2014 - An Ongoing Review - Page 14 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List
Aviboy97

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 147 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 784 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2895 Post(s)
Thanked 4,065 Times in 2,855 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eran says View Post
Tough to get great gas mileage here in San Diego where everyone does 80mph all the time. If you go under 75 you end up with the car that was behind you in your passenger seat Haha.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Haha I'll trade you your fast drivers for our POS roads We can't go super fast even if we wanted to......except the Mass Pike - I've always said it's the only road in the country where 65mph means 85mph.

But I agree. I refuse to keep up with traffic during my commute because I think doing 65 in a 50 is fast enough. I don't pass a single car on my way home, but I'm perfectly okay watching everyone fly past at more than 20mph over the limit.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 147 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Thanked 1,167 Times in 854 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar365 View Post
I think the turning radius is insanely good for a car with a 111" wheelbase.
You think that's good? Try a 2nd-gen out for size...

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #133 of 147 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eran says View Post
Tough to get great gas mileage here in San Diego where everyone does 80mph all the time. If you go under 75 you end up with the car that was behind you in your passenger seat Haha.

Yeah and where I live in SD it is hilly and all the surface streets are posted 40-55 with all the traffic lights/intersections seemingly always at the bottom of a hill. Driving is a real drag race around here. I'm content with my mpgs given the circumstances and the large size of this car.

Also Buyakya, thanks for making e aware of being able to hang the gas cap on the filler door. I would never have noticed/figured that out without you saying anything.

Flowmaster dBX Exhaust---Corksport SRI W/Cold Air Box---OrangeVirus Tuned ECU---90lb Weight Red.---Shifter Mods

;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 147 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar365 View Post
Yeah and where I live in SD it is hilly and all the surface streets are posted 40-55 with all the traffic lights/intersections seemingly always at the bottom of a hill. Driving is a real drag race around here.
Man that's lucky. I am rarely anywhere in this SD where a surface street is higher than 40mph. I definitely have a tendency to put my foot down, but less so the older I get...

"Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Hp is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you when you hit it."
post #135 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
75,000 Miles...

Well, here I am again at another mile-marker for owning this car start-to-finish. 75k miles up and down the east coast, down to South Carolina's beautiful beaches, up into the wilderness of up-state Maine, NH and Vermont, as far west as Niagara Falls, and 1.5 hours to and from work 5 days a week..... I love this car more with every second I spend in it.

The biggest "repairs" thus far have been a chattering heat shield and a very slightly wobbly radiator; beyond this, the car has been stellar.

Heads still turn everywhere I go, people always looking curiously at what (not a Honda or Toyota) just drove past them. I even caught a Maseratti owner staring this car down while we were in traffic, only to notice me watching him and quickly avert his glance. I drive as spiritedly as I need to, in and out of heavy Boston traffic each day, and I'm still getting an average of 34mpgs and almost 600 miles per tank.

This car is unreal, and I don't dare think of the day I need to put it away for good - Let's hope I'm writing these into the hundreds of thousands
wannabelikemike likes this.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
nobouncecap (06-07-2016), TumbleWeed (05-26-2016)
post #136 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Awesome review, makes me kinda wish I would have gotten a 3rd gen but I'm happy with the 2nd gen (and less debt). I also have the little tray/coinholder thing that's above the hood release. I don't know what it's there for and still haven't used it to this day.
post #137 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg JSK View Post
Awesome review, makes me kinda wish I would have gotten a 3rd gen but I'm happy with the 2nd gen (and less debt). I also have the little tray/coinholder thing that's above the hood release. I don't know what it's there for and still haven't used it to this day.
It's actually specified by Mazda to be a loose change/bolt holder, and that's what most of us use it for anyways

Unfortunately on the 3rd gens, if you have the factory Navigation, that space is taken up and there's no use for it.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

post #138 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
It's actually specified by Mazda to be a loose change/bolt holder, and that's what most of us use it for anyways

Unfortunately on the 3rd gens, if you have the factory Navigation, that space is taken up and there's no use for it.

I love my snowflake white pearl 6GT. It's a 2014 and picked it up 3 months ago with 18,000 miles for $22,500. The car is absolutely flawless inside and out, not a scratch on it. The features this car has is simply amazing. The adaptive cruise control is definitely one of my favorite features. I'm driving 2 hours up to Wisconsin this weekend so I'll be using this feature on my trip up there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #139 of 147 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Have read through your review, and just wanted to drop you a note to say it made me happy to know that it is still such a positive experience after the miles you have put on it. Just got my 17 soul red yesterday, and really enjoy the car. I usually keep a car for 2-3 years max, the exceptions in that past have been Miatas and Jaguars - if that sounds snooty, I bought the Jags used and cheap, and had great luck with them. - Although there was always a bit of worry about reliability. With this car and with the experience with Miatas I truly feel the quality and reliability will be great, and it drives well for a good size sedan with a 4 cylinder. And the design - have really loved the looks of it since this generation arrived. Thanks again for the write up - keep piling the miles on and let us know how it goes!

2017 Mazda6 Sport Soul Red
2006 Mazda Miata GT Copper Red
post #140 of 147 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 01:41 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Nice review!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page