cell phone plug always on - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replying to Topic 'cell phone plug always on'

Quote:
Originally posted by pgmr

Quote:
Originally posted by mr-patate

* * * * * * i like to use it to gharge my phone at the job or to plug a cooler on during summer, but the plug only work when key's are on!:([/b]
No, but a cooler drawing several amps might. Who knows what else he might want to plug in someday: Power inverter, big spotlight, air compressor, etc. Using an under-gauge supply line is asking for a fire.[/b][/quote]

The accesory outlets have the same fuse rating (15 amps) as the audio system and thus the same wire gauge. Mazda would have a problem if their wiring caught fire below the max current rating of the fuse for the circuit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mazda6guy

* * * * * * I like that it turns off. *I'm scared my battery will drain.[/b]
That's a good point, and probably why Mazda designed it that way. He'd be fine plugging in a phone charger because once it switches to trickle charge when the battery is full, it's drawing even less current. The cooler at constant draw of 4-5 amps would probably put a drain on the battery.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally posted by kyler13

Quote:
Originally posted by pgmr

Quote:
Originally posted by mr-patate

* * * * * * i like to use it to gharge my phone at the job or to plug a cooler on during summer, but the plug only work when key's are on!:([/b]
No, but a cooler drawing several amps might. Who knows what else he might want to plug in someday: Power inverter, big spotlight, air compressor, etc. Using an under-gauge supply line is asking for a fire.[/b][/quote]

The accesory outlets have the same fuse rating (15 amps) as the audio system and thus the same wire gauge. Mazda would have a problem if their wiring caught fire below the max current rating of the fuse for the circuit.

[/b][/quote]

While they may have the same fuse rating for the entire circuit, the little wire supplying a few milliamps to the radio to keep the presets alive is nowhere near the size one would need to supply the full 15 amps. I wouldn't use anything less than 14 gauge wire for a load of that size. Hooking that kind of draw to a little 22-24 gauge wire is simply asking for trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 11:34 PM

Reading Topic: cell phone plug always on

Speaking of battery draining, I wish the map lights would turn off after a few minutes. I can see myself leaving those one one day.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 09:10 AM
Track Racer

The map lights do turn off after a while. Leave it on one day and go back into the house for quick snack and come out and check. If you leave the door open to listen to music while you are chamoising the car, the interior light will turn off after a while. too. Hope it work.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MZ6ZoomZoom

Yeah I actually discovered this this morning. Went out, opened my door, wondered why the lights didn't come ON. THen I saw that I had another door open, closed that, and then opened my drivers door and the lights came on, then turned off when I shut it.

They auto-turn off if you leave a door open :)

2003 Mazda 6s Steel Grey, loaded, Eibachs, Eyelids, Door sills, tint
2001 Yamaha YZF-600R Black/Silver, V&H slip on, blacked out windshield
Moderator,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Administrator,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boston Area People:
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hieppo

* * * * * * The map lights do turn off after a while. *Leave it on one day and go back into the house for quick snack and come out and check. *If you leave the door open to listen to music while you are chamoising the car, the interior light will turn off after a while. too. *Hope it work.[/b]
No way, that's sweet. You mean the map lights that you have to turn on yourself, not the dome light that stays on when you leave a door cracked open?

If so, this is one feature that will prevent at least one or two headaches over the course of a few years, and I think I can use that as an excuse to have a drink. :D :D :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page