2014 - An Ongoing Review - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List
Aviboy97

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great writeup!! Anyone drive the 6MT yet? I would venture to guess that the 6MT will help move the car along even better than the 6AT will. I can't wait to test drive both the auto and the manual, mainly the manual!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 753 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Thanked 3,990 Times in 2,803 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage View Post
Great writeup!! Anyone drive the 6MT yet? I would venture to guess that the 6MT will help move the car along even better than the 6AT will. I can't wait to test drive both the auto and the manual, mainly the manual!
Thanks!

If my dealer had an MTX I would have driven that for sure. But I did put the ATX in manual mode and you can definitely get more power out of it like that - obviously since automatic-mode tries to be fuel efficient.

I've read that the twin turbo diesel is supposed to be offered in both ATX and MTX - now THAT is something that will probably get people excited who are looking for moat power.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #23 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Thanks!

If my dealer had an MTX I would have driven that for sure. But I did put the ATX in manual mode and you can definitely get more power out of it like that - obviously since automatic-mode tries to be fuel efficient.

I've read that the twin turbo diesel is supposed to be offered in both ATX and MTX - now THAT is something that will probably get people excited who are looking for moat power.
Paddle shifters isn't the same as a manual. I'm sure it helps like you noted in your test, but I'd venture to guess the manual makes the most out of the 184hp/185tq the new 6 has. There has to be manuals out there somewhere I would imagine. Hopefully it's not rare to find a manual, because I definitely want one!

I'm sure the turbo diesel is nice, and I'm all for more power, but I am not a diesel guy by any means and would much rather have a gasoline driven 4 cylinder turbo instead. I'm sure Mazda did the diesel though to get the best of both worlds they could with power and fuel efficiency being those. I will be more than happy with my 2.5i engine and the fuel efficiency it will deliver. I'm sure the 2.2T diesel will be a premium price over the 2.5i and my budget will keep me looking at a Touring Trim, let alone a diesel option. I did hear like you did (internet, lol) that a MTX and ATX options will be available for the diesel. It will be interesting to see the diesel aftermarket stuff (If there is anything). I'm sure they will be pushing tons of torque like diesels do, then torque steer fun, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
Paddle shifters isn't the same as a manual. I'm sure it helps like you noted in your test, but I'd venture to guess the manual makes the most out of the 184hp/185tq the new 6 has. There has to be manuals out there somewhere I would imagine. Hopefully it's not rare to find a manual, because I definitely want one!

I'm sure the turbo diesel is nice, and I'm all for more power, but I am not a diesel guy by any means and would much rather have a gasoline driven 4 cylinder turbo instead. I'm sure Mazda did the diesel though to get the best of both worlds they could with power and fuel efficiency being those. I will be more than happy with my 2.5i engine and the fuel efficiency it will deliver. I'm sure the 2.2T diesel will be a premium price over the 2.5i and my budget will keep me looking at a Touring Trim, let alone a diesel option. I did hear like you did (internet, lol) that a MTX and ATX options will be available for the diesel. It will be interesting to see the diesel aftermarket stuff (If there is anything). I'm sure they will be pushing tons of torque like diesels do, then torque steer fun, lol.
Can't agree more. I love the feel of a manual, and we all know you can squeeze every bit of hp out of an engine unlike an ATX. I always told myself I'd never go ATX, but it's tough not to do so when I like this car so much and the trim I want doesn't offer ATX - Manuals are a dying breed unfortunately, and they're going to slowly become harder and harder to find/sell.

As for diesel, I was leaning towards it at first, THEN I heard the potential price tags - NO, thank you. Not worth the pain and suffering when/if something breaks either.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.

post #25 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
MTX will not be available until late spring. March/April allocation, IIFC.

post #26 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviboy97 View Post
MTX will not be available until late spring. March/April allocation, IIFC.
I got an email from Mazda stating that the Touring MTX will be available at all dealers sometime mid/late February. They said it was because of the last minute decision to put a MTX in the Touring trim. But I haven't noticed anyone talk about a Sport MTX either. Isn't March/April early spring? lol. Hopefully the email I got from Mazda is accurate cuz I am ready to buy one! So I will wait until they come out.
post #27 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
I got an email from Mazda stating that the Touring MTX will be available at all dealers sometime mid/late February. They said it was because of the last minute decision to put a MTX in the Touring trim. But I haven't noticed anyone talk about a Sport MTX either. Isn't March/April early spring? lol. Hopefully the email I got from Mazda is accurate cuz I am ready to buy one! So I will wait until they come out.
MazdaUSA's website does not confirm the touring will be offered with MTX - This doesn't mean that it WON'T be offered eventually, but I'd be willing to think this will be the case.

The previous models did the same thing, where only the base model was given the MTX option. This isn't a choice I'm a fan of, or many others, but it's supply and demand for the company to make money, and the world just isn't buying MTX as often any more.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

post #28 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Groans: 20
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
MazdaUSA's website does not confirm the touring will be offered with MTX - This doesn't mean that it WON'T be offered eventually, but I'd be willing to think this will be the case.

The previous models did the same thing, where only the base model was given the MTX option. This isn't a choice I'm a fan of, or many others, but it's supply and demand for the company to make money, and the world just isn't buying MTX as often any more.
Just so that everyone knows. My 6 is as non-base as can be, a 6S with every option/package you could get, and it has an MT.

It was HARD to find one (especially in the color I wanted). They said about 1% of North American 6's had both a V6 and a MT, and even less of them had all the options I wanted. But they do exist.
post #29 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
That is incorrect. The Sport might show up then, but not a Touring MT.

post #30 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviboy97 View Post
That is incorrect. The Sport might show up then, but not a Touring MT.
This is what Mazda emailed me recently.

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Mazda,

Mazda’s decision to include a manual transmission for the Touring edition of the 2014 Mazda6 was fairly recent. As a result, this trim level will see a delay of approximately 3-4 weeks before they arrive at dealers. We anticipate having this version of the 2014 Mazda6 in stock at all authorized Mazda dealers by mid to late February. Pricing for this trim level should be available during the first week of February.

We do appreciate the time that you took to contact Mazda and for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your inquiry. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at the number below and reference file #XXXXXXX

Best Regards,

Jose
Customer Assistance Representative
Mazda North American Operations
(800) 222-5500, X1180

Mazda confirmed the Touring getting the MT and this Mazda rep is saying February. I will wait until the first week of February where hopefully the pricing gets updated. So I don't see how I'm incorrect.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaxCarnage For This Useful Post:
Gavintech (01-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page