Installing Integrated Foglights - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Has anyone ever installed bulbs in the place where the integrated foglights are at?
and wire them manual somehow/somewhere.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Black03i
endless, that is a good question. i am wanting to do the same on mine but have not heard of a way yet to do it. I would hope someone on the forum has done it before or knows how, i havent had the time to figure out a way to do it or else i could tell you.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally posted by Black03i@Oct 13 2004, 07:15 AM
endless, that is a good question. i am wanting to do the same on mine but have not heard of a way yet to do it. I would hope someone on the forum has done it before or knows how, i havent had the time to figure out a way to do it or else i could tell you.
[snapback]314864[/snapback]
I am interested in this too.
my 6 comes with NO integrated foglight but has lower sports bumper fogs installed.
I have bought a set of OEM foglights for installation in the integrated lamp cluster. I I need direction on the wiring aspect of this installation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Learners License

Send a message via MSN to mazda6gr
Hi guys,

yes I have installed the fog lights and work perfectly allright.They are actually very helpful and I often use them in dark night rides.
Mazda in greece charge them really high and therefore i bought them from ebay.de (the german ebay).You will find plenty of them in the site foor only 155 Euros.(mind u...the dealers in greece sell them for 500 Euros....).In the original Mazda package you get the bulbs and the new swich that replaces the standard switch for headlights.It s all very easy to be done.

Good luck
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 06:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to madlandrover
Is the wiring aready in place to connect to the foglights themselves? Looking at the kit I found that I think you mean (Ebay.de foglights) I couldn't see anything in particular - my german is rusty, but I think he said everything necessary to fit it was included! In fact, since you've already done it, it would be great if you could do some sort of simple guide to fitting - if you like, someone could do a simple guide & I could do a more detailed one with photos if I go for the kit. Also a quick question, possibly stupid: are they direction specific, ie is there a different set for the UK driving on the left & almost the rest of the world driving on the right? Thanks...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 09:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to docgoku
I just wanted to add a note to this about the wiring as I had to "custom" wire my lower fogs this past weekend. See MZBuckeye's OEM install and there is a little pin that needs to be moved well I f'ed that up. Anyway, here's how to get the wiring working if you want to power the integrated fogs.

You'll need
1)The new control stalk with the fog light switch, a must have.

2) My theory is mazda has already put the fog light wiring (integrated in place) but I don't remember how my wiring was before I started (under the dash, the fog wiring to the headlight is there!).

On the driver's side you will remove the whole lower pannel that covers the fuse box. Lift up the door seal, slide out the lower pannel there, one clip to the side wall and pull towards the center console to remove completely.

High above the fuse box there are two large connectors, one at the top that has a black base and the one lower that has a white base. The white base is called X-05 it has a yellow/green wire running into one of it's pins and then running out of it's back. Well, in short that yellow/green wire is what triggers the main fog light relay to power the front lights. It is activated when you use the control stalk to turn on the fogs.

You must make sure that yellow/green going into X-05 is matched with the yellow/green wire going out. I f'ed the pin up and just spliced them together, by-passing the connector. This allows the circut to be completed from the stalk switch to the main fog relay (it's in the main fuse box) which is connected to the fuse box and it's power source and the relay runs a wire that goes to the headlight housings for the fogs.

3)Check that you are activating the main fog relay by taking off the cover of the fuse box, indentify the main fog relay and you can here it "click" when you have the battery hooked up and switch the fogs on.

4)Now you need to know what wires are run off the main fog relay to the actual headlight housing. Well it's a L/W wire, or L=blue W=white stripe. And it's bright blue!! Well, it starts as one wire off the relay but is split into two wires just after the driver's side front wheel well. One wire goes to the left light and the other to the right. I haven't taken the headlight apart so I'm not sure where it's stashed for us non-sports but it's there! I'm powering my lower fogs off it now! Yeah I'm a dumb ass.

Anyway, that's the gist of it. If you didn't want the lower fogs and it's whole kit... you could just order the integrated parts and the control stalk and that's all you need. Note, if you buy the lower fog light kit I believe it is purposefully setup to disable use of both sets of fogs. For one, it comes with another relay that is expecting now power for the integrated fogs. Also they have you move the fog light relay trigger wire up one port in the X-05 which I think stops it from activating the main fog relay, thus making powering the fogs disabled. Unless, you f' the directions up and have to wire your lower fogs to the integrated fogs all ghetto like me.

JH
SOLD - 04 Mazda 6s SportWagon - Glacier Silver - 5M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 08:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to mr_luv1
Ok so can we here in the states get this hook up? im a none sports driver but really want intergraded fogs what needs to be done other than getting new housings A or get new car B?

Quote:
Originally posted by madlandrover@Jan 17 2005, 07:47 PM
Is the wiring aready in place to connect to the foglights themselves?* Looking at the kit I found that I think you mean (Ebay.de foglights) I couldn't see anything in particular - my german is rusty, but I think he said everything necessary to fit it was included!* In fact, since you've already done it, it would be great if you could do some sort of simple guide to fitting - if you like, someone could do a simple guide & I could do a more detailed one with photos if I go for the kit.* Also a quick question, possibly stupid: are they direction specific, ie is there a different set for the UK driving on the left & almost the rest of the world driving on the right?* Thanks...
[snapback]349298[/snapback]

Friends Dont Let Friends Drive Stock!!!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 10:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to docgoku
I believe it can be done. With help of Richard at mazdastuff.com I was able to figure out what parts we would need.
Mazda 6 Headlight Diagram and Parts

1)The fog light housings.
GJ6A-51-6A1 RIGHT FOG LAMP $87.56 (51-680B in the picture)
GJ6A-51-69X LEFT FOG LAMP $87.56 (51-680C in the picture)

2)The screws to hold the housings in place. 51-135 is the screw. and they cost:
GJ6E-51-143 SCREW $4.75 EACH (4X) $19

3)2 H3 Bulbs. 51-686 is the H3 fog light bulb. It comes with the wire as do all H3 bulbs. 0000-11-0H3 FOG LIGHT BULB $13 each (2x) $26
--- Now here's the tricky part, I know my L/W (blue/white) wires for the fogs are active but how they hook up to the bulb will either be a preexisting plug and play or you can put a connector on the L/W wire that will easily fit the H3 bulb's connector. You know male to female, I believe the H3 is the male part.

So combined with my information above about making sure the fog light wires are active this is what's needed.

As for me, I will be waiting for the NFA HID kit. That is a whole headlight housing replacement. It's listed in the Group Buy section and although final prices haven't been listed yet, I'm waiting to see what that will cost. If I can order a whole new headlight housing in HID with HID fogs there too for a reasonable amount of $$ I will do that.

From the looks of the pricing the normal integrated fog modification will cost about $230 all said and done. Hope this helps and I would be the first but I'm going to see what that NFA HID will be like.

JH
SOLD - 04 Mazda 6s SportWagon - Glacier Silver - 5M

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 11:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to madlandrover
Quick update: I ordered the integrated fog kit (being a standard UK estate, I don't have lower fogs!) as shown on ebay.de and have just fitted them, in about 45 mins and I'm no electrical expert... Wiring is already in place, the connectors for the fogs are measured & ziptied in place next to the foglight bowl already, and fitting the new switch to the steering column is easy as long as you follow the instructions. The worst bit for me was getting the existing fake lens out of the foglight slot - it has a collar round it that interferes with the headlight housing. In the end I just broke it up (thin plastic...) with a screwdriver & took the bits out. The instructions say to remove the bumper & headlights, I found it faster & easier overall just to remove the airbox and (for UK spec vehicles...) the washer fluid reservoir. I believe that may be where the coolant reservoir is on some models, but I'm not sure - basically just forward of the right wheel well. After doing that it was quick and easy - so much so that I didn't even bother taking photos for a how-to, the instructions that come with the OEM kit are adequate. Best of all, it works!! No idea how much light it gives yet, should be dark soon though...

Edit: the fogs throw light closer to the car than the low beam, enough to make a noticeable difference even with HIDs. Well worth it IMHO, even if they're not great fog lights due to the height!

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 11:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to UCYIMD1
so the projectors on the inside of our headlights for those who don't have the sports package are dummy ones...you need to buy new projectors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page