Which is the best LED for interior lighting - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Which is the best LED for interior lighting

I need help guys !!! i've been looking at autolumination.com for like a week at least, and still thinking which 194 should i buy for my interior lighting.... so i need help from you guys who've installed them.

Do the 6LED bulb fit into all the housing for the interior lights for mazda6?
Which is the brightest kind of 194 autolumination.com sells?

I've bought a pair of Eurolite 194 (with 2 LEDs) from canadian tire, and i m not satisfied with the output, it's too bluish, and it's not very bright.

So, which is the best LED should i get for interior dome lights, courtesy lights, parking lights, trunk lights, license plate lights?

And also, 1 more thing, i m using a Philips Crystal Vision H1 as my low beam, is there any 194 that has almost the same color output as the low beam? Thanks for reading this guys, i really appreciate it if someone knows what i m talking about.:D

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Replying to Topic 'Which is the best LED for interior lighting'

I have 9LED 194 in my interior (some modifications required). As far as the brightest, they have a chart on there that you can compare the 'luminous intensity' and also 'viewing angle'....I hope that helps.:)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 01:23 PM

Reading Topic: Which is the best LED for interior lighting

I have the 4 led in mine and the are bright! Keep in mind that depending on what color you want this will affect light output. bluem6 great answer!
Peace!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

So what does the luminosity tells us? the higher the number, the brighter the light is? and white color brighter than other color of the same bulb?

So 4LED is the best bet? how abt the super white xenon bulb? are they brighter? what do you guys think if i put inverted or oval bulb in the dome light?

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Learners License

I doubt the inverted leds would have enough output, since they only have one led. I have the fours in blue in my car. They are plenty bright for me, and give a very cool effect. You can put the nine leds in the door lights without any modifications, which is very bright. I don't know about the xenons though, as I have put leds in everything I can.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 10:24 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

One of the kinds of 6-bulb led (non-polarized, maybe?) from Superlumination.com is the same width at the 4 leds we know fit in the interior domes. The reason I point this out is that I haven't actually stuck one in there yet so I can't say they will fit for sure... the concern I have is that the lights protrude into the assembly of the dome at an angle so while the actual housing of the bulb may fit, the extra leds MAY have a problem. I doubt it... but fair warning. I will try to take another look tomorrow at my housing...

Copy and paste for a comparison (don't click - it won't always work):

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...dd/f8f2e308.jpg
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 11:30 PM

I have a question..... I just recently ordered some inverted led bulbs. I didn't realize they only emit light from the sides until aftrer I ordered them. Well, if I use these for the parking lights will they be as bright as the regular 194 bulbs as they only emit light from the sides?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 10:04 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

^^ No, they won't. The regular 194s are a LOT brighter. These are almost impossible to see during the daytime... or basically anytime other than flat-out darkness at night. If you look for them, you MAY catch a slight point of light dead center of the bulb. You are right: they emit light mainly from the sides, so if it's dark, the housing will be lit up lightly. It's very subtle, but it will be lit up.

edit: forgot I had these:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid8...37/fa99bc17.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid8...c5/fa99bc49.jpg

I am using these now (opaque wide angles - shoot light at 100 degrees). They are in between the regular leds and the inverted ones in terms of light given off. You can defeinitely see these from the front, though. It still doesn't give you the "lighting up the assembly" look of the stocks, though.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...50/f8ae3df2.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...1c/f8ae3eae.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...13/f8ae3e85.jpg
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 02:56 AM

I tried the oval wide angle single LED for the parking lights, and they were slightly less brighter than the 4LED. But for interior they seem to lit up alright in the dark, but my recommendation is to get 4LED for both. For parking lights I used 6LED.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

wow, the inverted LEDs sure looks brighter (in terms of looking at the housing), but the 100-degree LEDs looks very sharp..... tough to decide....

yo 6vision, so will the housing fit 6LED for the parking light? and 4LED fit in the housing for the interior dome lighting?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page