Hardwiring radar detector to rearview mirror... - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hardwiring radar detector to rearview mirror...'

Maybe it was the feature on the 8500 that it automatically lowers the audio alarms for you once it's been on for a certain period of time.

The front and rear antenna was another nice feature the V1 has. The 8500 won't be able to detect a rear threat as soon as a V1 should. I've seen how the signal drops sharply once a moving threat has passed you in the opposite direction.
Neither detector will protect you completely but you can opt. to spend some more money if you end up getting the 8500 and purchase the laser jammer, which would help protect you from Lidar, but I'm not sure about the legality of it in the future. You will find many people that will swear by both of these detectors.

Quote:
Originally posted by diesel5599

* * * * * * V1 does have auto mute, it just is not turned on by default, however it is possible to reprogram it to support auto mute. But I do agree, the new Passport X50 is pretty much neck and neck with the V1, however I am a firm believer in knowing where the threat is coming from. Not to mention V1 is still the ONLY radar detector with a true front and rear antenna.

Detector's are like anything else, do your research and get what you think is best, I don't mind a Passport owner keeping the cops busy for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Hardwiring radar detector to rearview mirror...'

As I said, I have had both and my Passport is long gone and sold. The range in every band on the V1 is better, it tells me where the signal is coming from, picks up multiple bands at once and tells me how many are shooting at me. This enables me to know if the signal is behind, in front or what ever and the Bogey counter is the best way to pick out false alarms. The Passport does not enable me to do that, thus my opinion. Many of the tests that are on the Passport site were not scientific head to head tests. There is one scientific head to head test where they guy on the Valentine 1 site claims that he lost because some guy from Autombile Magazine has it out for him and he totally takes the guy's methodology apart piece by piece, its kind of funny. Certainly don't/did'nt think the Passport was a bad detector, but the Val 1 is just better IMO having had both.

Old Cars:
06 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring, Platnum
03 Mazda 6s MTX, Lapis Blue

New Car:
08 Acura RDX, Tech Package, Nighthawk Black

Wife's Car:
07 Mazda CX-7 Touring, Copper Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page