FS: 2015 Mazda6 Touring 6MT w/ many improvements - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
FS: 2015 Mazda6 Touring 6MT w/ many improvements

As much as I hate to admit it, the time has come to sell this sweet driving vehicle. I planned to keep it forever, so I did everything I could to turn it into a smooth riding, tight handling, perfect road trip machine. I have to say that I definitely accomplished my goal, but fortunately for me, I changed careers to a very close location and really don't need a car, much less one built for long hauls. I have barely driven this car in the past year so it's time for it to go.

Basics
2015 Mazda 6 Touring
Liquid Silver exterior, Black Leatherette interior
6 Speed Manual Transmission
45k miles
One owner
Asking $15900
Album of pictures

Exterior
- Had a professional detailer do a paint correction and seal with Opticoat Pro permanent ceramic coating
- Xpel Ultimate self-healing paint protection film over entire front bumper
- Rear lip spoiler
- Mud guards!
- Llumar CTX nano-ceramic tint on all windows (40%)
- Suntek CXP nano-ceramic tint on windshield (80%)
- TRS 4300k HID bulbs with DDM ballasts
- Stupid bright LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
- 19x8.5 Advanti Drago wheels (5--one extra new in box) - These are flow formed, very lightweight wheels. I coated them in Carpro Dlux before mounting, so they clean very easily.
- 245/45r19 Dunlop Signature HP Tires - Comfortable, quiet, and grippy as hell
- Never driven in snow/salt
- Always hand washed via two bucket method -- no swirl marks and only a few dings in the paint

Interior
- 9" Android Headunit w/ GPS (Waze/Spotify/Netflix/etc work great) (link)
- LED door lights (I have LED bulbs for the full interior, but they are not installed as I prefer the standard bulbs)
- 'Mazda6' sill plates
- Replaced OE speakers with Dolby DB 651 in the doors (4) and DB-351 in the dash (2) with bass blockers
- Dynamat sound deadening added to all doors - reduced road noise and enhanced stereo
- Cord trim on door panels to match roof color (link)
- Interior shows no wear

Suspension
- Koni FSD struts/shocks greatly improved comfort and handling (yes, they're magical)
- Progress rear sway bar reduced understeer without adding harshness (link)
- Cleaned and repacked front strut bearings with Redline synthetic bearing lube
- Filled control arm bushings with polyurethane to improve steering feel (link)
- Tanabe front strut tower brace (link)
- Tanabe front under brace (NLA)
- ARP extended wheel studs
- This suspension combination is buttery smooth on the highway, flat and tight in the corners

Drivetrain
- OrangeVirus ECU tuned to maximize power and fuel economy on 87 OR 93 octane (link)
- Tanabe Medalion exhaust actually gave a nice bump in torque! (link)
- Engine oil & filter always changed every 3-5k miles with Mobil 1 0w-20
- Transmission fluid changed for Redline MTL @ 29k miles
- Shortened shift lever with weighted shift knob
- Corksport solid shifter mounts (link)
- Corksport short shift plate (link)
- Added polyurethane stiffening to rear engine mount to help throttle response without adding NVH
- The drivetrain puts down excellent low end power while maintaining 40+mpg on trips

I kept all service records on MyMazda, so I believe I can just transfer that over to the new owner.

I'll include all of the OE parts that were replaced (muffler, shocks, etc), a set of Tanabe NF210 springs, the Tactrix cable for the OV software tuning, and an extra Advanti Drago wheel new in box that I bought to have a spare
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 10:10 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
This is an incredible deal. I'm already mazda'd up so I'm set, but damn if I wasn't... GLWS
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Groans: 2
A lot of good mods there. Especially susp.... Betcha with the OVT (tune) it runs 'real fine ☺

Cdn17Sport6MT
Vancouver, BC Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Rally Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6seriesmazdarati View Post
This is an incredible deal. I'm already mazda'd up so I'm set, but damn if I wasn't... GLWS
Thanks man. I'm sure I could recover a lot more cost if I broke it down and sold the parts individually, but I have this thing so dialed in that I really want someone to appreciate how the whole package works together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT View Post
A lot of good mods there. Especially susp.... Betcha with the OVT (tune) it runs 'real fine ☺
Haha sure does! No one that rides in it believes that it's a 4 cylinder. Adjusting the tune after adding the Tanabe exhaust (and replacing an SRI with the OE airbox) made this car a torque monster. It will absolutely scoot without hesitation.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Rally Racer

Garage
weekly bumparino to see if any enthusiasts are perusing these threads
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 08:26 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
This is still an incredible deal!

Friendly bump, but you're going to have to pay for it with a question.

How was the OV tuning process? I hear the customer service with them can be pretty terrible as far as communication goes during the data logs going back and forth. I check his facebook now and then and it seems he's busier than ever too which makes me worry it's gotten worse.
I'd gladly spend the money on tune and 91 fuel if I knew it would just work on day 1. But, I need my car almost every single day and I'm scared of having it not quite right for up to a week or two as the process unfolds. Any comments, opinions?

Thanks!
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
I had no problem with it and I still have the stock firmware file, so if I DID have a problem I could have flashed back to stock for a period of time.

IMHO being 92-only is an issue -- I paid the extra (small) for both 87 and 92 tune files, so I can swap, but due to the economics of 92 fuel in this area it's simply never worth running the 92 tune in "ordinary" use. There are more gains to be had by using it but the cost of operating on premium is, IMHO, not worth it.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Agreed this is an outstanding deal for those "in the know". Had I been more educated on mods for these cars before I bought mine last year (and had I been looking for another MT car) this would have been at the top of my list.

GLWS!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 39 Times in 32 Posts
How much did you spend in all those mods?

As fun as modding is, financially, not a good idea. You're selling the car for 15k and you probably bought it for 20k+ and spent 5k+ on mods

why can't you keep the car? unless is NOT paid off? it seems there is something you are not telling us

I don't drive my car much either, my work is like 10 minutes away, if not less from where I live, but I'm not gonna get rid of the car and start biking and walking for the sake of a more frugal lifestyle? not a need for a car? are you trying to save money? You already spent thousands on mods, why not keep the car even if your current job is close to home?

if the car is paid off and you have NO other form of transportation, you may regret this decision, no job is guaranteed in this life

selling the car would increase your savings and theoretically, you could what bike or walk to work? take the bus? ride share? but someday you will need a car and you will have to pay another 15-20k again, basically that money you are cupping up now from this sale, will be spent in another car a few years from now when life changes

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 04-01-2018 at 10:01 PM.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
How much did you spend in all those mods?

As fun as modding is, financially, not a good idea. You're selling the car for 15k and you probably bought it for 20k+ and spent 5k+ on mods

why can't you keep the car? unless is NOT paid off? it seems there is something you are not telling us

I don't drive my car much either, my work is like 10 minutes away, if not less from where I live, but I'm not gonna get rid of the car and start biking and walking for the sake of a more frugal lifestyle? not a need for a car? are you trying to save money? You already spent thousands on mods, why not keep the car even if your current job is close to home?

if the car is paid off and you have NO other form of transportation, you may regret this decision, no job is guaranteed in this life

selling the car would increase your savings and theoretically, you could what bike or walk to work? take the bus? ride share? but someday you will need a car and you will have to pay another 15-20k again, basically that money you are cupping up now from this sale, will be spent in another car a few years from now when life changes
Probably because he can sell it & being the market on these aren't very fast selling when your car is in the same bracket as a Toyota Camry & Honda Accord you'd want to sell while you can get decent blue book on it. I didn't have to recently sell my paid off Genesis Couple with $7K+ in upgrades but I did because blue book value drops faster than others & wanted to get what I could out of it in which was only the Blue Book of $10K. If he wants to sell it then that's his choice.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6 Spd Manual Deep Crystal Blue Metallic- Cork Sport SRI w/Cold Air Box, Racing Beat Exhaust, JBR Short Shift Plate, Full Kicker Audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page