Anyone have these H1's (lowbeams) ? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
Hey, I was wondering 2 things.

1.) What is the color temperature of our stock headlights, like what " K " ?
2.) Has anyone tried the PIAA H1's that are for 50w but put out 100w @ 4000k ?
Here's the info on them.

PIAA’s Xtreme White technology

I'm wanting to go with a more crisp white with hint of blue for my headlights / lowbeams, but without going to HID's , don't have the cash right now. Came across these PIAA's awhile back.
Cheapest H1's that I've found are on autolumination, they have light a Xenon Crisp white, and an Arctic White. Anyone tried either of those ? Those are all found HERE
Found some other supposodely "crisp" ones at streetglow.com, found ----->Streetglow Xenon-white bulbs
And the all famous burn out Sylvania Silverstars .... that'll be a last resort !

Any of you guys have reviews or stats on any of the following bulbs, or recommendations ?
And don't forget, if you know the color temp of our stock headlights, share the info with me Thanks .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Retired Moderator

I think the regular halogen light is rated around 3200 K. Look at this link for temperature guide of headlights.

Anyway, I have the PIAA H1 bulb that you're talking about. It's 100% white without any bluish tint. That's why it's rated 4000 K. If you want bluish tint, I think you should buy other bulb.

The autolumination bulbs are very cheap. Make sure they are 55W. If they are 100W, you might burn your electrical wires. Anyway, because they are cheap, maybe you want to buy them just to try them out (and let us know if they are any good).

There's also PIAA H1 bulb that is rated 7500 K on ebay. It's expensive! But it might be worth it if they look like HID.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 08:54 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the silverstar h1 bulb it burns some where around 4200k and it looks realy good. Made a big diffrence. They cost like 19 bucks at wal-mart just for one bulb I did my low beams and high so it cost me $80 but it was worth it help alot with night driving.

Loaded mazda 6s debadged with magnflows, injen intake, unorthadox pully, eibach springs,Koni yellow shocks, silverstar bulbs, fidanza light weight flywheel, Spec 2 clutch, Denso plugs, Racing Beat Front and Rear sways,Tanabe Strut tower brace, Poly exhaust mounts, Poly engine mount, Wanger Headers.With 18" Falken Torque 5's wrapped with toyo proxy 4s, KVR drilled rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Corksport steel braided brake lines, Motul RBF fluid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
noooo don't do it

After we get the lips, heronew said there would be one more GB on the HIDs before christmas! thats what im going to wait on!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 08:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kaynor09 Send a message via Yahoo to Kaynor09
I have the PIAA's. There's no hint of blue on them....at least not the Xtreme white ones.

'04 6s MTX

Onyx Black, Fully Loaded (minus Sports Grille)

Current Mods:
35/35/20 Tints | PIAA Xtreme White H1 Headlights & H3 Fogs| Superwhite Interior Lighting| Brake Light Mod | APC White LED Shift Knob | Magnaflow Exhaust | Clear Blinking Side Markers | Black Racing Lip | Injen CAI | Euro Tail Lights | Tanabe GF20's

From the East to the West Coast...now in L.A.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
Allright, I emailed autolumination inquiring about the wattage of their bulbs as well as asked them the color temperature of the 3 types of H1 bulbs they have. If they aren't at least 4000k then I'll go with some PIAA's. I found some 4700k 55w H1 bulbs on ebay, those should be just about right, pretty crisp white anyways. 7500k's waaaay to blue for me, thanks for the heads up though, saw those on ebay as well.

I'll keep you guys updated Thanks for the helpful info !

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 11:21 PM

Hmm yeah i would like to see how they look actually dude... When you get them and start the install, leave one side stock and post comparison pics for us

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 12:27 AM

Just wanted to let those who are looking for bulbs on ebay to be aware of the so called 6000k eurodezigns, they look yellowish. I compared it with my stock bulbs, and they are almost similar. I bought the mtec 55w 4350K, and they are pure white. Only time I see a hint of blue, is when I pull up in my driveway and the light shines on our white bricks, also when it's in the garage and it shines on the garage door.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Axion@Oct 4 2004, 10:21 PM
Hmm yeah i would like to see how they look actually dude... When you get them and start the install, leave one side stock and post comparison pics for us
[snapback]311469[/snapback]
Allright, I'll do that for ya ! They emailed me back, here's what they had to say:
Quote:
HI-

We do not have actual color data on the bulbs, but the super white have* a slight blue tint, and the neon blue are a more noticeable cyan color.

Here are more details on color:

http://autolumination.com/colors.htm
So, I'll buy a set of the Super White Xenon's and test them out for us

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 01:08 AM

go go guinepig!!(sp?)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page