Illuminating the Rear Relectors - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Illuminating the Rear Relectors

I recently began doing this project on my 6s. The reflectors right above the tail lights can be illuminated from behind, you just need to use some creativity to make it work. Attached led bars to the brake wire and created a small bracket attaching it with two step appoxy to mount the leds.

The best thing to use would be leds. I am using ones from http://www.radlites.com/led_strips_boards.htm
They are for the most part inexpesive...i would just buy the leds myself and wire them but i kinda wanted a pre-made unit that was resistant to water so i bought these rubber coated ones so i dont have to mess with making it water tight.

You can probably get away with using the 3 led bar because the reflector should evenly distribute the light, but it is a new car and you might as well spend the extra $5 to get the 9 led bar...it is soo much brighter and looks nicer. (9 led bar cost $34 so for two you are looking at about $60) Not to bad of a price...although if anyone knows where to get small led strips ( cant be too long or wide 4 inches is the limit) like this that are brights and a good quality for cheaper would be nice.

Now i do know that there is a law that prohibits the number of lights on the front and rear of your car for sure. I think that in the front it is a limit of 4 light>reason why our fog lights turn off when the high beams are put on, and in the rear it is 3. The law also says what height the lights in the front and back must be from the ground(dont remember exactly what it is.) Dont know if these are laws in all states, but here in Jersey they are...we have laws on everything.
BUT do the mod anyway who cares...most police officers will not even notice it is a problem for the most part, and if they do they will not probably pull you over for just that. And if they do just sweat talk your way out of it and say you can never be too cautious and that your old car was rear ended and now you are paranoid about it.

I am trying to post pics with this but they will not load so anyone please help me on how to post them.
As soon as i get back from school i will try and make detailed instructions for this mod....till then feel free to post pics if you have done it youself and instructions if you have the time...thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reading Topic: Illuminating the Rear Relectors

for pics posting, the easiest way to do it is to is to use the following: (img)image web link(/img) (replacing the ()'s with the [ brackets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page