Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 24 Times in 20 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to karlt10
Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires

I'll just say it- I'm beyond impressed with these tires.

Dry weather is excellent. Acceleration, handling and braking are all improved over the Yokohama AvidEnvigor and BFGoodrich SuperSport TA I previously ran. Steering response is the highlight of improvements. And there is zero road noise.

Rain behavior is excellent. Great traction from a dead stop as well as once under way.

But what has blown me away is the snow and ice capability. I've had a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on 2nd rims since I bought my 6 and I've always swapped them on and off when it snows. But not now.... I've ran the Continental is 2"& 3" inch somewhat icy snowfalls with zero problems. And I've now run them in a 6.5" snowfall, again with zero problems. All 3 times I swear it's been like I was on my Blizzaks.

I'm at the point where I will probably sell the Blizzaks, and I can't picture anything that will cause me to buy different tire when this first set of Continentals are dead.

Eibach springs / MazdaSpeed bars / Bilstein / Steeda Adj FR links / Racing Beat RR links / GTSpec Rear Susp & Trailing Braces / Steeda shock tower brace
EBC Ultimax rotors & pads / StopTech lines / Motul fluid
MSDS headers / Magnaflow cat / Racing Beat mufflers / Cork Sport urethane hangers / WeaponX coils / AER CAI / Fluidampr pulley
EGR mod / FilterMag / Street Unit engine mount /
B&M trans cooler / Amsoil fluid
Mazda iPod adapter
/ CX7 antenna
Continental Extreme DWS / Bridgestone Blizzak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I run the DW series and like you say they are top notch . I tried several different brands over the years and researched these and the reviews were spot on . The best tires I've ever owned . Like you say , in the rain on the highway OMG ! Awesome ! The quietness goes away some after while but they are still way better than the others I've tried.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Groans: 45
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
I'm on my 2nd set since I loved the 1st set so much. In addition, they have great tread wear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Mazda 6s GT - Rotora BBK, KSport coilovers, 19" TSW, Injen CAI, Addco RSB, AWR rmm |
2012 Genesis Coupe Turbo
- 2012 Hyundai Coupe 2.0T - ARK, DEPO, HKS, RMR, Prodigy, Sequence, SFR, Stillen, TXS, Varrstoen |

Plasti dip is for tool handles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I have the DWS on my wagon also. Totally agree, I love these tires. Great all-around traction.

Gone but not forgotten
Manual 06' 3.0 Wagon
Tein S-Techs, Flush tails, TWM shifter & more

New Bitch:
03' Protege5 follow me on IG @Hova_Wins

-{Enter Witty Remark Here}-

My
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Man i must b a f'up. I had those, and hated them. Very glad they worked for y'all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Don't care enough to think of anything funny
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
contis

I have had a set on for 30,000+ miles. Wear is reasonable, not great. While they were quiet when new, now they rumble down the road. Great on wet roads. No experience in snow.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SoonJr View Post
Man i must b a f'up. I had those, and hated them. Very glad they worked for y'all.

Just curious, can you elaborate on what didn't you like about them? I was going to get a set of DWS's, but due to them not being available when I needed tires, wound up with Yokohama YK580's instead. I hate the YK580's. Dry traction is shit - they squeal with little provocation, wet grip is poor also. The only good think about the YK580's is they seem very excellent at hydroplaning resistance, but I'm guessing that whatever makes them great at hydroplaning resistance is what makes them horrible for the other 99% of conditions. I'm from the Atlanta area too so it'd be nice to hear what you didn't like about the DWS's.

'08 Tungsten Grey 6i Hatchback
'06 Tungsten Grey 6i Sedan
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mralexsays View Post
Just curious, can you elaborate on what didn't you like about them? I was going to get a set of DWS's, but due to them not being available when I needed tires, wound up with Yokohama YK580's instead. I hate the YK580's. Dry traction is shit - they squeal with little provocation, wet grip is poor also. The only good think about the YK580's is they seem very excellent at hydroplaning resistance, but I'm guessing that whatever makes them great at hydroplaning resistance is what makes them horrible for the other 99% of conditions. I'm from the Atlanta area too so it'd be nice to hear what you didn't like about the DWS's.
Why don't you get them online? I got mine on Tirerack, like he said they are top notch I have them on my car too and the only weakness they have is the side wall that its prone to bulge with bad potholes but other than that its the best quality and money wise

2006 MS6 GT - Titanium Silver - #05750 -Cobb AP V2 - AT HPFP - Fujita F5 2.75" CAI W/ AEM Dry Flow - FidanzdaFlywheel - AWR TMM - AWR PMM - AWR RMM - Techna-Fit Brakes & Clutch SSL - Turbo XS Test Pipe - Maganaflow Catback

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page