Advice needed: 2015 Non Bose; hooking up an amp and an active subwoofer? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Advice needed: 2015 Non Bose; hooking up an amp and an active subwoofer?

I have 2015 Non Bose Mazda 6. Of course, the factory audio sounds horrible and built-in BT module takes like 2 minutes to connect to my phone...

Anyway, I am keeping the factory head-unit due to integration with the commander knob that I want to keep.
Having said that, so far I have replaced all factory speakers with aftermarket ones:
- 2x DB351 with 47uf cap on the dash
- 4x Hertz Audio DCX 165.3 in all doors.
Iv'e also dynamated all doors.

Now, there is some improvement; clarity is definitely better but of course the bass is still lacking. Hence my question:

How do I hookup 4 channel amp (to drive the afermarket speakers) and an active Kenwood KSC-SW11 sub to stock stereo?
The PAC LOC (PAC AOEM-MAZ2) comes with only 4channels that will be used by the amp, how do I make one more RCA output to connect to the sub? Would a better LOC like the Audiocotrol LC7i be better suited for the task? Or could I possibly somehow dasiy chain 2 x PAC LOC's (one to connect to an amp and one to connect a sub)? Perhaps 5 channel amp would allow me to do what I want (In that case, PAC LOC RCA go in and also one more RCA channel for the sub)...?

I have searched the forums in here and it seems that no one has done anything similar:

- Keep stock head unit
- Replace OEM speakers with aftermarkets
- Add an amp to drive speakers only
- Add an ACTIVE small sub with it's own amp - that hides under the passenger's seat...

Thanks for your feedback.
Edit: Will a 4 channel amp be enough to drive all 6 speakers?

Last edited by adlep2002; 05-18-2019 at 10:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello, I have found a possible answer while looking at a manual for Audiocontrol LC7I LOC:
https://www.audiocontrol.com/downloa...ser-manual.pdf
Page 8
"AutoMode We have equipped your LC7i with an AutoMode feature that is designed to feed signal to the channel 3 section when the factory system only has front and rear outputs. AutoMode takes the channel 2 (rear) input signal and automatically feeds it to the channel 3 outputs to drive a subwoof-er amp and crossover. This means your LC7i will accept two input channels (say, front and rear) and give you three output channels (front, rear, and sub)"

So, I think that the PAC LOC wont work for my application and I'll have to invest in the LC7I to be able to wire 4 channel amp for speakers and separate active sub.

Last edited by adlep2002; 05-19-2019 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Extra info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page