DIY: 2016 Mazda6 Sub and Amp Install (Non-Bose) - Page 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiannius View Post
Im curious if the "OEM Radio Plug-n-Play Interface PAC AOEM-MAZ2" will let all the speakers keep their signals and simply create a new one for the sub, or if it steals a equal amount of signal from all the speakers to make them all even.
Go with the PAC AOEM-MAZ2. It just plugs in to an existing plug and it even gives you a remote turn on cable you can use for an amp. Make sure the sub you are installing has line level RCAs for input since that is what the PAC uses to output the signal. It does not take much power from the speakers and if you are using just 2 channels for the sub, then use the rear 2 so even if it made a slight difference (which is really shouldn't) then you will be able to notice it even less.

The PAC also has a kind of "gain" setting on it for each channel. Haven't looked up a ton on what it does but it can help boost the signal a little bit. Probably would also clip the signal or degrade it if you go too crazy with it.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Hope that helped and let me know if you have any other questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bosh For This Useful Post:
Stiannius (03-23-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
Go with the PAC AOEM-MAZ2. It just plugs in to an existing plug and it even gives you a remote turn on cable you can use for an amp. Make sure the sub you are installing has line level RCAs for input since that is what the PAC uses to output the signal. It does not take much power from the speakers and if you are using just 2 channels for the sub, then use the rear 2 so even if it made a slight difference (which is really shouldn't) then you will be able to notice it even less.

The PAC also has a kind of "gain" setting on it for each channel. Haven't looked up a ton on what it does but it can help boost the signal a little bit. Probably would also clip the signal or degrade it if you go too crazy with it.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Hope that helped and let me know if you have any other questions.
No worries, just happy to get some feedback. That was very helpful, now i know that if it runs via RCA i need the PAC and if it doesnt i dont.

Im only installing a under seat active subwoofer, some of them have a built in amp and some dont. The only sub ive owned is a 12" Ground Zero 600w so i dont know any other brands. But Alpine is the brand i have the most trust in and looking at the specs the Alpine PWE-S8 is the most appealing.

The choice is between:
  • Alpine SWE-1200
  • Alpine PWE-V80
  • Alpine PWE-S8
  • Pioneer TS-WX120A
  • Kenwood - KSC-SW11
  • JBL BassPro SL
post #53 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
I tried a PAC LOC on my mazda install, and it failed miserably. If you live close, ill give it to you. Ultimately my solution was a AudioControl LC7i.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have the PAC LOC - truly Plug and Play.. no cutting .. just put it into the mix.

What issues did u had?
post #55 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:26 PM

No output signal
post #56 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
There are potiometers inside where u can adjust the strength of the output signal.

Maybe u had a defective unit?
post #57 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:37 PM

I tried all that. Not to mention it was built like a cheap piece of junk.

i suppose it could be defective. I think i tried measuring output at the other end of the rca cable and wasn't getting anything? I'm not an expert in these matters, but when i put in the audioControl, it fixed the problem
post #58 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:05 PM
Learners License

Garage
Most of what ive read the PAC LOC is the easiest and best way to connect more speakers to the audio system. Although the AudioControl LC7i seems better, it also costs more than i want to spend only to connect a subwoofer, its either a PAC LOC or just splice the wires with the rear speakers. But if the PAC LOC i get dont work ill just returne it and get my money back.

Again, if anyone have some opinions about these brands please let me know which you liked the most. I only familiar with Ground Zero and Rockford Fosgate.
  • Alpine SWE-1200
  • Alpine PWE-V80
  • Alpine PWE-S8
  • Pioneer TS-WX120A
  • Kenwood - KSC-SW11
  • JBL BassPro SL
post #59 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 04:27 PM

those are all good brands. Kenwood for head unit, JBL for speakers, rockford for amplifiers.

The PAC LOC, Sure, try it, they are cheap and hopefully it will work for you. Thats why i got it. i was going to go with LC6i, but the 7 is actually a bit smaller in size, and i was trying to fit it in a small space. it ended up not fitting anyway, so i paid up for nothing, didnt want the accubass.

also, i was doing the whole system, repalced 6 factory speakers and added a sub, so it was a better value for me. I wouldnt get that to just power a sub, but if you paln on doing more upgrades later, might be worth to just get one and go from there, will have good part for future upgrade
post #60 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Learners License

Garage
For the time being i want to try adding only one sub, the stock speakers are decent enough but lack bass.

I know JBL make good PA speakers, but never heard much about their car speakers. But the BassPro SL doesnt seem too bad. Sadly theres very few videos on youtube where i can actually hear the quality, but from all the ones ive heard the BassPro sounds the best.

So if i went with the JBL sub, id only need a cable kit and the PAC LOC. Im guessing ill need a Amplifier Installation Kit with High Performance RCA Interconnect and Speaker Wire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page