LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Auto TCS OFF

I've searched through some of the TCS threads and it seems that alot of you would like it if the traction control could turn itself off automatically when you start the car. I wish for the same thing. I came up with an idea tonite for a simple circuit that should do just that. I haven't prototyped it yet, just an idea on paper. If it works like I think, it should be simple to wire up, just +12v from the "ignition on" circuit, ground and clip 2 wires across the TCS OFF button. It would wait 2 or 3 seconds after the IGNITION circuit goes hot, then send a half second pulse across the terminals of the TCS OFF button. The ECU shouldn't know that it isn't you pushing the button. The 2 second wait is to allow time for you to start the engine after turning the key, and for everything else to settle into running order. A simple toggle switch would disable the whole circuit for those of you who live in more inhospitable climates and want TCS on more than off for extended periods of time. When I get time to get the parts I'll work on it and see what I can come up with. A couple questions for anybody who knows. 1) Would it be possible to change the color of the TCS OFF dash light to red so it doesn't stand out as bad? If it is just an LED, swapping a red for a yellow should work. If it is an incandescent lamp and a yellow colored film, would it be possible to change the film? The TCS OFF light is VERY bright at night and it can't be dimmed with the dimmer :( 2) How hard is it to get into the area where the TCS OFF button is? I haven't looked into it yet, I just started thinking about this tonite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 04:20 PM

Reading Topic: Auto TCS OFF

.... Go you :)
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 09:24 AM

Replying to Topic 'Auto TCS OFF'

Sounds like it would work. You would probably need a time chip of some sort to get the delay. Not sure whats in the dash, but the cruise control is even brighter. BTW, have you had any of those boxy robots after you with the cool lasers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 01:45 PM

OK you can do this with a simple relay ! that is it ! you dont need a time ciruct.. i did it a while back ..
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to mmarfan

The TCS light is most likely yellow film, not an LED.

The new:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The old:

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-27-2003, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Humm, a simple relay, that would be too easy. Besides, I've been going to school for 2.5 years now for electronics and by god I'm going to use all that knowledge that's crammed in my head if it kills me! LOL Has anybody ever actually pulled the dash out and looked behind the instrument cluster? It looks like you'd have to take half the dash plus the engine to get to it.....

And no, I haven't seen any Daleks lately :P
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 05:03 PM

I have not seen anyone talking about pulling the dash out. I think because it looks like a pain. You could always be the first and take pictures and write a report for the rest of us lazy bastard. HEHE
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Well, I wasn't jumpy enough to pull the dash out, but my "AUTO TCS OFF" circuit works. WOOHOO, I did something that works, for a change :)
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 02:38 PM

So how did you end up wiring it?
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

I used a 555 timer IC wired for about a 6 second delay. I got the power from a red wire w/ white stripe coming from the fuse box under the dash, which is the ignition switch hot wire. Then I got ground from the bottom side of the TCS Off switch, which is grounded. And the trigger wire to the other side of the switch. But for some reason, it didn't work when I started my car when I got off work lastnight. Then it worked when I got home and tried it again. I'll have to figure that out, maybe it was just cold. :) I can try to draw up the schematic and post it if anybody is interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page