Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replying to Topic 'HID'

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve 6er

* * * * * * Does anyone know what color temperature output the Mazda6's original HID Xenon lamps have?

I would hope they have the 6000K and not only the 4100K, since you get much better light from the latter.

Anyway, to all of you who (like me) don't get HID in your package, it's real easy to buy them aftermarket (even though it won't be any cheaper than getting them factory mounted).

One (good) source for interested parties is:

http://www.autolamps-online.com/

They deliver worldwide. Haven't tried them out myself, but they look serious.[/b]
6000K is not the brightness but the color temp. 6000K gives you that purple head light look like in Le Mans racing. 6000K is actually dimmer. The brighest possible white light is 5000K. If you want to measure brightness look at the Lumens value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Retired Moderator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Replying to Topic 'HID'

I wasn't speaking about strenght, I was speaking of color temperature. 6000 K is giving better light than 4100 in regards to human eyes.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Track Racer

Replying to Topic 'HID'

Xterm,

You bought your HID in Singapore, how much did you pay? I will be taking a trip to Singapore this January for a few days. I was thinking picking up an HID kit if it is not too expensive and if it is good quality.

How hard was it to install the kit, did you install it or did someone else?

I don't think we get manual electrically adjusted headlight. I know what you mean about the manual adjustment. I recently seen the adjustment from a Nissan Murano.

By what I mean auto-levelling, it is a system with sensor on the suspension component that takes reading and sent to the processor to determine proper level for the headlight. It is all automatic without any human intervention. These system comes with upscale model from BMW, Audi, Mercesdes and now I see them in Lexus.

Let me know how much you got the HID kit and address. I would surely visit it when I go over there.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 09:24 PM
Track Racer

Replying to Topic 'HID'

Quote:
Originally posted by hieppo

* * * * * * Xterm,

You bought your HID in Singapore, how much did you pay? *I will be taking a trip to Singapore this January for a few days. *I was thinking picking up an HID kit if it is not too expensive and if it is good quality.

How hard was it to install the kit, did you install it or did someone else?[/b]
1) I paid SGD$680 for them. Based on today's exchange rate, that would be about US$385.55.

2) The kit comes complete with 2 bulbs (6000K); 2 starters and 2 ballasts and includes all the wiring required.

3) Installation was done by the shop which I purchased the lighting system from. It took them about an hour to complete the job which included drilling a hole (which was covered up by a rubber stopper for waterproofing for the wiring) in the plastic cover behind the headlight (in the engine compartment).

Quote:

I don't think we get manual electrically adjusted headlight. *I know what you mean about the manual adjustment. *I recently seen the adjustment from a Nissan Murano.

By what I mean auto-levelling, it is a system with sensor on the suspension component that takes reading and sent to the processor to determine proper level for the headlight. *It is all automatic without any human intervention. *These system comes with upscale model from BMW, Audi, Mercesdes and now I see them in Lexus.

Let me know how much you got the HID kit and address. *I would surely visit it when I go over there.

Thanks[/b]
Unfortunately, there's no legal requirement for Singapore-registered vehicles to come with headlight leveling systems (automatic or otherwise) but most new continental cars & surprisingly, the Mazda 6/Atenza comes with headlight leveling (most are non-automatic though).

Here is the address of the shop which I purchased the HID system:

No 17 Lorong Kilat
#01-11 Kilat Court
S(598139)

Price : $680 (incl. installation & 3% GST which will go up to 4% in January but you can get the GST back at the airport when you leave)

It's actually not too far from my home but a good 15-20 minutes from downtown Singapore by Taxi. Do give me a call so when you arrive. I just might be able to arrange for a Mazda Club Singapore (So far, only 3-4 Mazda 6 owners are members though) gathering in honour of your arrival. My mobile telephone number is 96789168. Country code is 65 but you don't need to dial that if you're already in Singapore.

Regards,

Vincent Wang
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Track Racer

Replying to Topic 'HID'

Quote:

* * * * * * Xterm,

You bought your HID in Singapore, how much did you pay? *I will be taking a trip to Singapore this January for a few days. *I was thinking picking up an HID kit if it is not too expensive and if it is good quality.

How hard was it to install the kit, did you install it or did someone else?

Thanks[/b]
Forgot to add...

The HID kit is made in Taiwan (R.O.C.) using Japanese technology. It's quite easy to install coz everything's more or less there. The only real problem I can tell is the fusebox and air-filter box getting in the way. Also, be very careful not to touch the bulbs (they have a perspex cover to prevent accidental touching while working though.

Another problem would be finding a place for the ballasts and starters heh...but I'll leave that up to your imagination ;) :D
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 10:06 PM
Retired Moderator

Replying to Topic 'HID'

About the hight adjustment systems from the prestige brands - do the adjust to the cars "avarage suspention hight" or do they compensate for bumps and acceleration/brake movement of the car?

Has Mazda 6 adjustable high/low beam or just low?

The systems is really cool anyway :) . If ju just turn the key to the step before igintion you can hear the Terminator-like servo sound of the lights "scanning" up and down calibrating themselfs :D Love it :D
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 09:19 AM
Track Racer

Replying to Topic 'HID'

Thanks Vincent,

The price is decent. I guess I can't find one at a steal. I might as well order them here in Canada since the price is the same and I don't have to lug it around on my vacation. Plus my car won't be mine until the end of January or beginning of February. I will take ownership when I get home for the trip.

Nice eh, go off relaxing on the other side of the continent and get back to a brand new Mazda 6. :D

Anyway, I will definitely give you a ring when I am in town. I would hang out with the Mazda 6 club and talk shop.

See you soon.

Hiep
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 07:58 PM
Track Racer

Replying to Topic 'HID'

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackbird

Has Mazda 6 adjustable high/low beam or just low?[/b]
I believe that the Mazda 6's height adjustment is for the entire headlamp cluster which includes high-beams, headlamps, headlamp foglamps and turn indicators (or at least, the ones brought in to Singapore are...)
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 08:00 PM
Track Racer

Replying to Topic 'HID'

Quote:
Nice eh, go off relaxing on the other side of the continent and get back to a brand new Mazda 6. *:D

Anyway, I will definitely give you a ring when I am in town. *I would hang out with the Mazda 6 club and talk shop.

See you soon.

Hiep[/b]
Very nice...go off for a vacation and come back with a brand spankin' new car waitin' at the garage heh...I was in Vancouver for 3 years (about 10 years back) doing college heh...which part of Canada are you at?

It's actually more of a Mazda Club than an exclusive Mazda 6 club hehehe...more 323s and Astina/Lantis running around than the 6 at the moment. :)
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 08:53 AM
Track Racer

Replying to Topic 'HID'

As you can see from my profile, I am from Toronto, Ontario. I have a friend from Malaysia that is a professor at Singapore University now. Anyway, will be nice to meet up with him and ask him to drive me to the Mazda club. :D

He was going to get a Mazda 6 too but the price was a bit more than he could afford. He then bought a Honda Civic. Oh well, can't win them all. He did say he love the new Mazda 6 though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page