Changing Bulbs for headlights and front signals - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Changing Bulbs for headlights and front signals'

Whoa!! You must have some very small hands and eyes that can see around corners. I have normal/small hands and I can only just barely feel around once the rear cover is off..

For me, I could pull the bumper cover and headlight assembly and save time rather than fumbling around in that tight of space. Probably save me a few skinned knuckles, too.

Your install covers the High Beams but the orginal question was on the low beam removal. The passenger side bulb might be able to be pulled with out removal but on the drivers side the air box is way to close for me to get at the bulb

Just so everone knows, the turn signal bulbs can be replaced with out removing anything. Just rotate the tab and the bulb holder and bulb can be pulled out.
The Following User Says NO Thank You to LBJay For This Un-useful Post:
gambit74 (03-05-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:53 AM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Changing Bulbs for headlights and front signals'

The air box comes out pretty easily so you can get to the headlight assembly on the driver's side.

What kind of bulb is the front turn signals? Is is a yellow bulb, or is it a while bulb with yellow housing? What is the part number? It might be kind of cool to make them white.

Also, does anyone know the wattage of the stock H3 fog light bulbs? I suspect they are 55W, but I am not sure. It would be nice to make them a little brighter. Anyone have any ideas on that? I don't want to go to a 100W bulb since I am not sure the wiring can handle the added load.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to CoolGrey6

Quote:
Originally posted by LBJay

Just rotate the tab and the bulb holder and bulb can be pulled out.[/b]
LBJay,

I rotated the tap (the flat little thing that sticks out) of what I think holds the bulb and tried pulling it out. I couldn't get the tap out, either I didn't pull hard enough (didn't wanna break the tap) or I was pulling on the wrong thing since I didn't see any wires attached to the tap. So are we talking about the same tap or something else? Could you clerify a little bit more with more explanation?

Thanks, your help or anybody's help would be greatly appreciated. :)

TheSwamp6,

The front signals are orange, the housing is cleared so if you get those blue coloured xenonbulbs, they would look blue from the outside. Looks nice in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Rally Racer

Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Changing Bulbs for headlights and front signals'

You need to pull straight back. It takes a a little bit of pull. IIRC there is like a rubber O-ring gasket.

The whole turn signal assembly comes out. It is a tube with the amber bulb inserted in the end. There are no wires to worry about. The tube has metal strips on the side that line up with contacts to light the bulb, when it is inserted back in and rotated,
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:54 AM
neerajg

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

well you do not have to remove the headlights or the bumper. I also thought you have to do that. I dont have one, but i just changed my friends last night. you do have to take the airbox out of the drivers side, (5min) and the headlight harnessess. from the passenger side, take the harnessess out and unscrew the coolant resevoir (5min). This gives you access to everybulb in the housing, i changed the foglights, the lowbeams, the turnsignals, and the little bulb that tints the housing (194). the lights were hyper white and the 194 bulb was blue, let me tell you guys those lights looked so good. Install was really simple, you dont have to take the bumper and headlights out, and yes it was a V6 mazda 6. It can be done, just try it, total install time was about 30 min, 10 to take things out 10 to put bulbs in 10 to put things back. hope this helps. PS i own a protege Mazda rules! ZOOM ZOOM
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to CoolGrey6

Thx LBJay...I managed to take out the tube for the signals but I found out that the bulbs that I bought were not the right ones (they are 2357A, btw)...so I have to exchange them later. Your help was very useful...:)

I tried what Neerajg said about changing the low beams. IT WORKS except for a small little problem on the driver side. I could get my hands on the low beams on the passenger side very easily by just removing the white coolant container (only had to take out 3 screws). But on the driver side, there is one screw at the bottom of the airbox (not 100% sure if it is the airbox but it is the black box closest to the low beam) that I couldn't remove. There are 3 screws that holds that 'airbox' in place but I could only remove 2. So if Neerajg could explain how to remove that one last screw, that would be great. This would mean that it is not necessary to take out the bumper cover to change the low beams, if anyone is still wondering about swapping bulbs on a V6.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Your install covers the High Beams but the orginal question was on the low beam removal[/b]
I know what i did and the install is for the low beam. If you wanna come over i will change them for you!
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Rally Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by atom44wat

Quote:
Your install covers the High Beams but the orginal question was on the low beam removal[/b]
I know what i did and the install is for the low beam. [/b][/quote]

Yep, your correct, that was my mistake.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 08:33 AM

Anyone know the part number for the front signal bulbs? And is it the same as the rear turn signal bulbs?

That's good news about replacing the headlight bulbs. The stock bulbs, especially the fog lights, are a little dim.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 01:44 PM
neerajg

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

there are actually no bolts holding the airbox down, once you disconnect the cover and the filter, just pull the airbox straight up, its connected with some rubber crap underneath that just clips in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page