LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to change the headlight bulbs on my 6? They look so complicated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kkaijr@Sep 25 2004, 07:39 PM
Can anyone tell me how to change the headlight bulbs on my 6?* They look so complicated.
[snapback]307663[/snapback]
I just did this recently. It actually depends on which light you're replacing, but here's the general instructions:

1. Remove the plastic cover behind the light. For the low-beams, it's a screw-off cover, and for the others, there's a cover that clips off across both the fog lights and high-beams. I have a 6s, and I needed to remove the coolant reservoir to get to the passenger's low-beam, and I had to remove the air filter cover and filter to get to the non-low-beam lights on the driver's side. It is a very tight squeeze, but I was able to avoid removing the air filter box altogether. The passenger's side lights have some wiring that's in the way making it really tough to get the cover free from its location, as well.

2. Once you get the back cover out, take a look inside...do this in bright daylight, so you can see it clearly. There's a wire connected to the bulb that you should remove, and then there's a metal retainer clip holding the bulb in place. You need to push this clip in and pull it over to the side before it comes loose. I had trouble with this before I figured it out, so if you can get a good look at it, it will really help. The high-beam headlights are pretty deeply recessed, so they can be very hard to get to. If you're replacing several lights, do the high-beams last so you're comfortable with the process by the time you get to them. Once you figure out how it works, it goes really quickly.

3. Remove the bulb, replace it, making sure it's right-side up. There's a corner 'cut-out' in the base of the bulb that's oriented towards the lower, driver's side of the vehicle.

4. Clip it back in place, attach the wire, and put the back cover back on...you're done.

Drew
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Retired Moderator

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
If you have small hands, you don't really have to remove anything (such as coolant reservoir, etc).

Anyway, check out the link here for instruction. That link is actually for replacing parking light, but the headlight bulb is located next to it. At least by checking this link, you will see some pictures to give you a clearer picture. Goodluck!

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Thank you. I will check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page