2014 - An Ongoing Review - Page 5 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List
Aviboy97

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviboy97 View Post
I was not questioning whether the Mazda6 would have a MT for the Touring model, because Mazda has disclosed it will, but rather when they will be State-side. The info the other member posted about arriving in February is not correct, unless Mazda does what they did with the display model and give every dealer one that was not allocated. Allocation for the Mazda6 Touring MT has not started and is not possible to have a car here in a month when no allocation has been offered.

If I could show, or disclose the info I have, I would, but manufacturer-dealer confidentiality forbids me to do so.
The info I posted came directly from a Mazda manufacturer rep. He said as of right now they are aiming for a mid/ late February timeframe when the Touring MT hits dealers. He did say it was subject to change and I'm sure it's possible for a march/April delivery date. But February until further notice is what they are telling me. So unless Mazda themselves are confused then I will be hoping for late Feb. if not oh well I wait longer. We will see if he is right about the pricing for the Touring MT being available on there website 1st week of Feb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage View Post
The info I posted came directly from a Mazda manufacturer rep. He said as of right now they are aiming for a mid/ late February timeframe when the Touring MT hits dealers. He did say it was subject to change and I'm sure it's possible for a march/April delivery date. But February until further notice is what they are telling me. So unless Mazda themselves are confused then I will be hoping for late Feb. if not oh well I wait longer. We will see if he is right about the pricing for the Touring MT being available on there website 1st week of Feb.
I'm not questioning whether you received info from a Mazda Customer Service rep, but only the info you were given. The info is wrong, I'm telling you. When it comes to upcoming product info, they usually do not have full details. They are mainly there to assist current owners or would be customers with any problems or questions.

Last edited by Aviboy97; 01-16-2013 at 03:40 PM.
post #43 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 784 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2895 Post(s)
Thanked 4,065 Times in 2,855 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Alright, alright.

So there MAY or MAY NOT be a MTX Touring Model. IF it were to come out, it would MOST Likely be Mid February.

For all we know, Mazda plans on making a Speed6 and importing the Wagon from Europe.

We're just going to have to wait and find out. As of right now, the only available options are MTX/ATX Sport, and ATX-only Touring and GT. Mazda's website claims that the Touring comes with MTX but besides some documents online and a single rep, we don't have any hard evidence.

You seem quite emphatic about owning an MTX Touring Max, I sure hope they come out with one buddy - I'd like to see one too

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Thanked 1,167 Times in 854 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
I'm going with Aviboy on this one. His past info about Mazda products has been relatively spot-on. Other reps can (and usually) say anything to please the current or future customer, then blame Mazda for the change of dates.

Right now, I won't believe that a Touring MTX will exist here in the States until I see one sitting on a dealer lot with a window sticker on it.

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #45 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Groans: 20
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Alright, alright.

So there MAY or MAY NOT be a MTX Touring Model. IF it were to come out, it would MOST Likely be Mid February.

For all we know, Mazda plans on making a Speed6 and importing the Wagon from Europe.

We're just going to have to wait and find out. As of right now, the only available options are MTX/ATX Sport, and ATX-only Touring and GT. Mazda's website claims that the Touring comes with MTX but besides some documents online and a single rep, we don't have any hard evidence.

I'd say a printed brochure is as close to "hard evidence" as there can be outside of physically touching the car itself.
post #46 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Here's my brief submission to this topic.
Last Friday, I called my local Mazda Dealership to see if they were TD'ing the 2014 and the woman on the phone said yes. I got there promptly as I couldn't sit very still thinking about getting some road time. When I spoke to the guy who approached me, he was unsure if the vehicle was able for TD. Fortunately, I was able to sit myself in the beautiful red 2014 GT.
I really couldn't have picked a worse time to go since it was pouring rain and rush hour on the highway but with 0.2 on the odo, I couldn't resist. We had to get gas which was a fun experience for me to toy with the touch screen and also use the commander knob feature which is seen in many higher end vehicles these days. Its a learn to love option that I'm sure will find handy when changing stations or answering a phone call with the blue tooth feature. Also included is a USB and AUX port which is a very nice feature to add.
Coming from a 2005 6i, I definitely fell in love with the exterior and sporty/fierce look of the front grille (Charger-ish) and the lines on the body are unique and make it stand out on the road. The interior was a black leather(ette?) with red threading which is what I want and was very roomy compared to the 1st gen.
In the rain, the wipers accelerated when more moisture was present which is a nice feature to have. Also, I took some tight turns at speed (50) on the highway on the wet surface and the car had no issues holding the curves. Cabin noise was almost non existent and non noticeable with the premium 11 speaker sound system going.

The next day, my buddy wanted to TD some cars (Kia Optima SXL [274 hp]) so while in the area of dealership-land. I took him to Mazda and we TD'ed the 2014 again. This time, I took some steep mountain back roads and gave the paddle shifters a good workout. Unfortunately, I was stuck behind a few cars but enjoyed the ride none the less. My buddy then swapped spots mid-drive and brought it back to the dealership. He liked the ride overall but wanted more power out of it. I understand this fact but for the 2.5L with the Skyactive-D and boasting an impressive 38 mpg highway, I feel that 186 hp is plenty for my driving ways and will be hella fun to zip around town lookin like a boss.

Overall, I really don't see too many flaws on this vehicle yet. I find it very good looking on both the outie and innie and the spec are right up my range. I have no desire to wait out for a MTX or a diesel (just not my style) so I think once more cars come on the lot, I will be looking to retire my 2005 6i (105k miles) to another owner and try and get my hands on a new 2014 Touring 6 Jet Black Mica (JBM) and black leatherette interior.
Just hoping my bank account agrees with my dreams. (24.5k MSRP for Touring)

2014 Mazda 6 Touring with Tech
Injen CAI & Racing Beats Exhaust
Verde 18' Black sport Rims on Kumho Ecsta 4x with Red Aluminum Lugs and H&R Springs
Thule Aeroblade Roof rack and Bike holder. Tints: Doors 35% Rear 25%
35W 6000k HID's + 35w 6000k HID Highbeams
Hella Horns with Custom Mesh Grille
post #47 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I'm not questioning whether you received info from a Mazda Customer Service rep, but only the info you were given. The info is wrong, I'm telling you. When it comes to upcoming product info, they usually do not have full details. They are mainly there to assist current owners or would be customers with any problems or questions.
I understand which is why I said his info was subject to change according to him. I don't work for a dealer so when I call the manufacturer I expect decently accurate info. I would think if the dates were too far out to be sure of, Mazda SHOULD only give info they know or an estimated time frame. Which he did, it might be a hopeful time frame more so than a practical one. But again that is what he told me and I didn't have anything else to go off of and I would expect that Mazda more so than anyone else to have the correct info. So if a member such as yourself just tells me "I am incorrect" without any supporting info to back it up, I am not likely to believe it. Not that the info from what you tell me or the Mazda rep is far off anyway. We are talking February vs March/April, it's not like we're talking February Vs December or something to that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Alright, alright.

You seem quite emphatic about owning an MTX Touring Max, I sure hope they come out with one buddy - I'd like to see one too
From my understanding it is not a matter of IF the Touring MT is going to come out but a debate of when. It's sounding like a early spring time frame but until dealers start getting them in, it's a wait and see. I just try and stay in the loop and on top of this cuz I will be buying a 2014 Mazda 6.

Yes I would prefer owning a Touring MTX over the ATX. However, if it takes half a year or an extremely long time I might just go for the ATX instead. Right now it doesn't seem like dealers really even have them in stock yet (Besides the demos) so it will be a good wait no matter what trim/combo you are looking for. I'm still waiting to test drive one when my local dealership(s) get one in. In the end it will be a matter of how long I am willing to wait for the MTX. I've been shopping for a car since last August I am very ready to buy a car! lol
post #48 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
MaxCarnage-

I'm not trying to flex muscle and tell you that you are incorrect, that is not my intent. I understand your passion to own a Touring MT and you will get one, in due time. I understand your hesitation in believing what I am saying but if I could offer concrete evidence without putting my job in jeopardy, I would. I hold a very important position with a preferred Mazda dealer and I take Mazda's rules on dealer confidentiality seriously, especially when clearly expressed by the manufacturer.

I understand your passion for the car as I share it with you. I'm so excited about this car and I am envious of those who have already purchased or intend to in the near future.

As you know, we are getting a Touring MT. Wish it were here now so you could buy one!! But, don't fret...before you know it, you will have one sitting in your garage and I can't wait to hear your impressions.

post #49 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
MaxCarnage-

I'm not trying to flex muscle and tell you that you are incorrect, that is not my intent. I understand your passion to own a Touring MT and you will get one, in due time. I understand your hesitation in believing what I am saying but if I could offer concrete evidence without putting my job in jeopardy, I would. I hold a very important position with a preferred Mazda dealer and I take Mazda's rules on dealer confidentiality seriously, especially when clearly expressed by the manufacturer.

I understand your passion for the car as I share it with you. I'm so excited about this car and I am envious of those who have already purchased or intend to in the near future.

As you know, we are getting a Touring MT. Wish it were here now so you could buy one!! But, don't fret...before you know it, you will have one sitting in your garage and I can't wait to hear your impressions.
I get that you aren't trying to flex your muscle I just like to verify info and make sure it's not just a rumor like many things on the Internet just separating fact from fiction. Since you hold a high position with a preffered dealer I'm sure your info is pretty spot on. I appreciate it cuz now I won't get annoyed when I don't see the touring MT until march/April. If there is any extra info you can give us that will not jepordize your job please let us know. April is a good ways away so I sure hope its March instead!
post #50 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Retired Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyluv1 View Post
I wonder if Mazda's selling the wagon up there as well? I'm not sure (plus it's late and I'm being a lazy ass) but didn't 1st gen 4cyl wagon get sold in Canada?
I only wish they did. If they sold the 2014 in a wagon up here, I'd be so happy.

As for 1st gen wagons, they were V6 only here. Only the sedan and sport models had the 4cyl.

For NA, it's easier for them to just tell you to buy the CX-5 if you want a wagon. Unfortunately, I want a CX-5 GS or GT model, but you can only get manual in the GX model which is a shame.

If they released the CX-5 with the new more powerful engine with a manual, then I'd be all over it, but unfortunately, that's auto only.

VANCOUVER MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR

2004 Mazda6 V6 GT GFX *SOLD*
- AEM Cold Air Intake, black housing headlights and taillights

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page