So whats up in the midwest? - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Redletter
QUOTE (adpsmp @ Jan 12 2009, 11:46 AM)
Quote:
I park in the lot by the old dorms/thrift shop/flight medicine clinic...that all used to be dorms[/b]
Gotcha... I'm on casual status so I head over that way every Monday. I'm still all stock and trying to decide what to blow my money on. I'm just hesitant with everything cause of the weather here. And the crappy roads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Learners License

QUOTE (Redletter @ Jan 12 2009, 03:07 PM)
Quote:
Gotcha... I'm on casual status so I head over that way every Monday. I'm still all stock and trying to decide what to blow my money on. I'm just hesitant with everything cause of the weather here. And the crappy roads.[/b]
I definately understand that. I've hit a couple of teeth-rattling potholes that I would have sworn bent a rim...but so far...I've been pretty lucky.
Although, now that Nebraska has finally caught up with the rest of the country and started using asphalt instead of concrete...the highways are getting quite a bit nicer to drive on.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Learners License

Do you have a sound system? I went to Stereo West Audio store in omaha... and their kinda expensive but they do some good work from what i've seen.... You know anything about them or is the sound deal not your thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Learners License

QUOTE (Redletter @ Jan 15 2009, 09:02 PM)
Quote:
Do you have a sound system? I went to Stereo West Audio store in omaha... and their kinda expensive but they do some good work from what i've seen.... You know anything about them or is the sound deal not your thing?[/b]
I know they are a little pricey...but I have never heard anyone complain about their installs.
I am still stock in the stereo dept...I've been doing some research...but really don't know which way I want to go. My last car had 2 10" Punch Subs in a sealed enclosure run by an 800w Kenwood 2-channel, 4 6x8" 2-ways in the front and back and some Boston Accoustic Tweeters run by a 640w 4-channel, and an Alpine head unit....
However, I don't like the way the dash looks in the 6 with the aftermarket head units so that type of set-up is out.
So....right now I'm kinda leaning toward getting a amplified sub (infinity basslink or the like) amp, and upgraded speakers...
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Learners License

I've been searching ebay pretty hard looking for some deals... i ended up getting 2 kicker comp vr's and 500watt amp... just to see what it sounds like. It was basically just an experiment though cause i know i want to get a Alpine mrp-m1000 and some better subs in the future. Anyways its all going to the stock HU cause i'm a cheap ass and i also dont like the look of the after market stuff. And yeah South West is expensive but they seem to be really into helping me find what i need. I think i saw you pulling out of the Bx/Line badge building road today on my way back from the gym. Your car's looking good
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Learners License

QUOTE (Redletter @ Jan 16 2009, 05:19 PM)
Quote:
I've been searching ebay pretty hard looking for some deals... i ended up getting 2 kicker comp vr's and 500watt amp... just to see what it sounds like. It was basically just an experiment though cause i know i want to get a Alpine mrp-m1000 and some better subs in the future. Anyways its all going to the stock HU cause i'm a cheap ass and i also dont like the look of the after market stuff. And yeah South West is expensive but they seem to be really into helping me find what i need. I think i saw you pulling out of the Bx/Line badge building road today on my way back from the gym. Your car's looking good[/b]
Thanks...but she's about filthy right now...can't wait for spring...I hate road salt.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Learners License

Got my subs completely installed yesterday... then when putting in the last bolt behind the glove box it tightened on the remote wire, and i guess shorted something out... I hate my life
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Learners License

Send a message via AIM to xpmtterrx Send a message via MSN to xpmtterrx
I'm still around............been really busy the past few months. Maybe we can get a meet going or something!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page