Mazda Drops 6 spots in Reliability-Consumer Reports - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
GWL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Mazda Drops 6 spots in Reliability-Consumer Reports

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...they-stack-up/

Ranked at #12 this year because of CX-9, last year #6 .

I wonder where the CX-9 is going wrong, I was thinking of purchasing one after a few more years with my 6.

Anybody know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I'm rather fond of the new cx9 and with so few wagon options available I have been considering a used one in about 5 years to replace my 6s wagon. I'd be interested to know what the issues are.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 11:43 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
The new cx9's are gorgeous! It's definitely in my future. I think the only other suv more gorgeous than that is the xc90. Hopefully Mazda gets it together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 01:50 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
That does not sound good for Mazda, but I agree that the new CX9 looks good
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 43 Times in 36 Posts
lol taking consumereports as gospel? those guys have bought and sold by big companies, they always love to hate on American cars and have bias towards Honda/Toyota because that's what their readers and most people falsely believe and buy into. Ultimately, their data is completely gathered from surveys of their reader base who self-report issues. Therein lies the problem; people don't know what their own issues are.
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Mazda6Suspension For This Un-useful Post:
GWL (01-15-2018)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
CR lost me years ago when the Chevy Cavalier was on the recommended list when all around us were Cavaliers that were literally falling apart and had tons of quality issues even with low miles. I do my own research by going to forums of the car make and models and reading about what the issues were that were being experienced and of course my own personal and friends/family experiences. With cars I'm interested in as well I use carproblems.com to help identify potential major issues and fixes that might be available with drill down on what those are i.e. clutch issues with Mazda3 in the 2010 year models or the infamous transmission failure issue with the Honda Accord (and other with same) v-6 models. I've found that site helpful in doing a decent job in capturing issues that can help staying away from problematic issues. I haven't or don't see issues with current Mazda6 2.5L engine especially when coupled with the manual transmission and also with the 2016 CX-9 as of yet anyway since it's a new model.

2017.5 Mazda6 Touring 6sp. manual Deep Crystal Blue, Fog Lights
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 43 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMazda6 View Post
CR lost me years ago when the Chevy Cavalier was on the recommended list when all around us were Cavaliers that were literally falling apart and had tons of quality issues even with low miles. I do my own research by going to forums of the car make and models and reading about what the issues were that were being experienced and of course my own personal and friends/family experiences. With cars I'm interested in as well I use carproblems.com to help identify potential major issues and fixes that might be available with drill down on what those are i.e. clutch issues with Mazda3 in the 2010 year models or the infamous transmission failure issue with the Honda Accord (and other with same) v-6 models. I've found that site helpful in doing a decent job in capturing issues that can help staying away from problematic issues. I haven't or don't see issues with current Mazda6 2.5L engine especially when coupled with the manual transmission and also with the 2016 CX-9 as of yet anyway since it's a new model.
I had a chevy cavalier. The engine is the only good thing about that car in terms of reliability. Everything else is crap quality lol I had the cavalier for 10 years and not once it failed me, but the interior and exterior was going to shit. Nothing but regular maintenance.

As I've said before, consumer reports probably gets paid by companies, especially auto makers.

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 01-14-2018 at 03:34 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My Gf's mom was looking to get the new CX9. We all went for a test drive. She said "not fast enough." She ended up with an Edge with a V6... couldn't talk her into a Mazda Once I start a family, I would get a CX-9, it's probably the best looking and fun to drive SUV in this range.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
GWL

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
lol taking consumereports as gospel? those guys have bought and sold by big companies, they always love to hate on American cars and have bias towards Honda/Toyota because that's what their readers and most people falsely believe and buy into. Ultimately, their data is completely gathered from surveys of their reader base who self-report issues. Therein lies the problem; people don't know what their own issues are.
I have found it useful, previous vehicles had issues with transmission and in CR it had a solid black circle.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 03:01 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I stopped paying attention to CR when I cancelled my subscription in 2005 due to their overt bias and favored brands, and many reviews from them that just didn't wash....YMMV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page