eBay Non-Sport Lower Fogs - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay guys, I found another seller on eBay. This looks even better than the other fogs previously mentioned. I contacted one winning bidder to ask if the brackets fit into our non-sports bumpers well and without modification. I'll update you if I hear from that person.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33709

2007 Infiniti G35S 6MT Sedan
(SOLD!!! 2003 Lapis Blue 6s MTX non-sports, 15/30 tint, blackened chromed moustache, gray leather, xenon/UV 194s, front/rear silver signals, tail light mod, blue-lit door sills, XenonDepot 4100K HIDs, blinking side markers, OEM-like lower yellow fogs, MagnaFlow Catback, hydraulic hood lifts, cargo net, CEL Injen CAI sold, K&N air/oil filters, Mobil1 Syn, Redline, factory MP3, US Acoustics amp, CDT comps, Infinity Reference 2-ways & Basslink sub, iPaq H4155 Bluetooth GPS, CLEAR SIDE MARKER LENSES with 5-matrix LEDs!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
I saw those too, they are the same ones for sale on mazda6stuff.com, and in the description it says they don't have any mounting clips or anything, but they're working on fab'ing clips for them. Plus I'm not crazy about the switch, looks very aftermarket. I may just have to pony up the $200 and get the OEM ones from mazdastuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 05:53 PM

The bidder wrote back, and said it did not fit at all, but then again, he says he has a 5-door, which means he has the sports bumper.

(SOLD!!! 2003 Lapis Blue 6s MTX non-sports, 15/30 tint, blackened chromed moustache, gray leather, xenon/UV 194s, front/rear silver signals, tail light mod, blue-lit door sills, XenonDepot 4100K HIDs, blinking side markers, OEM-like lower yellow fogs, MagnaFlow Catback, hydraulic hood lifts, cargo net, CEL Injen CAI sold, K&N air/oil filters, Mobil1 Syn, Redline, factory MP3, US Acoustics amp, CDT comps, Infinity Reference 2-ways & Basslink sub, iPaq H4155 Bluetooth GPS, CLEAR SIDE MARKER LENSES with 5-matrix LEDs!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 11:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Skibum
Speaking only as a user of the non-sport fogs, they do a decent job of adding side illumination over the low beams. However, the true test is using the fogs alone without the low beams operating. And this of course requires some slight electrical modifications which are outlined elsewhere in this forum. As a general rule, for fog lights, the lower, the better. If you have a non-sport car/front cover, I'd say go with the "OEM" Cibie's. That way a) you know what you're getting and b) if there are any problems with them you'll have the recourse of going back to the dealer.

Quote:
Originally posted by drew@Oct 30 2004, 08:13 PM
I suppose it depends on what kind of difference you're looking for.* I imagine most people who go for lower fogs get them because they like the way they look.* In that case, they make a big difference (I like them).

* As far as seeing on the road goes, they may help a bit, but the low-beams will project farther outward.* I've got the integrated fogs, and they do make the surroundings brighter, but only near the car...it won't help you see farther down the road.

Drew
[snapback]320430[/snapback]

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - MTX - Nonsport - OEM Roof rails - Squall Blue
foglight mod, side marker/blinker mod, euro tails - Upcoming: some engine stuff
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 02:29 AM

Good news! I contacted a different bidder for the same set of aftermarket (OEM-like) fogs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33716

Here's what the bidder had to say:

The answer to your question do they fit is YES, but the fitting is another story. The problems that i have had were the locking tabs are not the same and do require modification to be done (4 small screws in each fixed that problem and made them alot more secure in the bumper). As for the wiring harness , switch and relay i put them in the bin and made my own.But now that thay are fitted they do look good and sit well in the bumper. I hope that this helps you.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 07:34 PM

Another bidder also gave me positive feedback on the non-OEM fogs:

The lights fit at look great. You can check mine out on my Web page at http://www.cardomain.com/id/hitmakaz The key to installation, is to be SURE TO REMOVE the current fog light housing PROPERLY!!! If you do not, you can slightly throw of your fitmet for the fog light. But it's not difficult at all! The most difficult part of the install was trying to tap into the parking light wires! WOW! That took a lot of brainwork to do, but nevertheless, determination prevailed! The only thing I did not really like about these lights was the activation "SWITCH", which I have a picture of on my Web page. Its not the factory fit, but it's ok. Overall, I would recommend them. The seller was reliable, I had excellent communication with him throughout the transaction, and shipping was actually very fast to come from overseas! Good luck! If you get them and have any install questions, dont hesitate to contact me again. HAPPY HOLIDAYS, bus most of all HAPPY eBAYING!

Here are some pics from his cardomain page:

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GoofyG28@Nov 22 2004, 08:34 PM
Another bidder also gave me positive feedback on the non-OEM fogs:

The lights fit at look great. You can check mine out on my Web page at http://www.cardomain.com/id/hitmakaz The key to installation, is to be SURE TO REMOVE the current fog light housing PROPERLY!!! If you do not, you can slightly throw of your fitmet for the fog light. But it's not difficult at all! The most difficult part of the install was trying to tap into the parking light wires! WOW! That took a lot of brainwork to do, but nevertheless, determination prevailed! The only thing I did not really like about these lights was the activation "SWITCH", which I have a picture of on my Web page. Its not the factory fit, but it's ok. Overall, I would recommend them. The seller was reliable, I had excellent communication with him throughout the transaction, and shipping was actually very fast to come from overseas! Good luck! If you get them and have any install questions, dont hesitate to contact me again. HAPPY HOLIDAYS, bus most of all HAPPY eBAYING!

Here are some pics from his cardomain page:

[snapback]327320[/snapback]
If he had the OEM light, why the heck would he replace it with an aftermarket light?
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 08:22 PM

I think he only meant that instead of buying the OEM fog light kit, he got the aftermarket one from eBay... I think.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Hmmm, those do look pretty cool, and the price is right. 1/2 the price of the factory's. They come in Ion Yellow too, that'd probably look pretty sweet. I wonder if they'd be not as bright tho... I think I may give these a try. Plus I like the fact that you tap 'em into the parking lights so they'll come on without the lowbeams but hopefully will turn off with the parking lights. I had aftermarket fogs on my Dodge Ram that could be turned on even with the truck off, and I always left 'em on by accident.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 01:06 AM

Exactly! You're saving so much money because you're not paying for the new STALK that you get with the OEM kit. Like you said, I'd rather have the switch be SEPARATE from the parking lights.

I caved in and made the purchase tonight. I'll let everyone know how the install goes once I get it (maybe if I have time, I'll actually take step-by-step photos!). I got the yellow, because the winning bidder told me his Xenon Blue looked almost white. There's plenty of fog where I live, so yellow would be ideal. I also plan to make my own switch and locate it between the TCS and the dash lighting switch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page