Prepping as dedicated track car - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 641 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanib View Post
hey, you left the steering wheel. That must be another 3 lbs right there
Good point. The air bag is about 2lbs. The passenger's is about 5lbs.

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Threads:

Like our Race Team's Facebook page:

My YouTube Channel for in-car track videos:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 641 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

The tear down continues . . .

Here we finally have the dash out. A person could suffer a death of a thousand cuts getting that thing out of there.

Here's another shot after the heater/AC box has been removed.

And here we are with the structural part from the dash assembly re-installed to support the steering column.

Almost done stripping the cabin!

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CanyonRider For This Useful Post:
Final Impact (01-09-2013), The Great NY (09-04-2011)
post #13 of 641 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
racing seat going in of course?

07 6i tungsten grey metallic: clear side markers (purple LEDs), magnaflow catback, full Polk audio sound system, OZ superleggeras (gunmetal), 6000k HID's, badgeless grill, stickerbombed wink mirror, rain guards, red calipers

something funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 641 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonducks View Post
racing seat going in of course?
That's what I'm working on. I got the feet cut off the Mazda's seats and adapting them to my race seats. This will be the third car I've had these seats in - they're starting to look a bit ratty, but I'm cheap.

I'll post a pic tomorrow when I get them set in place.

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

post #15 of 641 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Drizzoh Send a message via MSN to Drizzoh Send a message via Yahoo to Drizzoh
This is a win. CF hood/trunk going on as well along with a lightweight battery?

And, you should be able to drop ~20 lbs just by switching to coilovers. They were a night and day weight difference between my MS Hatch springs & bilsteins. Also, with the decreased weight in the front corners, the steering is much quicker/lighter.

Andrew |

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 641 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 11:13 PM
banana boat.

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 46 Times in 43 Posts
Looks great.

I will tell you that the long tubes CPE make sound like hell, would def recommend making your own if capable. Also,the CP-Es are designed for 03-05, and IIRC don't fit the 06-08 as a direct bolt on....

I could use the A pillar cover(mine is drilled into)

I could also use the LCD display for the radio if all the lines work

and finally the map box for my idiot friend who broke his.

GL with the build. will be curious to see how this compares weight wise with what logan ripped out of his.

post #17 of 641 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzoh View Post
This is a win. CF hood/trunk going on as well along with a lightweight battery?
Did I mention I was cheap? I'll be removing all the structure from the body panels leaving just the skins, but no carbon fiber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzoh View Post
you should be able to drop ~20 lbs just by switching to coilovers. They were a night and day weight difference between my MS Hatch springs & bilsteins. Also, with the decreased weight in the front corners, the steering is much quicker/lighter.
I've run coilovers on other cars and hope to on this car as well. I'll need to sell more parts.

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

post #18 of 641 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper66 View Post
Looks great.

I will tell you that the long tubes CPE make sound like hell, would def recommend making your own if capable. Also,the CP-Es are designed for 03-05, and IIRC don't fit the 06-08 as a direct bolt on....
CPE headers already on.

Quote:
I could use the A pillar cover(mine is drilled into)
Send me a PM with your Zip code and I'll send you a price with shipping.

Quote:
could also use the LCD display for the radio if all the lines work
Sorry, Mine is no better a few lines don't work at times.

Quote:
finally the map box for my idiot friend who broke his.
Sorry, Map box and lid is sold.

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

post #19 of 641 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

First mock up of the seats. Still some work to do.

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

post #20 of 641 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Brackets made and seats bolted in. Working on cleaning up the wiring harness - that will complete the stripping of the interior. Next, remove the AC compressor and front & Rear bumpers. Need to get the harnesses in and pass tech before the Sept 9th event at VIR.

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got

My Threads:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page