FS: 2015 Mazda6 Touring 6MT w/ many improvements - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6seriesmazdarati View Post
This is still an incredible deal!

Friendly bump, but you're going to have to pay for it with a question.

How was the OV tuning process? I hear the customer service with them can be pretty terrible as far as communication goes during the data logs going back and forth. I check his facebook now and then and it seems he's busier than ever too which makes me worry it's gotten worse.
I'd gladly spend the money on tune and 91 fuel if I knew it would just work on day 1. But, I need my car almost every single day and I'm scared of having it not quite right for up to a week or two as the process unfolds. Any comments, opinions?

Thanks!
I'm not sure how his process is nowadays since it was a long time ago that I did all of the logging/tuning, but it took I think 8 iterations to dial it in. I'm sure he can get through them quicker now. At no point was the car undriveable or anything -- I would just load a tune, drive for a while, log some data, and send him the logs. He would send a new tune file a few days later, repeat. Like tickerguy said, you can always flash back to your stock file if the car isn't acting right or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickerguy View Post
I had no problem with it and I still have the stock firmware file, so if I DID have a problem I could have flashed back to stock for a period of time.

IMHO being 92-only is an issue -- I paid the extra (small) for both 87 and 92 tune files, so I can swap, but due to the economics of 92 fuel in this area it's simply never worth running the 92 tune in "ordinary" use. There are more gains to be had by using it but the cost of operating on premium is, IMHO, not worth it.
I did the same (glad you brought it up!) and completely forgot about the finalized 87 tune. Maybe I should load that one before I sell it...I guess I can ask the buyer which they want and just send them the rest of the files to play around with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrider View Post
Agreed this is an outstanding deal for those "in the know". Had I been more educated on mods for these cars before I bought mine last year (and had I been looking for another MT car) this would have been at the top of my list.

GLWS!
Thanks man. I think that's going to be the biggest hurdle in selling this -- all of us buy the car, THEN join the forum and learn about the different modifications and upgrades that are available. Someone out looking for a Mazda6 is going to buy whatever is the cheapest for the condition, so I kind of have to price it accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
How much did you spend in all those mods?

As fun as modding is, financially, not a good idea. You're selling the car for 15k and you probably bought it for 20k+ and spent 5k+ on mods

why can't you keep the car? unless is NOT paid off? it seems there is something you are not telling us

I don't drive my car much either, my work is like 10 minutes away, if not less from where I live, but I'm not gonna get rid of the car and start biking and walking for the sake of a more frugal lifestyle? not a need for a car? are you trying to save money? You already spent thousands on mods, why not keep the car even if your current job is close to home?

if the car is paid off and you have NO other form of transportation, you may regret this decision, no job is guaranteed in this life

selling the car would increase your savings and theoretically, you could what bike or walk to work? take the bus? ride share? but someday you will need a car and you will have to pay another 15-20k again, basically that money you are cupping up now from this sale, will be spent in another car a few years from now when life changes
Oh boy. Is this the Torsional Stiffness dude again? Sounds like his kind of "condescending because I don't understand" language. I haven't been around lately to know which of his names are banned at this point. Whatever, this one isn't on my ignore list, so I'll participate.

To answer your questions (and please, don't let this turn into a big discussion) I'll be as simple as possible:

Quote:
How much did you spend in all those mods?
I didn't keep a ledger, but I estimate $30k+ in this car between buying it new and doing all of the work on it.
Quote:
As fun as modding is, financially, not a good idea.
Thank you.

Quote:
why can't you keep the car? unless is NOT paid off? it seems there is something you are not telling us
You found my secret! The car is slam full of ghosts!

Quote:
not a need for a car? are you trying to save money? You already spent thousands on mods, why not keep the car even if your current job is close to home?
Currently, I have four cars. I have no need for this car. I have been working on an older BMW for the past two years that I take on solo trips since it's fun and I don't get to drive as much these days. We also recently got a new car for my wife, who doesn't drive stick, so we take her car on trips now so that we can take turns driving. The third car has bottomed out in value and is there for backup duty if [when] something breaks on one of our other cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza85 View Post
Probably because he can sell it & being the market on these aren't very fast selling when your car is in the same bracket as a Toyota Camry & Honda Accord you'd want to sell while you can get decent blue book on it. I didn't have to recently sell my paid off Genesis Couple with $7K+ in upgrades but I did because blue book value drops faster than others & wanted to get what I could out of it in which was only the Blue Book of $10K. If he wants to sell it then that's his choice.
Exactamundo. I've already put a lot of money into this car and holding on to it isn't going to make it any better. It's losing value every day that it ages, so the longer I keep it, the more losses I take. It is what it is.
toy4x likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Well, if you ever decide to part out any of those goodies & drop the price of the car put the word out!
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 12:26 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 48 Times in 41 Posts
Just spicing things up bruh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Rally Racer

Garage
A few fresh pics for spring and added some more links to the OP

LIMazda6 and JoelB3 like this.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:21 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
That's a beautiful car! I was looking at yours before I bought my '16 GT. I just couldn't sell my girlfriend on a radio that wasn't the Connect one. Good luck though!!

Current: 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring
  • LED Interior Bulbs
  • 20mm Spacers on all 4 corners

Sold: 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES Sport
  • Duckbill Spoiler
  • BC Racing Coilovers
  • Megan Racing Rear Camber Arms
  • Tsudo Headerback Exhaust
  • 17" BBS RS reps

Last edited by arrowz93; 04-24-2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Rally Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowz93 View Post
That's a beautiful car! I was looking at yours before I bought my '16 GT. I just couldn't sell my girlfriend on a radio that wasn't the Connect one. Good luck though!!
Thanks dude. Happy to see some interest in this thing. I'm just patiently waiting for an budding enthusiast to come across it.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Rally Racer

Garage
Bump this bad boy on up here
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Garage
With all sorted-out upgrades that's a steal!

2016 Touring manual Deep Crystal Blue Mica/Sand leatherette

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% 3M Ceramic film|OEM NAVI, cargo tray, F&R splash guards|TPI C726445F Wheel Locks|Interior & BKup LEDs|iJDMTOY Fogs yellow Lamin-x & H9s Mazda stalk|H9 headlights
A119 dashcam w/GPS & Lexar microSDXC 128GB|Polk Audio DB351s/100V 47uF caps in dash|DXI 651s rear doors|Kenwood KSC-SW11 subwoofer|Thermoquiet acoustic insulation
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianU For This Useful Post:
Donkey Grundle (05-13-2018)
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Man, wish I had seen this sooner. I bought a 2018 6GT recently (love it), but my son was looking to replace his 2010 3 Sport with a new 6 Touring. For a little less than the 6 Touring, he decided to jump over to Honda and get a new 2018 Civic Hatch Sport. I think if he had seen this, he might have stayed in the Mazda family. His 3 Sport ended up going to my daughter instead. I wish you the best in selling your 6 as it looks very clean with some very nice goodies.

Mazda Blood Runs in the Family:
Mine: 2018 6 GT Soul Red
Wife: 2013 CX-5 Red Mica
Daughter: 2010 3 Sport White
Past: 2000 MPV, 2004 3 GT (manual), 2009 CX-9 GT
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 08:32 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Nice car! GLWS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page