Shock Sensor - Self Install Last Night - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shock Sensor - Self Install Last Night

I originally was going to make a DIY for the board, but it really wouldn't make much difference since everyone's wire harness is bundled differently. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you don't know how or are uncomfortable with splicing wires. Make sure you have a good set of wire strippers that will strip/splice 20AWG, only a small set will work. Make sure you have plenty of light and are comfortable working in tight and awkward areas ;) ...otherwise don't even attempt it.

A multimeter would definitely make finding the correct Blue/Red(constant +12V) much easier, since there are 4 of them. The other two wires (Ground) and (Signal) are pretty much easy to find and splice into. It still took me an hour and half to do though.

Setting the sensitivity...I have it set up the whole way. I had turned it down some, and the same type "slap" on the windshield set it off, so I left the sensitivity all the way up. What bugs me is if I hit any of the other windows, it doesn't go off. If push the car's bumpers, it doesn't go off. I didn't try kicking the tires yet. Perhaps I'm supposed to leave some slack with the sensor being mounted on the harness. Or maybe its only supposed to go off with a severe shock of a sidelite or backlite breaking. Maybe someone else can share where they have the sensor mounted. Mine is mounted to the part of the wires that are completely wrapped with tape cause I didn't want the sensor being kicked while behind the carpet. Thats basically it though, and it works when you firmly "slap" or punch the windshield. I have some faith it will work if a glass is broken. After seeing what you get, its not worth the $60 at the dealer + installation. If you want more protection, look towards an aftermarket alarm. I paid $51 shipped from mazdastuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page