutorial on how to do so since I see a lot of people asking for installers and I don't think it will be that difficult. I am a total newbie when it comes to this sort of thing so my instructions would be for newbies too.

The kit I chose was from http://www.xenonfactory.com/products/hid/philips.htm A little more expensive than XenonDepot, but with a much better warranty (3 years on everything, including the bulbs!).

Anyway, let me know if there is any interest. Of course, remember that this would not be intended to help you break any laws, but rather to use offroad or in the showroom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Zoom Zoom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 09:56 PM

[post deleted]

nevermind.. found my answer searching...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Retired Moderator

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm not gonna install HID on my car. However, it's always nice to make tutorials for other people to see.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 01:18 AM

a installation tutorial would be a great donation to this site, PLus, I'm currently in the market for HIDs. Its either this exact pair or the HID's that come complete with the housing... i forget which thread its in, however it's production is not fully underway.

I say yes on the installation.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Cool. Now I just need to buy (a new) digital camera. Anyone have any suggestions for that? ;-)

Zoom Zoom
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 02:31 PM

go to best buy today. they have a 3.2 Megapix Sony for $99 after rebate.

Reg Price $179.99 - $30 Instant Saving = $149.99 - $50 MIR = $99.99

Cyber-Shot 3.2 MegaPix with 3X Optical/3.2X Digital Zoom

its 3 megapixel, but its a steal for $99.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 02:32 PM

oh yeah... the offer ends on Wednesday Nov. 24th.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 12:03 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
I also would enjoy the writeup. I have a 6i, thinking about getting into the whole HID thing. Writeups are great.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoosteen@Nov 21 2004, 07:31 PM
go to best buy today.* they have a 3.2 Megapix Sony for $99 after rebate.

Reg Price $179.99 - $30 Instant Saving = $149.99 - $50 MIR = $99.99

Cyber-Shot 3.2 MegaPix with 3X Optical/3.2X Digital Zoom

its 3 megapixel, but its a steal for $99.
[snapback]326879[/snapback]
I had a 3MP before and wanted a little better this time. I ended up getting the CyberShot P100 which is small and sleek and 5 MP. It hasn't gotten great reviews from the pros but the people who own it seem to love it and I'm not a real advanced photographer anyway

I am getting the HID kit as a present so I think that will be this weekend. If I do get it on Thursday or Friday I will probably install it same day and post the tutorial sometime over the weekend. Like I said, I am a total newbie to any kind of serious modification (I can replace most of the bulbs on my car, that's it) so this will be really simple, as in detailed instructions on how to open the hood, how to remove the bumper, how to remove the housings, where to mount the ballasts, how to handle the bulbs, how to drill a hole in the rear cover, etc. as well as what is included in the kit and what (if anything) isn't. Hopefully it will be a useful addition to the site and should include lots and lots of pictures.

Zoom Zoom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page