DIY: Front bumper removal/HID install - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlaznboi55 View Post
I just went through the fender. Didn't need to remove the bumper.
When you say you went thruthe fender, did you remove the wheel? Or just remove the 3clips and pry back the fender plastic and reach. Thru? Thanks, tackling this tomorrow with my 55w kensun 6000k I just got for $50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I actually just completed this HID conversion without removing the bumper or the wheel wells! I removed the air filter flexible intake hose, then the cover, and the Fuse Box cover.. Then removed the 2 10mm bolts holding the Fuse box in place. That gave me an extra precious inch or so to get my hand through to the H11 low beam bulb.
I will post some pics once I figure out how, maybe in another DIY thread... it was surprisingly simple and easy, and I do not know for the life of me why someone would tear apart their bumper, other than completely hiding the Ballasts (which i like to get to mine easy n case of problems)
I mounted my slim ballasts nicely along the frame, with industrial sticky backed velcro, (again, in case i have to remove later)
I hope this helps others!
The Kit I used was Kensun H11 - 55w 6000k, ordered through Amazon and I love the brightness and color! Still has a nice cutoff level, not blinding at all. reminds me of my Acura I had, Bright white with a slight hint of blue!

1) i removed the Air filter housin cover you see in pic and the Fusebox cover. The ballast is shown nicely tucked away as stated in post

2) a little Stock (left) vs new 55w 6000k HID (right)

3) the finish

4) and the new girl by my girls at work

Last edited by Jsta22; 03-10-2015 at 11:03 PM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello can you please make a video or put more pictures as to how you did this? You're pretty much the only person that does this without ripping the car apart. It'll be greatly appreciated!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
yea taking off the bumpers again when a problem arises/ part fails

waste of time
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This is extremely helpful with the pictures - thank you!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 05:06 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 48 Times in 41 Posts
There was no need to do all that specially when he installed a low quality kit like ddm which comes with crappy ballasts. If the ballast goes wrong, you have to dismantle everything again, is not like he is installing Denso ballasts and oem bulbs to go and strap everything in there to make it worth the effort
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
good read........I see that your in Goldsboro, NC.......good to find someone is out that way ( my dad retired there USAF)

2015 6i sport MT 6 speed
12k fog lights, MV-Tuning bodykit, CS Motor Mount, Antenza badged, H&R springs, CS adjust shocks, quad exhaust tips, Megan Front Strut bar, Varrstoen L151 20x10.5+40, Achilles ATR Sport tires 245|35|20

SOLD..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.. (tear) 04 6i HB, JDM EVO VIII wing....
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
I just got my DDM HID's in today. I've been using DDM since 2008. Only had one problem and customer service corrected it in a decent manner. I'll probably install them today

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 03:46 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsta22 View Post
I actually just completed this HID conversion without removing the bumper or the wheel wells! I removed the air filter flexible intake hose, then the cover, and the Fuse Box cover.. Then removed the 2 10mm bolts holding the Fuse box in place. That gave me an extra precious inch or so to get my hand through to the H11 low beam bulb.
Thank you for the fuse box tip. Although I couldn't see the pics in your post (looks like they are expired), I installed my HIDs the same way and it saved me a lot of hassle compared to going through the fender or taking off the bumper. Worked well for me. It is a tight squeeze and if you have really large hands it's going to be tough.

Does anybody notice the ballasts buzz at startup? The buzzing goes away after a few seconds but I'm curious if this is normal? FWIW I installed Morimoto XB35s with the relay harness.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
No need in removing the bumper to put on led bulbs on the fog lights look for a You Tube video how to do it super easy and since our 6’s have projector lights on the low beam HID kits is what you need to have good bright lights eBay has OPT7 Blitz 55 watt for $39.99 and the relay for $6.99 no relay no lights and the high beam one can use led bulbs I used 5K lights so the cops won’t pull me over one other thing view the You Tube video how to install high beams and low beams another tip some say 55 watts get hot but the factory halogen bulbs get hotter so buy the better 55 and not the 35 watt bulbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page