Discount Tire penny for your thoughts! - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
the search process could be layed out a little better. you don't currently have an option to filter tires by type-summer/winter/all season etc (unless i couldn't find it). i've had General tires before and like how they handle and ride, so i was kinda bummed when you didn't have any General tires in 17's, and the only General in 18 is the General Exclaim UHP (summer tire). the interacative wheel system actually loaded pretty fast for me considering i'm using wireless with bad connection speeds. i only saw 2 wheel brands for my 2006 6i, maybe expand the brands and wheels under each brand in the near future?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/2004 6S MTX Glacier Silver Metallic/
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:38 PM

Groans: 11
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
I agree, the interactive wheel thing is really cool. I wish you guys had a larger rim selection (as in variety, no 30" rims, lol). I had to get mine elsewhere. That virtual car/wheel thing is huge though.. it's very hard to tell what wheels will look like until you see them on your car. Great tire selection, and the performance reviews from tests & customer reviews are very helpful. Thanks!

2006 MS6 GT W/ Navi (40K):

T3 Twinscroll GT3076 .60 A/R w/ .78 3" V-Band Hotside, SteedSpeed Top Mount Mani w/ Tial 38 EWG + Hallman MBC @25psi, Custom DJ Intake/DP/Oil Lines. CPE HPFP, CPE FMIC+HKS BOV, CPE Injector Seals, 3" GHL CBE +Res, EGR Delete, BSD w/ Gpwerks Baffle, Labonte W/M Kit w/ FS & D05 Nozzle, Stage 2 STS, H&R Sport Springs, CPE Rear Diff Mount, SU RMM, SPCs. 385awhp/370awtq Uncorrrected & 369/357 SAE

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 AM

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to MY_LO_MAZDA6
i only found 2 winter tires with the size 215/50/17. 1 of which didn't have any pics or info on the tire except the price.

is that because it isn't winter? lol..maybe i'm just thinking too far ahead, but more options would be nice.

My Ride: 05 6s, Lapis Blue, ATX, Bose, Black Cloth, 107k miles

Looks Mods: 18" Kyowa K206's wrapped in 225/40 General Exclaim UHP's, Tanabe GF210 Springs, 35% tint, Badgeless Grill, Clear OEM tails, Clear sidemarkers, Stubby Antenna, Debadged Sides/Rear, Rear Evil 'M', Brake Light Mod, Fog Light/DRL Mod, Painted Brake Calipers

Performance Mods: MSDS Headers, WeaponX Coils, MSD Stacker 8, CPE Mafci, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, SU Aggressive Wishbone Mount, Cordova Optimized Throttle Body, Steeda Throttle Body Spacer, Throttle Body Ground, Bosch Platinum IR Fusion Sparkplugs, EGR Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Learners License

I love the site, but I agree the colors in the palette aren't quite right. I have a 04 Sepang Green M6 with the sport package and there isn't a color or style to match it up there (It is a light silvery-green) and the wheels they show on there (stock) are the 16" alloys.

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Great feedback everyone. I'm happy to see all the participation here. Thank you.

QUOTE (SamSamSam @ Sep 2 2009, 06:55 PM)
Quote:
Wow I like the free shipping to Canada! I need new summer tires for next summer.. Just wondering, can you guys use USPS instead of UPS for shipping to Canada?[/b]
The Free Shipping is through UPS ground. If you want to ship USPS we may be able to do it for you but it wouldn't be free. Give us a call if you would like to explore your options. 1.888.459.4080.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Groans: 15
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
like most said the interactive wheel thing is nice, but when selecting mazdaspeed6 one would expect to see that vehicle. i think this will help those select the wheel that looks best. its hard to see how a wheel will look on a speed6 if the car shown is a regular 6 as although they are both 6's there are differences that can set off the way a wheel looks.

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I went to the site looking for winter tires, for the upcoming winter, and couldn't find any way to distinguish between different types (Summer, All season, winter, etc.). That is the biggest thing for me and would prob. shop there more. Also, as anywhere, price matching would be a HUGE plus! Don't know if you do it or not, but it would drive me to buy from DT every time!
As for the wheels, I love all the styles! but that's just my personal preference. I'll be going with the MB Wheels Twist's if I win
I didn't like how our body style (MAZDASPEED edition) isn't available. Also, the wheels I'm looking at aren't available to place even on the 6 body style, as with others. So I'll just Photoshop them on, but many people cannot do that.
I love the site design, especially the front page, very uniform scheme, and pleasing at the same time. I come from a Web Dev background FYI. A+ on the site! Just needs some more filter criteria.

2pennies added. Good luck to everyone!

new dd: 2005 Nissan Xterra black SE
| its an SUV what do U want |
dd: 2006 MS6 black sport
| gone |
fun: 2008 Yamaha R6s
| gone |

<<<<
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackCherry06
Not to be &#39;me too&#39; about it, but I do have to reiterate some of the above comments about the version of the Mazda 6 you use for the &#39;see it on your car&#39; section. A base 2.3i looks a lot different than a 3.0S or a Mazdaspeed 6 and when you add that to the lack of colors (Black Cherry Mica, in my case) it&#39;s really hard to get a clear picture of how your wheels will look on my car.

I&#39;d also like to see some &#39;cleaner&#39; 5 & 6 spoke designs from you. If you read around in this forum, there are MANY owners that really like the look of the RX-8 wheels on their 6, which have a very clean, bordering on generic look to them. All the fancy cuts, grooves, etc. that I&#39;m seeing in most, if not all your 5-spoke offereings don&#39;t flatter our cars very much.

I&#39;m considering trading my Mazdaspeed 6 for the new 2010 Kia Forte Koup when it arrives, and I&#39;ll be looking to you for some good designs. The stock wheels on the Koup are horrible, so I&#39;ll be looking for a replacement rather quickly if I decide to go with the car. Just a heads up for ya...let&#39;s see that car on your site ASAP!

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Track Racer

QUOTE (MY_LO_MAZDA6 @ Sep 2 2009, 09:09 PM)
Quote:
i only found 2 winter tires with the size 215/50/17. 1 of which didn&#39;t have any pics or info on the tire except the price.

is that because it isn&#39;t winter? lol..maybe i&#39;m just thinking too far ahead, but more options would be nice. [/b]
Our winter stock is arriving now. More and more product should be listing for winter tires in the next few weeks. Check checking with us and if you need further assistance please call us. Discount Tire would love to earn your business and would be happy to make some winter tire suggestions.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 12:08 PM

I like the new look. I have been a customer for years and like the feature to see a rim I want without having to load the IWS separately. I have a MINI Cooper and appreciate that the image looks realistic instead of cartoonish.

My only suggestion would be to add more filters to the IWS so i can shop that way and get rid of silver wheels if im shopping for black.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page