User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife and I are driving thru and staying in St Louis for a couple of days. I was wondering what places to see while we are there. I heard you guys are having electricity problems should everything be okay by next Wednesday? We are planning to see the zoo and Budweiser right now. We might see the arch but I hear it's not all that great. Any recommendations on places to see or eat would be great. Mods if this is thread is in the wrong place please move.

Thanks,

William

SCCA #65
GS 03 6 (daily driver)
AS/BS 03 S2000 (CODRIVE)
CS/ES 95 MIATA R (CODRIVE)
STS 90 CIVIC SI (CODRIVE) sts killer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Indy MPS6
I think the Arch is interesting just because how many times do you go up into a huge arch? The elevator cars are kinda neat and the inside of the arch is interesting. If you're not planning to go back to St. Louis anytime soon, I would say to do it as I think it's probably one of America's man made wonders.
If you have time (and have the interest), you might want to check out their new baseball stadium. My wife's family makes a trip there every year. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed with the park.
Speaking of parks, there is a Six Flags amusement park right outside of St. Louis that is pretty fun.
If you prefer to party it up a bit, go down by the mississipi river to a place called Laclede's Landing. A lot of bars and a few good restaurants.
Whatever you do, don't go to East St. Louis!
The downtown are is still pretty depressed. However, the City Museum is pretty fun for the kids. Do not waste your time at the downtown shopping mall either. It's pretty scary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Imagine how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:53 PM

Well i live in st.louis so hopefully i can give you a few ideas. The ideas mentioned by dave are pretty good, so i will add a few. Without knowing what you enjoy or would like to do its a little more difficult as i think st.louis is pretty boring. Theres the Science Center which is usually a good time. Theres also stuff going on in Forest Park, Im sure if you googled it you could find out more. I went to Shakespeare in the Park Stuff earlier in the summer. Theres also the Muny, which is an outdoor theatre. I would suggest trying to get tickets to a cardinals game (although they are a little steep). If you wanna do that go to stlcardinals.com . Also check out the prime seat club for getting tickets if all else fails. As for shopping st.louis isnt that great. IF you want an upscale mall i would check out plaza frontenac. West county mall isnt too bad either. If you up for doing some drinking/bars lacledes landing is probably your best bet but depending where you are staying westport plaza might be another option as well. Theres also some riverboats out in st.charles or downtown if gambling is your thing. Hope this helps!
--Shadd

--------------------------------
'06 6i Sport Sedan MTX Glacier Silver
-Bose/Cd/Roof
-Mazda Ipod Adaptor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

we might go to the arch. how long does it take to make it up in the elevators? we'll have a day to spend in st louis so we gotta pack as much as possible while we are there. thanks for the info.

SCCA #65
GS 03 6 (daily driver)
AS/BS 03 S2000 (CODRIVE)
CS/ES 95 MIATA R (CODRIVE)
STS 90 CIVIC SI (CODRIVE) sts killer
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
we might go to the arch. how long does it take to make it up in the elevators? we'll have a day to spend in st louis so we gotta pack as much as possible while we are there. thanks for the info.
[/b]

making it up the elevators doesnt take too long, however sometimes theres a line, and that takes awhile. If i had to guess i would say around 5 minutes in the elevators. Oh and i hope your not tall because im 6'1 and its a little cramped for me.
--Shadd

--------------------------------
'06 6i Sport Sedan MTX Glacier Silver
-Bose/Cd/Roof
-Mazda Ipod Adaptor

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 07:09 PM

Ameren just reported all power is restored so you should be fine in that regard.

Not sure if your would be interested, but there are a couple of parks at the confluence of missouri and mississippi river. Walking across Chain of Rocks bridge is kinda neat too (especially knowing that is where they did the bridge scene on Escape from New York). Gateway International Raceway might be of interest also - just try to ignore trash mountain which is next to it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Another place you could go to is Central West End, pretty neat area, and very secure area. In CWE, there's many places you can visit is hookah bars, sushi bars, froyo (frozen yogurt), crepes, and many more. A restaurant I would recommend is Bar Louie, which has valet parking too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page