Mazda6 Reverse Indiglo Gauges - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am new and have not searched for this thread but have searched the internet so don't flame me please.

Anyone know of any place that sells reverse indiglo gauges for the 6?

I found one place that can make them for 95 dollars but they are not taking orders till after the new year. I have searched hi and low on the net and no luck. Found plenty for the Mazdaspeed, 626 and so forth but nothing for the 6

Any help is appreciated.

//2003 Redfire Metallic Mazda 6S MTX//

Current Mods:
35% Tint
Front and Rear Hyper White Turn Signals

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 01:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to itbeanew1 Send a message via MSN to itbeanew1 Send a message via Yahoo to itbeanew1
Quote:
Originally posted by portscan@Oct 15 2004, 06:35 PM
I am new and have not searched for this thread but have searched the internet so don't flame me please.

Anyone know of any place that sells reverse indiglo gauges for the 6?

I found one place that can make them for 95 dollars but they are not taking orders till after the new year. I have searched hi and low on the net and no luck. Found plenty for the Mazdaspeed, 626 and so forth but nothing for the 6

Any help is appreciated.
[snapback]316062[/snapback]
i doubt you will find anyone who makes indiglo gauges for the 6 because the 6 already has optional electro lumenescent gauges from the factory (as an option)

Blazing Copper 04 6s MTX Sedan
Custom interior ambiant lighting, Airbox Mod (sometimes), Mazdaspeed6 tails, custom installed lower fogs (burnt out. need to get the kit)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by itbeanew1@Oct 15 2004, 12:57 PM
i doubt you will find anyone who makes indiglo gauges for the 6 because the 6 already has optional electro lumenescent gauges from the factory (as an option)
[snapback]316105[/snapback]

I bought mine used, well I traded in my 2003 Tiburon and got the 03 6. I got the 6S with all the goodies. I guess if I had of bought it from the factory I would of known about that option.

Well I guess I will wait till the new year and have that company make them for me. If you know anyone who wants them let me know and I will send the link and number to them.

Current Mods:
35% Tint

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
does uncle ben know about this?

nah i doubt anyone would make them for the 6 anyway.. old fad the riceboys went though couple years ago i thought?

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Axion@Oct 15 2004, 05:18 PM
does uncle ben know about this?

nah i doubt anyone would make them for the 6 anyway.. old fad the riceboys went though couple years ago i thought?
[snapback]316237[/snapback]

I guess it's a personal like. I had the res ones factory in my Tiburon and changed to the Blue reverse and it was much easier on the eyes and it looked better.

The 6 has the big gauges and they are red as well and I think it's too much red. I personally just prefer the blue color myself. Always been a fan of blue.

Current Mods:
35% Tint

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
blue's my favorite color, but not inside a car. i think red's the best because it doesn't hurt your night vision (and it's my second favorite color). it's just like being inside a plane's cockpit

'16 CX-9 Touring
'04 6s MTX
Mods: Yes.
8/8/17:
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ajgonzales@Oct 16 2004, 02:05 PM
it's just like being inside a plane's cockpit
[snapback]316470[/snapback]
Not exactly. In an airplane, red usually signifies a warning. Most indications in a cockpit are either white, green, amber, or red, depending on what they're meant to display.

Also, when military pilots use night vision goggles, red lights are by far the worst, because it's closest to the infra-red light the goggles are designed to detect. I know a helicopter pilot who says taillights look brighter than headlights under NVG.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 12:03 AM

my bad, i thought i had seen pictures of cockpits at night and they were lit up in red. oh well.

oh, and i wasn't talking about nvg's, i was talking about using regular ol' peepers at night. i don't usually drive around wearing nvg's....

but that's enough of this off-topicness

'16 CX-9 Touring
'04 6s MTX
Mods: Yes.
8/8/17:
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 12:18 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by drew@Oct 16 2004, 02:35 PM
Not exactly.* In an airplane, red usually signifies a warning.* Most indications in a cockpit are either white, green, amber, or red, depending on what they're meant to display.
Sorry, man, but most every cockpit I've ever seen (and it's a lot) is mostly red. The exception are data displays that needed color-coding to signify varying things, like aircraft weather radar. Even in aircraft where the gauges are not displayed in red for various reasons the lighting within the cockpit is all red.

At night the color red is the least attention getting, and warnings are usually displayed in white/yellow (note our check engine light is yellow).

Older plane -- C-7 Caribou:

None of the new multi-colored LCD displays of newer planes, so all guages and dials are entirely red.

Don't get any more modern than the 777:

Notice it's all backlit red except where color-coded data is displayed. The upper area, where the pilot will be looking out the window is all red so that the light doesn't affect his night vision.

A helicopter too (Sea King):

Helicopter cockpits often illuminate as much red as possible as the pilot is frequently looking around in all directions and cannot have his vision affected.

2003 Performance White Mazda6s -- Loaded MTX

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 12:21 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to mmarfan
Yes, blue, even though it doesn't seem that way, is the more destracting then red. There's a writeup on it somewhere.

The new:

The old:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page