Drive my track car for charity! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile Drive my track car for charity!

It's time for the Tarheel Sports Car Club's 8th Annual Jimmy V Foundation for Cancer Research Autocross - July 21 & 22 in Fayetteville, NC. As a club member and supporter I’m offering the CanyonRider Mazda6 track car for you to drive. I’ll provide fuel, tires, brake pads, helmet, harnesses and instruction (if needed). You provide transportation to & from the event, your meals and lodging (if required). All proceeds going to the V Foundation.

Post your bids here in this thread - pay at the event (I handle no money). Minimum bid is $35 which covers the entry fee – but hoping for a bit more for the V Foundation. It is a two day event, but I only have an opening for a co-driver on Sunday.

To aid the cause, they’ll be doing the traditional raffle for great prizes donated by club sponsors with all types of fun automotive related goodies.

There is an official THSCC hotel with an outdoor pool that's 2.7 miles right down the road from the coliseum.
Holiday Inn Fayetteville-Bordeaux
1707 Owen Drive
Fayetteville, NC
(910) 323-0111
http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/ ... oteldetail

The event is listed on the V Foundation website:
http://www.jimmyv.org/event-categories/ ... ty-events/

The event also has a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/378501498881009/

Drive a track prepared Mazda6 for a good cause! You’ve followed the build – now drive it! This forum is the only place I am offering this opportunity - aimed at fellow Mazda6 enthusiasts. Valid driver’s license is required but no Autocross experience necessary. Show up and drive! Post up your bids! Bids close at noon EST on Friday 7/20/12 to allow time to arrange logistics.

The links above should provide all the event info, but post question if you have them! It is a rain or shine event.

CR

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Threads:

Like our Race Team's Facebook page:

My YouTube Channel for in-car track videos:

Last edited by CanyonRider; 07-14-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Over 900 views and no love for Jimmy V!? No one wants to thrash my car through the cones? I promise to shower and use deodorant . . .

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 778 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2855 Post(s)
Thanked 4,046 Times in 2,840 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Didn't even see this thread to be honest. I'd love to but that's too far of a drive for me, I just don't have the time.

Free bump though

Great cause btw - thanks for offering this.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Ya'll missed a very good time. The Mazda6 was a blast.

Not much weight on that right rear tire. :-)

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

Last edited by CanyonRider; 07-23-2012 at 02:01 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Here's the course layout - pretty good use of a big parking lot.

111 cars, 5 runs each ranging from 36sec to 56sec - median was about 40sec.

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Since I didn't have a co-driver on Sunday, I was able to offer rides to a few folks. I always get a kick out of their reaction after we cross the finish. Notice how much I turn the wheel to the right during the first LH sweeper. Not the fastest run, but entertaining.

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
^^ So jealous. That looked like a blast.

The passenger loved that you almost hit the outside cones haha.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.

The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
CanyonRider (07-24-2012)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

This pic was snapped just a tad too late to catch the backend sliding and the front wheels spinning hard.

We even got the local Po-Po to run with us for a good cause. :-)

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

Last edited by CanyonRider; 07-28-2012 at 03:26 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

So I've been playing with my RaceRender software and telemetry data - hoping to produce some decent video from VIR next month. I know you are dying to see the 6 pass some cars.

Here is the same video I posted above, except higher video quality, better arrangement of data display and the addition of a lateral -g-force meter. For VIR, I think I can also add a lap counter and lap timer - that'll be cool. Wadaya think?

You can see how dirty my windshield is now. :-)

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
^^ Very Cool. My problem is at times I find myself more interested in the G-Force meter than you driving because I'm a science/physics nerd

Oh and Clean your car!

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page