Reaching 100k Miles in a 3rd Generation - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 12:30 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello
What is OVTune? Is it listed in the manual? And at how many miles?
Thanks in advance!
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 39 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmy96 View Post
Hello
What is OVTune? Is it listed in the manual? And at how many miles?
Thanks in advance!
Ron
https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...nt=27254804358

a $560 tune that is supposed to give you 20-30 hp on premium gas, but if you to dyno it, it'd probably a lot less than that, you're better off spending that on the suspension, but hell if you have money to burn
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to toy4x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...nt=27254804358

a $560 tune that is supposed to give you 20-30 hp on premium gas, but if you to dyno it, it'd probably a lot less than that, you're better off spending that on the suspension, but hell if you have money to burn
Listen to this guy... He knows everything!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Mazda 6 GT Reflex Blue Mica
Black Chrome 19" Stock Wheels
Formula 1 Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 30% * Air Blue 80 Windshield Tint
OEM Splash Guards
AIO Tweaks
Tanabe Medalion Exhaust & NF210 Lowering Springs
Koni FSD Shocks / Struts

Last edited by toy4x; 08-16-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4x View Post
Listen to this guy... He knows everything!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
the car already has more than enough power for you make lane changes and pass other cars, especially with the kickdown gas pedal, whatever hp this overpriced tune may give you, would only be a slight increase of power in real life, you will feel it, but it won't really do much for your car, if you want to improve your car, you have to start with the suspension, considering is what this car excels at, handling.

a proper set of springs and shocks, rear sway bar, front strut bar, camber arms, a proper alignment, good tires

$560 for a tune and is still gonna get beat by a civic next to it
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
It's not the HP, it's the lower-range torque that's worth the money.

I can switch between stock and the OVT on demand (just need my laptop with me) and if you drove my car with the two you'd choose the OVT flash every time.

The difference is not subtle -- at all -- any more than nozzles were on my ALH Jetta.

I took the latter in for a recall and the guy who did the work came up to me and asked "what the hell did you do to that car?" when he gave the keys back to me.

When I had my "6" window seals done (under recall) the guy who worked on it asked me the same thing.

Yeah.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickerguy View Post
It's not the HP, it's the lower-range torque that's worth the money.

I can switch between stock and the OVT on demand (just need my laptop with me) and if you drove my car with the two you'd choose the OVT flash every time.

The difference is not subtle -- at all -- any more than nozzles were on my ALH Jetta.

I took the latter in for a recall and the guy who did the work came up to me and asked "what the hell did you do to that car?" when he gave the keys back to me.

When I had my "6" window seals done (under recall) the guy who worked on it asked me the same thing.

Yeah.
Anyone would choose the car with the OVT tune, but for free

Also, it seems many people from the OVT tune thread are concerned with long term reliability with this tune. You can have the OVT dude claim all the wants about not seeing any problems or anything, but he ain't nostradamus and this tune hasn't been around for many years. Remember, he is trying to sell a service, you think he is gonna tell you bad things will happen? LOL We simply don't know if this tune will cut the engine's life in half or not. Why risk reducing the life of your vehicle for a little more speed?

Maybe, if you don't plan to keep the car for too long, but those $560 could be used towards a car with a bigger engine anyway. If you plan to keep the car for 10 years, is not worth the risk.

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 08-16-2017 at 11:15 PM.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
...Also, it seems many people from the OVT tune thread are concerned with long term reliability with this tune. You can have the OVT dude claim all the wants about not seeing any problems or anything, but he ain't nostradamus and this tune hasn't been around for many years.

I think you missed the part where Ticker Guy indicated that he has over 90,000 miles (at least) with the tune, and has had zero reliability issues with it. In fact, I don't recall reading of anyone who's had reliability issues associated with the tune....so, there's that.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Actually, I have over 110,000 miles on the car now.... virtually all of them with the tune.

And zero issues.

Oh, I also have UOA's to back up that nothing bad internally is going on either.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Does tickerguy owe mazda6suspension money or something?

Why in the world is he this concerned about how somebody he's never met (I assume) spends his money? If $560 makes the car more enjoyable to drive every time you get in it, why not do it?

As much as I have enjoyed my new to me 6, I have to admit the car would benefit from better low and mid-range torque. I understand it is designed with economy in mind and it is only an NA 4-cylinder engine pulling a fair amount of car around - you can only get so much from it. If this tune helps with that then it is an interesting proposition.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 747 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2710 Post(s)
Thanked 3,981 Times in 2,797 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrider View Post
Does tickerguy owe mazda6suspension money or something?

Why in the world is he this concerned about how somebody he's never met (I assume) spends his money? If $560 makes the car more enjoyable to drive every time you get in it, why not do it?

As much as I have enjoyed my new to me 6, I have to admit the car would benefit from better low and mid-range torque. I understand it is designed with economy in mind and it is only an NA 4-cylinder engine pulling a fair amount of car around - you can only get so much from it. If this tune helps with that then it is an interesting proposition.
tickerguy is a well-respected forum member who has contributed in many places with his experience and expertise. He's an excellent example of the OVTune working exactly as it should, and being worth every penny if you're looking for low-end torque.

Mazda6Suspension has very strong opinions that never take into account other people's experiences

Mazda6Suspension, Seiya, please give it a rest. If I want to spend $500 on a gold statue of The Rock to place on my dashboard, LET ME. It's MY car, it's MY money, and they're MY opinions.

I've heard nothing but good things about the low-end torque from OV's tune - and that's what it's geared towards. These cars are fine as they are, but if you're someone like me who came from the V6 Mazda 6, you miss that extra "oomph" when you get on it to pass someone.

Also - $500 towards a full engine upgrade/replacement is not going to get you too far.
neenwht6 likes this.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page