Low-watt purple fog lights or head lights - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Low-watt purple fog lights or head lights

I think purple lights would look good with my redfire '6. Not purple purple, but the white-with-a-purple-tinge color you see from HID kits sometimes.

Anyway, I'm getting Silverstars, and since I have those fake fog light holes on the car, I was considering running some extra wire to put purely cosmetic bulbs in the adjacent holes. They'd turn on with the low beams, and look like fog lights, but be low-enough in wattage that it wouldn't hurt the car to run them parallel with the Silverstars.

Does such a thing exist?

Heck, for that matter, what lights do fit in the fog light sockets? Geez, I care so little about headlights, I don't think I've ever visited this section of the forum. I'm a n00B here :)

Understand suspensions? Please take the required measurements for my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and share them on this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 09:42 AM
Rally Racer

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to imammy Send a message via Yahoo to imammy
Reading Topic: Low-watt purple fog lights or head lights

foglights = H3 bulbs :)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 10:11 AM
SC3

Send a message via AIM to SC3

You may be better off doing what ZeroEfx did with his lowers. There is a space in the fuse box for isolating the voltage for the fogs. A simple tap from there could do it.

For integrated fogs you would have to buy the kit. I believe the the wire for the fogs should already exist in the headlamps (correct me if I'm wrong).

I've noticed that some Audi's have purplish HID head lights. They're not as bright as lower temp, but look really cool, or at least different. :D

-SC3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 03:49 PM
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MZ6ZoomZoom

Just keep in mind that none of these bulbs are as bright as the halogens now in your car.

2003 Mazda 6s Steel Grey, loaded, Eibachs, Eyelids, Door sills, tint
2001 Yamaha YZF-600R Black/Silver, V&H slip on, blacked out windshield
Moderator,

Administrator,

Boston Area People:
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Replying to Topic 'Low-watt purple fog lights or head lights'

Quote:
Originally posted by MZ6ZoomZoom

* * * * * * Just keep in mind that none of these bulbs are as bright as the halogens now in your car.[/b]
This is an interesting statement. So all those HID-like Xenon gas filled bulbs are just a bunch of bogus? The only brighter than stock halogen lights are the real HID and/or high output (80w or 100w) bulbs?

2016 6i Touring Manual
2003 6S Manual (retired)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MZ6ZoomZoom
Replying to Topic 'Low-watt purple fog lights or head lights'

Quote:
Originally posted by youngmth

Quote:
Originally posted by MZ6ZoomZoom

* * * * * * Just keep in mind that none of these bulbs are as bright as the halogens now in your car.[/b]
This is an interesting statement. So all those HID-like Xenon gas filled bulbs are just a bunch of bogus? The only brighter than stock halogen lights are the real HID and/or high output (80w or 100w) bulbs?[/b][/quote]

They are whiter/tinted color, so they look better. But that means their output temperature is higher, which means less light. (Although because they are whiter you usually think they're brighter)

2003 Mazda 6s Steel Grey, loaded, Eibachs, Eyelids, Door sills, tint
2001 Yamaha YZF-600R Black/Silver, V&H slip on, blacked out windshield
Moderator,

Administrator,

Boston Area People:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page