Horn failure might result in Check Engine LED - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Drivers License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Horn failure might result in Check Engine LED

Whell it was so, that last sunday our national basketball team had won the european champions title, so we had a crazy "party" in the streets. As a loyal fan I also drove to the streets and together with thousands of others pushed the horn of the car to the limit. actually, after some 15 minutes of such a non-stop beep ride my horn went down. It did beep still, but ~ 10% of it's normal volume. So I let it rest and forgot about it. monday moring I drove normaly without paying any attention to the car's behaiviour. but soon I noticed that my cruise-control doesn't set the speed. I pushed the horn, but it was totaly silent. I had no time for a service check, so I drove further. In a couple of days I noticed that the rear stop lights where not working. More over, next day the Engine Check LED came on. So I waited no more and drove to the dealer. After an hour they called me and informed that because of the horn (which is blown) some fuse went out and caused the stop signal to malfunction and because of this the engine check light went on. quite strange but they also told me, that because of this the cruise control could also been effected. though it now works without their interfierance. So they disconnected something that the circut would function without the horn, until it the new one will arrive. But today my horn started working at the same 10% power, though it didn't when i feched the car after the repair. a bit strange experience :) anyone came though something similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Drivers License

Reading Topic: Horn failure might result in Check Engine LED

sorry for a double post. strange things with my pc also :D
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 08:54 AM
Rally Racer

Reading Topic: Horn failure might result in Check Engine LED

Someone remind me to bring ear plugs, if I ever visit Lithuania.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page