post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to travis0385 Send a message via Yahoo to travis0385
Fog Lights....

I just bought an 03 speed yellow mazda 6i. I have the sport package with the fog lights in the bottom fascia..... i noticed on the headlight assembly that i had a little black circle that never lit up.... took me a while to learn it was for the fog lights, yet i thought i had the fog lights that were offered on the 6. Basically i wanted to kno if it was possible to just plug in a bulb and have them on the same switch as my lower fogs... sorry for asking but im at college are my car is home and i just wanted to kno because i wont be home in 3 weeks...

thanks

2003 Mazda6i Speed Yellow
Appearance Package, ATX, Fogs, Injen CAI, 25% Tint, Sport Grille, Red Painted Calipers, Mazda Mp3 Player, Audiobahn 8000T amp powering two Alpine SWR-1222ds fiberglassed, Inverted Blacklight Parking Lights, Detailed Engine Cover, 18" Graphite Konig Troubles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Replying to Topic 'Fog Lights....'

tryin to not make myself sound like a dumbass that doesnt kno wut hes doin......... i could figure out it if i could look at the car but like i said, it'll be round 3 weeks before i go home from college..... so i was just wanting an answer for peace of mind...... i think ive seen a maz6 with the bottom fog lights as well as the fog light in the headlight assembly........ my model has the factory fog light switch on the turn signal/headlight switch on the column..... so if anyone else has both sets of foggies running, please share how hard or easy it is and which size bulb it would be.... thanks again

Appearance Package, ATX, Fogs, Injen CAI, 25% Tint, Sport Grille, Red Painted Calipers, Mazda Mp3 Player, Audiobahn 8000T amp powering two Alpine SWR-1222ds fiberglassed, Inverted Blacklight Parking Lights, Detailed Engine Cover, 18" Graphite Konig Troubles
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 12:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to timba24 Send a message via MSN to timba24
Reading Topic: Fog Lights....

Well you have the appearance package for one. The missing foglight up top only comes in the SPORT package and with the sport package you can not get lower fogs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Retired Moderator

1> You have to have the "Appearance" Package, not the Sport Package. There's no way to get lower fogs if you have the Sport Package.

2> Yes, you have seen some people with both lower and upper fogs -- they are Sport Package owners that installed aftermarket fogs in the lower bumper. As far as I know, no one's done the reverse and installed upper fogs when their car came with lower fogs.

2003 Performance White Mazda6s -- Loaded MTX

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

well, from the factory it didnt have any special package.... the what i thought 'sport package' was added at the dealer.... (spoiler, front and rear bumpers, side skirts)

i was guessing the fogs came with the car from the factory cause of the switch....

if you just got the special option of 'fog lights' would they be in the bottom air dam?

so does all this mean that i can plug in lights to the headlight assembly easily by just a plug or does it mean if i wanted to i would have to run wires and a relay or two?

thanks

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
well, from the factory it didnt have any special package.... the what i thought 'sport package' was added at the dealer.... (spoiler, front and rear bumpers, side skirts)
Ahhh. This makes some sense. I guess that could've happened.

Quote:
if you just got the special option of 'fog lights' would they be in the bottom air dam?
Yeap. But that's not an option with the Sport Package. But, since your car wasn't "Sport" from the factory, that's why you have them.

Quote:
so does all this mean that i can plug in lights to the headlight assembly easily by just a plug or does it mean if i wanted to i would have to run wires and a relay or two?
I honestly don't know.

Your car is a bit of a freak, so I dunno how many people can really help you on this one. Maybe someone with a base 6 has tried to turn on their fogs, but not to my knowledge.

2003 Performance White Mazda6s -- Loaded MTX

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

:(

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 03:38 PM

There are no bulbs and no wiring for them in the upper foglight housing.
Just the empty lenses.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 05:10 PM

sounds like you have the value sports packaged ? ? the housing for the fog lights are not there are appeng6 said its just an empty lens.

i heard that you can do it some where along the line but you have to buy or get the housing which if i remeber correctly the guy said it was like 100 a piece so say 200 call your dealer and ask them or even the service department and ask them they would know best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page