LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to QuiQsV6
You don't know the headache I went through about that!! One was more blueish white and the bad one was purple. I returned it once, they were still purple except for one. Sent it back again and it was defective. Finally on the third try they sent me 1 more blueish white one but the other still purpleish. Put those on my doors as you couldn't tell as much there. But on the map lights they were just annoying having one blueish and the other purpleish.

I'm gonna try the 6LED in the map light to see if it fits as they are more whiter and brighter the the 4LED from autolumination. Can't really see shit with those 4LED's.

<span style=\'color:red\'>Ryde or Die QuiQ!!</span>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
</span>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<span style=\'color:red\'>October&#39;s 6 of the month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 01:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to DRAGONS6 Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGONS6
I&#39;ve been putting 4 LED bulbs in the parking lights for a while. No problem with any of the interior lights but the drivers side parking light has gone out twice. The first time it looked melted and the second timeit just started flickering. Don&#39;t know if theres more heat on that side of the car?

64 mods (so far) Too much money spent

6 of the month on eastcoast6.com March 2005 NH01

(better pics)
and check out myspace

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 01:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to QuiQsV6
Yeah that&#39;s weird cuz that&#39;s the exact same one that just went out on me, so I just replaced both with the 6LED&#39;s from superbrite.

<span style=\'color:red\'>Ryde or Die QuiQ!!</span>

</span>

<span style=\'color:red\'>October&#39;s 6 of the month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 10:10 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I&#39;ve got a ton of LEDs in the car. I have the 4led blues for all the interior domes, 6led reds in the doors. I originally had the inverted whites in the parking lights till one blew out. So instead, I replaced both with the oval wide angles. Totally different type of effect but lived a shorter life. Since then, I&#39;ve gone back to the inverted for my parking lights.

I also put the oval wide angles over the read license plate. They are still fine. So far, then, the only ones that ever went out are the ones in the parking lights. The inverted ones I took apart and found a disconnection (first pic). That&#39;s why they flickered alot before they actually went out. The oval wide angles showed no signs of anything wrong - they just didn&#39;t want to work anymore. If I had to guess, it&#39;s all the bumping around in the headlight assembly. Maybe it&#39;s just too rought for them in there.

BTW, I think Superbrightleds rocks autolumination. They have some better versions of the bulbs and are usually significantly cheaper. They also get their shipments to you faster. Autolumination is ok for those bulbs SBL.com doesn&#39;t have (inverted and these new ones below).

I thought these new matrix ones would be wicked sweet for the parking light - so I bought one red one to test the size. That way, if it didn&#39;t fit I&#39;d put it into the glove compartment. It didn&#39;t fit .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0347__Medium_.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	37443   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0155__Small_.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	37444   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0157__Small_.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	37445   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0162__Small_.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	37446   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0164__Small_.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	37447  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0177__Small_.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	37448  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 12:37 PM

I just had my white inverted 194 LED on my front driver&#39;s side go out on me too. I guess I need to switch to the 6-LED from Super Bright LEDs. Maybe those are more rugged.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Mazda Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Mazda Gremlyn Send a message via MSN to Mazda Gremlyn
I&#39;ve had my tail light, interior, and parking light leds for 4 months now and I&#39;ve not had a single problem. I got all mine form autolumination. The LEDs themselves should last 100,000 hours, anything significantly less would be a defect.

2004 Mazda6s MTX: Gone...
Replaced with a 2011 WRX Hatch!

1988 323 GTX: Need to finish re-rebuilding the engine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page