GJ Time Slips - Post Here! - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
2018 Mazda 6 Signature with 1300 km on the odometer. Ran at Saskatchewan International Raceway. 1600 feet altitude. Best mph on the night was 93.12. Stock set up aside from K&N drop in filter. Fuel was a mix of 91 Octane from Costco and 94 Octane from Husky. Outside temperature around 23 degrees Celsius with a slight cross wind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SIRSlip.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	221906  
2018Mazda6Turbo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Hey folks, I know you wanna know your 1/4 mile and 0-60 times but for sake of the longevity-of-service life of your engines maybe refrain from the highest rpm's and throttle openings 'till you have, mebe 8000 km / 5000 miles? I don't want to debate whether break-in is necessary or not - but what is the downside of erring on the side of caution and assuming it is?

Cdn17Sport6MT
Vancouver, BC Canada
Cdn17Sport6MT is online now  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT View Post
Hey folks, I know you wanna know your 1/4 mile and 0-60 times but for sake of the longevity-of-service life of your engines maybe refrain from the highest rpm's and throttle openings 'till you have, mebe 8000 km / 5000 miles? I don't want to debate whether break-in is necessary or not - but what is the downside of erring on the side of caution and assuming it is?
As far as I'm concerned, modern day engines are ready to rock and roll right off the assembly line. The biggest thing I hear is to try to vary your speed (and therefore RPM) for the first couple of hundred km (IE: Don't hit the highway for 5 hours right after taking delivery and set the cruise to 115 km/h the whole time). I took my new turbo 6 to the track with 1300 km on it. I can't see how any harm would come to the motor at that point. 15 seconds of full throttle acceleration should be a walk in the park compared to what most manufacturers subject their motors to during testing.
BrianU likes this.
2018Mazda6Turbo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 10:27 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018Mazda6Turbo View Post
2018 Mazda 6 Signature with 1300 km on the odometer. Ran at Saskatchewan International Raceway. 1600 feet altitude. Best mph on the night was 93.12. Stock set up aside from K&N drop in filter. Fuel was a mix of 91 Octane from Costco and 94 Octane from Husky. Outside temperature around 23 degrees Celsius with a slight cross wind.
Not too shabby. Auto or manual? Were you brake boosting off the line of just mashing on the gas?
psychomantis is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 11:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Thanks: 26
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by keck03 View Post
... to get the weight to transfer and then the car to squat better at launch.
Why would you want a FWD car to do this?

2004 Mazda6 Sport Wagon
2017 MX5 Grand Touring
2016 CX5 Grand Touring

I work at a Mazda dealer


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dave in edmonds is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
2018 mazda 6 turbo
1/4 miles in 14.199s at 98.37mph
94 octane petro canada.
https://youtu.be/Axet0clRKRo
Babs is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Babs For This Useful Post:
Chazzy J (10-01-2018)
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Thanks: 20
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT View Post
Hey folks, I know you wanna know your 1/4 mile and 0-60 times but for sake of the longevity-of-service life of your engines maybe refrain from the highest rpm's and throttle openings 'till you have, mebe 8000 km / 5000 miles? I don't want to debate whether break-in is necessary or not - but what is the downside of erring on the side of caution and assuming it is?
Yes, the break-in is 100% necessary and very important. After 3000 miles you can do as much full throttle as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018Mazda6Turbo View Post
As far as I'm concerned, modern day engines are ready to rock and roll right off the assembly line. The biggest thing I hear is to try to vary your speed (and therefore RPM) for the first couple of hundred km (IE: Don't hit the highway for 5 hours right after taking delivery and set the cruise to 115 km/h the whole time). I took my new turbo 6 to the track with 1300 km on it. I can't see how any harm would come to the motor at that point. 15 seconds of full throttle acceleration should be a walk in the park compared to what most manufacturers subject their motors to during testing.
Nonsense.
Get Inline is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Mazda 6 turbo 14.04s 1/4mile .

https://youtu.be/sUQPuV-41dM
Babs is online now  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Registered User
 
Chazzy J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Mazda 6 turbo 14.04s 1/4mile .

https://youtu.be/sUQPuV-41dM
Nice! Now I'm absolutely convinced you can get this car into the 13s with a decent set of tires.

2018 Mazda6 Signature
- Soul Red/Parchment
Chazzy J is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Yes this car is fast and fun to drive.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzy J View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Mazda 6 turbo 14.04s 1/4mile .

https://youtu.be/sUQPuV-41dM
Nice! Now I'm absolutely convinced you can get this car into the 13s with a decent set of tires.
Chazzy J likes this.
Babs is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome