Climate control Not being displayed on info screen - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all just took delivery on a '05 mazda6 I w/ hatch. I was testing out the climate controls and noticed that it wasn't being displayed on the information display (where the clock and temp is) . I read the manual and it says that it should be. Is this a feature only on the 6 S with automatic climate control or is there something not working on this new car?

Thanks,
Jorell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 06:14 AM
Retired Moderator

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Do you have the automatic climate control where you adjust the temperature and the car automatically control it, or do you have the manual control where you turn the dial to 1,2,3 for the fan speed, and set the cool/hot dial manually?

I have the automatic control. The display shows the temperature, the fan speed and direction of flow.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 01:43 PM
6NM
Learners License

If you have the 6i with manual controls, the only part that will display is ambient (outside) temperature, A/C, and the recirculation lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 06:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to timba24 Send a message via MSN to timba24
thats all you get with the 6i no a/c displays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorell@Oct 8 2004, 03:21 AM
Hey all just took delivery on a '05 mazda6 I w/ hatch.* I was testing out the climate controls and noticed that it wasn't being displayed on the information display (where the clock and temp is) .* I read the manual and it says that it should be.* Is this a feature only on the 6 S with automatic climate control or is there something not working on this new car?
Thanks,
Jorell
[snapback]313014[/snapback]
UPDATE: Took it back to the dealer this morning. Tech came outside and looked at it. Sait the display probably needs to be replaced. However they wanted me to leave the car one day this week for them to work on it. I said fine, as long as I get a loaner car. The girl said to me, "they don't have that program setup." I said that was unacceptable. Then the sales guy who sold me the car told me that because I was 22, the rental car company wouldn't rent me the car for the day. I was taken back by this because I specifically asked the guy when I was getting the car about the loaner car program and he knew I was 22. Anyway a few minutes later they then tell me they will give me a car the day while they run some tests. Otherwise I love the car
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 04:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to itbeanew1 Send a message via MSN to itbeanew1 Send a message via Yahoo to itbeanew1
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorell@Oct 10 2004, 12:00 AM
UPDATE:* Took it back to the dealer this morning.* Tech came outside and looked at it.* Sait the display probably needs to be replaced.* However they wanted me to leave the car one day this week for them to work on it.* I said fine, as long as I get a loaner car.* The girl said to me, "they don't have that program setup."* I said that was unacceptable.* Then the sales guy who sold me the car told me that because I was 22, the rental car company wouldn't rent me the car for the day.* I was taken back by this because I specifically asked the guy when I was getting the car about the loaner car program and he knew I was 22.* Anyway a few minutes later they then tell me they will give me a car the day while they run some tests.* * Otherwise I love the car
[snapback]313715[/snapback]

its a good chance your dealer doesnt know what they are talking about. Like was said above, if you do not have the auto climate control, save yourself a day without you 6. the non-auto climate controls will not display anything up on the display. All the information you need is on the controls themselves such as fan speed, and temp setting. the only thing you will me able to get up on the display, like was said, is the outside temp. this will show up if you press the button to the right of the display that says "AMB"

this is a pic of the Auto Climate Control

and the non auto ac

Blazing Copper 04 6s MTX Sedan
Custom interior ambiant lighting, Airbox Mod (sometimes), Mazdaspeed6 tails, custom installed lower fogs (burnt out. need to get the kit)

RIP
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 05:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to timba24 Send a message via MSN to timba24
dude how stupid is your dealer you have a 6i the 6i only displays the clock, radio infor, and AMb. temp in the display no climate control setting are displayed

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally posted by timba24@Oct 13 2004, 09:54 PM
dude how stupid is your dealer you have a 6i the 6i only displays the clock, radio infor, and AMb. temp in the display no climate control setting are displayed
[snapback]315282[/snapback]

I test drove a 2004 6I with manual climate control and it DID display the fan and blower position on the information display. Who knows....I dropped the car off this morning and they gave me a 2003 tribute. We'll see what they do.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 09:59 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
That's wierd. I have a 2004 6i with manual climate controls and it has never displayed climate info. There's a big empty space on the screen where that info would go, although it seems kinda pointless with manual controls.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 10:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to itbeanew1 Send a message via MSN to itbeanew1 Send a message via Yahoo to itbeanew1
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorell@Oct 14 2004, 03:34 PM
I test drove a 2004 6I with manual climate control and it DID display the fan and blower position on the information display.* Who knows....I dropped the car off this morning and they gave me a 2003 tribute.* We'll see what they do.
[snapback]315491[/snapback]
if they manage to get it to work i know alot of non auto climate control drivers who are gonna be visiting there mazda dealers.

can anyone who has the regular ac system say if theres displays up in the display?

Blazing Copper 04 6s MTX Sedan
Custom interior ambiant lighting, Airbox Mod (sometimes), Mazdaspeed6 tails, custom installed lower fogs (burnt out. need to get the kit)

RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page