LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi there,

Can someone tell me what the lifespan of LED's vs. halogen bulbs are?

I bought some 'eurolights' 194 LED's and replaced my parking lights with them. Unfortunately, after about 10hrs of continuous use, BOTH LED's started to flicker then stopped working. I recently replaced those two 194 LED with the same 'eurolights' 194 LED's and after probably about 5hrs of continuous use, one of them has already stopped working. Has anyone else experienced the same/similar problem with LED's for parking lights? So now I have bought some new 194 LED's from autolumination.com (should receive them in a week or so) and I'm hoping that maybe it's the quality of the LED's that is the problem.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 07:18 PM

i've had 194 4bulb blue LED's from autolumination for about half a year. just last week, one of them blew out, the others are doing fine. I ordered 2 more, one for a spare.

I dont know, but they supposedly last a long time. I don't know how that one blew out, but anyway its still worth the money. I'd be a millionaire if I got a penny for every time someone complimented my interior lighting at night.

people call my car "Club Joash" (Joash being my name) at night b/c of the blue glow

autolumination rocks btw.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by LapisM6i@Aug 31 2004, 11:18 PM
i've had 194 4bulb blue LED's from autolumination for about half a year. just last week, one of them blew out, the others are doing fine. I ordered 2 more, one for a spare.

I dont know, but they supposedly last a long time. I don't know how that one blew out, but anyway its still worth the money. I'd be a millionaire if I got a penny for every time someone complimented my interior lighting at night.

people call my car "Club Joash" (Joash being my name) at night b/c of the blue glow

autolumination rocks btw.
[snapback]298125[/snapback]
I bought the oval wide angle single LED's from autolumination, since they emit 100 degree angle of light. I can't wait to install the blue ones in the rear interior. I plan on installing the super white oval wide angle LED's in the front of the interior. I also plan on replacing the glove compartment 194 with the oval wide angle super white LED.

I bought the 194 4 LED's (superwhite) for the front parking lights. Should get them in a week or so. Hopefully they will last long. I really don't know why the LED's seem to burn so fast, especially when they are suppose to last longer than halogens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Retired Moderator

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I had the same experience with LEDs.

Within the past year I replaced 4 Superwhite 4LED's 194 that I purchased from autolumination because they died. So I have no idea if they are supposed to last longer than regular bulbs.

However, my 2 yellow and 2 blue 4LED's 194 are still working since last year.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 11:53 AM

same experiece here as well.....replaced over half the LED's I've installed,but still wouldnt have it any other way....I love the look
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 12:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cachetes
i have the 4led interior for about 8 months now and have had no problems. I have the superwhites in the parking lights and have no problems with those either. Ordering more for the doors and will probably order some h1s from autolumination. they have great prices and great shipping.

2004 Onyx Black 6S sport, V6 loaded with all the trimmings. Custom blue interior lighting, superwhite parking lights & license plate, PIAA rear directionals, PIAA H1 low beams, Magnaflow performance exhaust, 35% tint all around, brake light mod, 3.5" stubby, clear side markers, 2 12" Infinity reference series subs w/600W Infinity amp in custom fiberglass enclosures, racing lip and tanabe gf20 springs...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 09:52 PM

It probably is a manufacturer defect. If they made aftermarket LED lights to last longer, they'd lose money because people would be buying it less. Original yellow lights tends to last ages, probably because it was built to last longer. There is never a proper explanation for this, but when you think about what I said, it does makes a bit of sense! Sometimes they last longer and sometimes, it just takes a month before it blows.

2003 6i Sedan, Greddy Turbo with E-manage, NGK Iridiums plugs, KYB Super Street Adjustables, H&R Suspension, HKS Turbo Timer, SARD R2D2 Blow-off valve, HKS Legamax Dual Axle Back Exhaust, A-spec Bodykit. RAYS Gram Lights 57S. VTTR Slotted Front Rotors
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 11:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to QuiQsV6
I just got my 6 LED hyperwhites from Superbriteleds and they fit perfectly in the parking lights. They are brighter then the 4 LED's and don't really have that really blueish tint to it like the 4led's from autolumination has. Also, the 6 LED's from auto won't fit, and if you're getting the 6's from Super you gotta make sure you get the smaller ones as they have two sets of 6 LED's that they sell and one is bigger then the other.

<span style=\'color:red\'>Ryde or Die QuiQ!!</span>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
</span>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<span style=\'color:red\'>October&#39;s 6 of the month.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 07:38 AM

Normal LED are made to last at least 10000 Hours, but in normal condition.
I buy the eurolight too and change one after 2 week.

I thing the problem came from the resistancethey put between the 12V from the car and the LED. More voltage give brighter LED but they last less longer.

I put some LED in my lower bumper last summer and use a voltage regulator to get the wright voltage, sine then ,i never touch that, still working perfectly.

Mr-Patate
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 12:59 PM

I don&#39;t know about the 6LED, but i got the 4LED from superbrightleds.com, and they are purple

2004 Lapis Blue Mazda6 S, ATX, Fully Loaded. Injen CAI/CPE MAF Customizer, MagnaFlow Catback, LED Parking/Map Lights, Side Marker mod, Chrome Gas Door
Larry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page