adjusting the front lights - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'adjusting the front lights'

I just used an allen wrench. Don't over adjust. IT WILL break and the headlight will just fall out of the bracket. I finally got mine fixed but after the initial adjustment (mine were pointing too low as well) I will NEVER touch those things again. The dealer did not charge me because I was pretty upset that the first time they weren't even checked before I drove home.

The world is my racetrack...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Replying to Topic 'adjusting the front lights'

Quote:
Originally posted by Traininwheels

* * * * * * Hex socket? *i'm assuming it'll fit over the entire screw instead of within it? *sorry.. i'm good with computers but i'm horrible with the actual tools... *anything past a phillips and a flat head and i'm screwed... *no pun intended *:D[/b]
the hex socket is just like a regular socket for a ratchet but instead of having an opening to go over a bolt, it has a short hex key sticking out. just makes it a lot easier to adjust the lights if you have one, if not a standard hex key will work.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 02:14 PM

Replying to Topic 'adjusting the front lights'

sorry i didnt update this but my friend had the correct size hex key and he was able to help me with the driver side light... but when it came to the passenger side, that reservoir was in the way. he took one look and he said.. OH, a screw driver will work too.. i looked at him crazy. i was like.. i already tried that ... and then he went and got one anyways.. then he placed it into those gear like teeth of the screw and started to turn them slowly... i guess the difference in mechanical skill and know how is very different between an IT person and a Computer Engineer(my friend is CE).

so now my lights are aimed just a little higher and i can see farther ahead... i havent had anyone flash me to tell me my lights are too high so i guess i got lucky with my aim.

thanks for all your help!~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page