Installed XenonDepot Kit, Works Great! - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Installed XenonDepot Kit, Works Great!

haha, whoops... i was mistaking you for Mbrogz... you and I have the same kit... I'm an idiot :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

haha, I got the xenondepot kit. its all good...
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 10:31 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

wait.. now i'm confused... =P yeah i thought we had the same kit! ahh...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Philips - CPE - Racing Beat - Koni - Mazdaspeed - SSR - Falken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 08:24 AM

Replying to Topic 'Installed XenonDepot Kit, Works Great!'

Well, even if it isn't the same manufacturer, it is the same kit indeed. Both Philips bulb and Hella ballast! So...same bulb, same ballast, sam e light output :sarc :sarc
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Learners License

Post pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 10:12 PM

Got my kit installed today! Took me 4 hours to do it! Mainly running back and forth to the garage (and filing down a male spade terminal to fit the smaller female on the headlamp)! The install wasn't too bad, I stripped one of those plastic pins in the wheel well but that's ok. Also, the plug that goes into each ballast is a BEEOTCH to put on. For some reason they are VERY difficult to push on all the way so that little plastic piece locks (latches) on. I couldn't push it on any tighter, and the clips are mostly set. not much else I coull do though... The other thing I wasn't real thrilled with is the rubber grommets that came with the kit for the dust caps. They really don't do a very good job if you drill the hole 1" wide. It really needs to be like 7/8" wide. One side of the grommet has a bigger lip than the other side, and that side holds well. But the other side of the grommet has a smaller lip (by about 1/16") and it it will let go on the slightest tug. It looks like it is BARELY larger than the 1" opening (by about 1/16" maybe). I would recommend doing the hole 7/8" and trying to work the grommet in there for a tighter fit. I'm gonna end up getting some silicon, I think, and sealing the grommet all the way around just to be certain it is actually sealed well. Everything else went smooth. I ended up installing the ballasts on a part of the frame. For the passenger's side it is to the left of the washer tank, and on the driver's side it is in the space behind the intake tubing. They both fit PERFECTLY there. there was no way (that I could see) to mount them under the headlamp housings, so this worked out just great. I used the double-sided tape and I used two screws in each ballast. I mounted that little relay box on top of the intake box for now (where some are mounting the driver's ballast). I grounded each of the ballasts to the frame that they're mounted to.

Man I gotta tell ya', they are AWESOME! I actually got a 4300K kit, not 4100K. The color is just PERFECT. Exactly what I wanted. Just a hint of blue! I do see that "shake" when going over bumps but I can live with that. My SVT Contour had custom PIAA fogs and they did the same exact thing. No big deal. I am literally amazed at the brightness though, it is incredible!

mbrogz3000, thanks again for all your help, you are DA MAN!

I'll try and get pics soon so you guys can check it out.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

hey, no problem! just glad I could help.

My bulbs are actually 4300k too, at least thats what the plastic boxes said. wait until you run them for the first ~10 hours, then you'll be really happy with the color.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Learners License

One thing that has always kept me from doing an HID install is what happens when you pull the blinker level back towards you during the day. When im driving during the day, and need to flash my hi's to let someone know to go or whatever, I pull back the blinker lever to flash my hi's. But the way the lights are wired, when I pull the lever back, both the hi's and the lo's come on. If I install HID's, id be "flashing" them. Im guessing its not good to pulse power to HID's like that. Is there anyway around that, or have you just learned not to use the flash feature, or is it not as much of a problem as I'm making it out to be.

By the way....I have a 2004 m6s, and am in the usa....if that matters.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVTour98

* * * *I ended up installing the ballasts on a part of the frame. *For the passenger's side it is to the left of the washer tank, and on the driver's side it is in the space behind the intake tubing. *They both fit PERFECTLY there. *there was no way (that I could see) to mount them under the headlamp housings, so this worked out just great. *
I don't get it.... According to https://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=15833&page=1, installation of the ballast under the headlight housings worked fine. Yet you've tried and had no luck. Is it because the other guy has a 6i, and yours is a 6s?

Edit: Okay, I just realized we're talking about different kits here. I bought the XenonFactory kit.

2007 Infiniti G35S 6MT Sedan
(SOLD!!! 2003 Lapis Blue 6s MTX non-sports, 15/30 tint, blackened chromed moustache, gray leather, xenon/UV 194s, front/rear silver signals, tail light mod, blue-lit door sills, XenonDepot 4100K HIDs, blinking side markers, OEM-like lower yellow fogs, MagnaFlow Catback, hydraulic hood lifts, cargo net, CEL Injen CAI sold, K&N air/oil filters, Mobil1 Syn, Redline, factory MP3, US Acoustics amp, CDT comps, Infinity Reference 2-ways & Basslink sub, iPaq H4155 Bluetooth GPS, CLEAR SIDE MARKER LENSES with 5-matrix LEDs!)
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GoofyG28

Quote:
Originally posted by SVTour98

* * * *I ended up installing the ballasts on a part of the frame. *For the passenger's side it is to the left of the washer tank, and on the driver's side it is in the space behind the intake tubing. *They both fit PERFECTLY there. *there was no way (that I could see) to mount them under the headlamp housings, so this worked out just great. *
I don't get it.... According to https://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=15833&page=1, installation of the ballast under the headlight housings worked fine. Yet you've tried and had no luck. Is it because the other guy has a 6i, and yours is a 6s?

Edit: Okay, I just realized we're talking about different kits here. I bought the XenonFactory kit.
honestly i think the frame location i used is actually a better spot. it is completely safe from just about all aspects (weather, and accidents). if you were to gently bump a car in front of you i would be afraid the bumper might go into the ballast and cause some damage (since the bumper lip is right in front of where the ballast would be located. having the ballasts on the frame just in front of the wheel well just avoids all of those possibilities, not to mention it will receive less weathering there. no doubt rain and whatever else will end up creeping through the crack between the bumper and headlight housing, and hit the ballast if it's under the headlamp, so at least this way it has to travel another 18" to get to the ballast...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page