Decision between PIAA & Sylvania - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to UCLeadGuitar
The ones I saw that I liked are the PIAA Spark Plasma Blue...they are sweet but arent available here. I can get them off ebay but I dont know if that is really a smart thing to do...especially when they blow...I'll be pissed! Talked to the local tuner and he said he has some really nice bulbs...I'm going to check them out tomorrow! Hopefully I'll find something comparable to them.

2005 Winning Blue RX-8 - 6 spd - Grand Touring - Rear Wing Spoiler - MazdaSpeed Dual Sport Exhaust - SR Motorsports High Flow Cat - AEM Cold Air Intake - Agency Power Underdrive Crank Pulley - ACT ProLite Flywheel - ACT Street/Strip Clutch - Axial Flow Short Shifter - TEIN Flex Coilovers with Tein EDFC - Racing Beat Front/Rear Sways - Work Emotion Bronze XD9 18x8(Front) 18x9(Rear) wrapped in Falken FK-452s - JDM Clear Corners - Blue LED Map/Rear Dome Lights & Courtesy Lights! Hyper-White Side Markers & Parking Lights - Blue LED Lighted Foot Wells - 35% Tint

You Will Be Missed (Traded In):

Mazda 6i - 5 Door - Blazing Copper
Luxury Pkg, Sports Pkg, Moonroof, BOSE Audio, Black Leather!
CP-E MAF/CI - OH MY GOD IT RULES! STILL RULES!
Umnitza DDE Halos, Prolumens 6000K HID, PIAA Xtreme 1157 Turn Signals. PIAA XTreme Cool Blue White High Beam Bulbs.
Rear/Back Windows - 20 Tint & 35 on Fronts. Red LED Map/Rear Dome Lights. Hyper-White Courtesy Lights! Anzo Clear Side Markers. Hawk Performance Brake Pads. MazdaSpeed Lowering Springs for a 1.25" Drop. Calipers Painted Black with Silver Mazda Caliper Stickers. 17" Kosei K1-TS Light Gray Wheels Wrapped in Fuzion Zri! Metra Kit with Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD (Ohhhhh the movies while in the car). PAC-X for Steering Wheel Controls to the new HU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 02:51 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
I reccomend the Osram Silverstars, I got some off eBay for 25 bucks for the pair I believe. They're good, no blue, but very bright.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 08:33 AM

PIAA Extreme Whites are nice... had a set on my other car since 2001... still going strong... give a white light with very very slight hint of blue

PIAA Plasma Whites give off a slight purplish color... they aren't as bright as the extreme whites... i got them on my bike since 1999... still going strong

PIAA is a quality bulb... i like them... of course they aren't as nice as the xenon depot HIDs i got on the mazda6... had those for over a year... still going strong... very very bright...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Learners License

Send a message via AIM to TheSleeper6s
silverstars are junk. i've been dealing with them for the past 6 months. bulbs only last a couple of months. when you're spending $20/bulb that just not reasonable. I loved the light they produced though.
Gonna pick up some PIAA soon, can't stand driving with yellow light now
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 11:39 AM

Send a message via MSN to DRAGONS6 Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGONS6
Go for the PIAA's. Silverstars do suck. Mine only lasted 1 month

64 mods (so far) Too much money spent
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6 of the month on eastcoast6.com March 2005 NH01

(better pics)
and check out myspace

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Retired Moderator

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Just to add to the discussion, my PIAA is still going strong after 1+ year.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

I picked up Fanteks Texon Blue White 8000K. 6 Month warranty from the car place I purchased from on the bulbs and he says they are really popular recently. Starting to think I made a mistake not getting hte PIAA's I wanted imported from japan after the website isn't working that is on the box. Then I see a little note saying H1 100W and I call him and am like you said these were for the H1 55W...hes like thats the peak. Anyone think these will burn out some wires? Should I go throw them through his window?!?! Thanks

2005 Winning Blue RX-8 - 6 spd - Grand Touring - Rear Wing Spoiler - MazdaSpeed Dual Sport Exhaust - SR Motorsports High Flow Cat - AEM Cold Air Intake - Agency Power Underdrive Crank Pulley - ACT ProLite Flywheel - ACT Street/Strip Clutch - Axial Flow Short Shifter - TEIN Flex Coilovers with Tein EDFC - Racing Beat Front/Rear Sways - Work Emotion Bronze XD9 18x8(Front) 18x9(Rear) wrapped in Falken FK-452s - JDM Clear Corners - Blue LED Map/Rear Dome Lights & Courtesy Lights! Hyper-White Side Markers & Parking Lights - Blue LED Lighted Foot Wells - 35% Tint

Umnitza DDE Halos, Prolumens 6000K HID, PIAA Xtreme 1157 Turn Signals. PIAA XTreme Cool Blue White High Beam Bulbs.
Rear/Back Windows - 20 Tint & 35 on Fronts. Red LED Map/Rear Dome Lights. Hyper-White Courtesy Lights! Anzo Clear Side Markers. Hawk Performance Brake Pads. MazdaSpeed Lowering Springs for a 1.25" Drop. Calipers Painted Black with Silver Mazda Caliper Stickers. 17" Kosei K1-TS Light Gray Wheels Wrapped in Fuzion Zri! Metra Kit with Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD (Ohhhhh the movies while in the car). PAC-X for Steering Wheel Controls to the new HU.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 04:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to DRAGONS6 Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGONS6
I wouldn't put them in at 100w. I'd try and take them back and find some at 55w. What you saved isn't worth the thousands it will cost for a new wiring harness.

64 mods (so far) Too much money spent

6 of the month on eastcoast6.com March 2005 NH01

(better pics)
and check out myspace

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Well I brought them back and got PIAA Extreme Whites. Putting them in tomorrow :-)

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Learners License

I have the silverstar, it looks whiter and nicer than stock, but it sucks for driving. even my gf's mom said i needed some brighter lights. i think they are a waste of money. i'm saving for true HID and then i'll use the silverstar for fog lamp. I recommend the blue silverstar turn signal bulb though, looks way better than the oem amber.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page